7 posters

Go down

South v Eagles round 13 Empty South v Eagles round 13

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:20 pm

South Adelaide v Eagles | Flinders University Stadium | 2:10pm
Live stream via Digital Pass sanfldigitalpass.com.au
Live radio/scores/stats on the SANFL App | Live scores/stats at sanfl.com.au
SOUTH
South Adelaide has added height to its squad to host the Eagles on Saturday.
Experienced utility Ben Haren and raw rookie Cameron McGree have both been included in the Panthers’ 23-man squad.
The pair have been listed on a five-man extended interchange bench which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.
League
F: Davis, Overall, Karpany
HF: Schwarz, Whittlesea, Cross
C: Liddle, Rose, Irra
HB: Haines, Summerton, Brown
B: Loneragan, Crabb, Hoey

R: Cailotto, Heaslip, Noble
INT: Sampson, Biemans, McGree, Emery, Haren
IN: Haren, McGree
Reserves
Badger, Baker, Beeche, Beenham, Bogle, Coleman, Colwell, Davies, Elmes, Fitt, Juckers, Kappler, Kennedy, Lovering, McKinnon, Milsom, Snelling, Tucker, Wilkinson.
Under-18
F: McCreery, Sladojevic, Fitzgerald
HF: Hamilton, Oliver, Nye
C: Stapps, Clifton, Sampson
HB: Kernahan, Douglass, Lippett
B: Little, Hindes, Spacie
R: Freitag, Riddle, Dumesny
INT: Brown, Rogerson, Ryan, Kraemer, Williams, Sweetman, Copley
EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens has boosted its defensive stocks for the trip to face South Adelaide on Saturday.
Premiership defenders Luke Thompson (hamstring) and Matt Goldsworthy (calf) have returned from minor injuries to be named in the Eagles’ 23-man squad.
They have been joined on the five-man extended interchange bench by utility Sam Rowland.
Defender Joe Heinjus is unavailable after injuring his finger.
League
F: J. Hayes, Guilhaus, Rowe
HF: Poole, N. Hayes, Lonergan
C: Boyd, Foote, Firns
HB: Sinor, Von Bertouch, Hall
B: C. Gaffney, Giuffreda, J. Gaffney

R: J. Redden, Petrenko, Sharrad
INT: Comitogianni, Goldsworthy, Moore, Rowland, Thompson
IN: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Rowland
OUT: Heinjus (finger)
Reserves
Weidemann, Haylock, Lee, Nason, Cook, West, E. Miller, Schmusch, X. Redden, Wehr, Brill, Bruce, Lewis, Morgan, Jungfer, McLeod, Schoenberg, Westbrook, McNeil, Armfield, Mead, Pickett, Pedler.
Under-18
F: Schofield, Morris, Buck
HF: Dawkins, Coff, Z. Williams
C: Frederick, Beecken, McCann
HB: Hayes, Francis, Jones
B: Gaze, McNeilly, Lock
R: Phillips, Hoile, Barnett
INT: Brownlie, Carter, Jackson, Pearce, Pitt, Scott
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

South v Eagles round 13 Empty Re: South v Eagles round 13

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Interesting match. South have been good this year but lost against the Double Blues. The Eagles were on a winning run but lost to the Tigers who were coming off a loss to South.

I'm leaning to the Eagles to win down south. They have a very solid looking team and IMO will be too strong for the Panthers.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:03 am

South v Eagles round 13 Rd_13_16
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Closely fought game with the Eagles getting the choccies. Their push for the finals continues.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:42 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Closely fought game with the Eagles getting the choccies. Their push for the finals continues.

Watched this on the Pass
South end of the game 19 free kicks Eagles 17.
South got a dream run with frees first three quarters . It could be said Eagles got theirs in the last quarter . First quarter ball goes into the Eagles 50 free kick South whether they were there or not free kicks paid . Commentators kept mentioning free kicks .

