blueandwhite
mickyj
howthewestwaswon
bayman
Brucetiki
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 5: South v Eagles - Sunday 4 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 5: South v Eagles - Sunday 4 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:53 pm

South v Eagles

Sunday 4 May
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
South 12.12.84 d Centrals 11.10.76 @ Playford Alive Oval
Eagles 17.11.113 d Sturt 15.17.107 @ Envestra Park

Last Time They Met
Eagles 11.6.72 d South 4.9.33 @ Hickinbotham Oval

Ladder Position
South: 1st 4-0 59.77%
Eagles 5th 3-1 49.15%

Both South and the Eagles came out victors in two of the matches of the season.  This looks like a fantastic match up, who will come out on top?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 5: South v Eagles - Sunday 4 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 5: South v Eagles - Sunday 4 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:50 pm

i would love to go to this match as it should be a beauty, however an u/15s match takes precedence....really need to see the teams for this one
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 5: South v Eagles - Sunday 4 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 5: South v Eagles - Sunday 4 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:12 am

South by 2-3 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:44 am

Funny on another footy site plenty of anger and venom shown to the Eagles by south people(is it just ex players or the fact we win flags and they don't not certain) !! Myself I'm going to watch a good close game like last week against sturt !!
If Souths defenders aren't upto scratch then it will be a high scoring game seeing we have 2 of our 3 tall forwards playing again !!
Go Eagles !!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:49 am

mickyj wrote:Funny on another footy site plenty of anger and venom shown to the Eagles by south people(is it just ex players or the fact we win flags and they don't not certain) !! Myself I'm going to watch a good close game like last week against sturt !!
If Souths defenders aren't upto scratch then it will be a high scoring game seeing we have 2 of our 3 tall forwards playing again !!
Go Eagles !!

I dont begrudge players moving on for what they consider a better opportunity, or even the exhorbitant amounts of money that you offered them.
However if you knew what the safc did for them off field and the circumstances behind a couple of them departing, you too would be absolutely livid. Twisted Evil 
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:11 am

blueandwhite wrote:
mickyj wrote:Funny on another footy site plenty of anger and venom shown to the Eagles by south people(is it just ex players or the fact we win flags and they don't not certain) !! Myself I'm going to watch a good close game like last week against sturt !!
Go Eagles !!

I dont begrudge players moving on for what they consider a better opportunity, or even the exhorbitant amounts of money that you offered them.
However if you knew what the safc did for them off field and the circumstances behind a couple of them departing, you too would be absolutely livid. Twisted Evil 

Maybe BW I wont get in argument over it . All I know the most important thing is the club/team individual players coaches /coaching staff come and go ! But the team is the most important thing I support the team !!
And unlike some I will not jump ship my Eagles are my team no matter what !!

Now im feeling better lmao
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 pm

Go Eagles !!

I doubt it is because you win flags as you haven't exactly dominated the competition in the last decade (says the Bays supporter Very Happy ).
It's more that it appears that the Eagles go out of their way to target poorer clubs best players on a regular basis, so you have to expect some negativity.

This should be a cracker of a game, I think South by less than 2 goals as I rate their midfield as just being better then the Eagles so far and Eddy has been outstanding for the Panthers.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:13 pm

UncleHuey wrote:
Go Eagles !!

It's more that it appears that the Eagles go out of their way to target poorer clubs best players on a regular basis, so you have to expect some negativity.

And country leagues Uncle ie McGregor and Lewis
oops both were ex bays as well

Mind u the merged team thing which is old history now always comes up when the eagles beat the lower poorer clubs !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu May 01, 2014 5:15 pm

South team for sunday...

F: Macleod, McMahon, Gulden
HF: Rose, Eddy, Liddle
C: Veide, Murphy, N. Daniel
HB: Dale, Fields, Thewlis
B: Durdin, Crabb, Makepeace

R: Brooksby, Cross, Gotch
INT: Rankine, Cailotto, McDonald, Ah Chee, McKay
IN: Ah Chee, Makepeace, Crabb
OUT: Irra
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu May 01, 2014 5:18 pm

League
F: Poole, Wundke, Goldsworthy
HF: Hall, Ainger, A. Dunstan
C: Allmond, Lewis, Sumner
HB: P. Raymond, Von Bertouch, Batley
B: Kane, Jarrad, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Powell, Boyd
INT: T. Fitzgerald, McGregor, Lloyd
UNCHANGED

Reserves
F: Press, Muller, Hayes
HF: M. Raymond, T. Whittlesea, Blesing
C: G. Ellis, Appleton, J. Sinor
HB: Summerton, Mackenzie, Muirhead
B: Osborne, Killian, Lane

R: Mullins, T. Schwarz, Rowland
INT: Huppatz, Lodge, Ventura, Pfitzner

Under-18