Enough about the frees Eagles kicked a lot of the last goals 7 of 8 or 6 of 7.
Part way through the third the Eagles took control .
Lots of highlights for the Eagles Firns taking grabs and tagging a south player .
Pup was fast as . Rowe was great . Hayes boys did well . Hayes on his back two south players on top of him kicks a goal off the ground without getting up imho goal of the day .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Disagree with your highlight re "Hayes boys did well". Jack Hayes kicked 3 goals (good result) but Luke can't find the ball for the last 3 games - he might be affected by our different forward plan of kicking long to Guilhaus who marks, or under pressure brings it to ground for Rowe to pounce. Previously, he was more of a focus as a medium size marking forward. I like the "Guilhaus model" but hopefully, Luke can lift and give us that other option. Luke also use to be a reliable kick for goal but has caught Jack's kicking woes this season (Jack unusually kicked 3 without a miss on Sat.)
Looking with interest at Harrison Morgan in the Seconds = almost ready for promotion.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Premiers wrote:Disagree with your highlight re "Hayes boys did well". Jack Hayes kicked 3 goals (good result) but Luke can't find the ball for the last 3 games - he might be affected by our different forward plan of kicking long to Guilhaus who marks, or under pressure brings it to ground for Rowe to pounce. Previously, he was more of a focus as a medium size marking forward. I like the "Guilhaus model" but hopefully, Luke  can lift and give us that other option. Luke also use to be a reliable kick for goal but has caught Jack's kicking woes this season (Jack unusually kicked 3 without a miss on Sat.)
Looking with interest at Harrison Morgan in the Seconds = almost ready for promotion.

I think you mean Nick not Luke
Guilhaus the Eagles needed earlier in the season but with the suspension couldn’t play him .
I couldn’t make this game watched it on the pass ( health issues unable to walk part of the week ) noticed Morgan the last few weeks .

What I neglected to say the belief was back this week
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:30 am

Premiers wrote:Disagree with your highlight re "Hayes boys did well". Jack Hayes kicked 3 goals (good result) but Luke can't find the ball for the last 3 games - he might be affected by our different forward plan of kicking long to Guilhaus who marks, or under pressure brings it to ground for Rowe to pounce. Previously, he was more of a focus as a medium size marking forward. I like the "Guilhaus model" but hopefully, Luke  can lift and give us that other option. Luke also use to be a reliable kick for goal but has caught Jack's kicking woes this season (Jack unusually kicked 3 without a miss on Sat.)

Last year Nick Hayes was about the best kick for goal in the SANFL. His bad finger injury in the first game has seemed to rob him of confidence. Jack kicked two goals he wouldn't normally kick. Other clubs recognise the importance of the two Hayes boys and pay a lot more attention. Last year after 13 rounds our leading goal kickers were: J. Hayes - 24, N. Hayes - 22, Haylock - 20, and Johansen - 14. This season our leading goal kicker after 13 rounds are: Rowe - 30, J. Hayes - 21, Moore - 10 (played 7 games), N. Hayes - 9 (missed 3 games). Just feel we need another tall goal kicker to spread the load.

Harry Morgan has shown the ability to kick goals, last three game 7, 3, & 4. A good long kick for goal. He just finds the ball. Unsure if Rowe, Moore and Morgan can play in the same team, but wouldn't mind seeing Harry given a go at some stage, but the club would most probably be looking to settle the team in the run to making the finals.

Think we need to do something about our back line, not enough run and the Gaffney boys just don't seem to find enough of the ball, I think one has to go. Would like to see Goldy play permanently in the back lines possibly bring in Harry Schoenberg (left field, but really liked his game in the reserves) for a bit more run.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:50 am

Feathers wrote:

Last year Nick Hayes was about the best kick for goal in the SANFL. His bad finger injury in the first game has seemed to rob him of confidence. Jack kicked two goals he wouldn't normally kick. Other clubs recognise the importance of the two Hayes boys and pay a lot more attention. Last year after 13 rounds our leading goal kickers were: J. Hayes - 24, N. Hayes - 22, Haylock - 20, and Johansen - 14. This season our leading goal kicker after 13 rounds are: Rowe - 30, J. Hayes - 21, Moore - 10 (played 7 games), N. Hayes - 9 (missed 3 games). Just feel we need another tall goal kicker to spread the load.

Harry Morgan has shown the ability to kick goals, last three game 7, 3, & 4. A good long kick for goal. He just finds the ball. Unsure if Rowe, Moore and Morgan can play in the same team, but wouldn't mind seeing Harry given a go at some stage, but the club would most probably be looking to settle the team in the run to making the finals.

Think we need to do something about our back line, not enough run and the Gaffney boys just don't seem to find enough of the ball, I think one has to go. Would like to see Goldy play permanently in the back lines possibly bring in Harry Schoenberg (left field, but really liked his game in the reserves) for a bit more run.      
We won 6 of last 7 games. I am not sure if your analysis is correct. Throw in Hall, Seb, Lonergan,Foote and Redden in forwards. Defense no issue.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:44 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Feathers wrote:

We won 6 of last 7 games. I am not sure if your analysis is correct. Throw in Hall, Seb, Lonergan,Foote and Redden in forwards.  Defense no issue.

Our defence works well when teams bomb the ball in like south did
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down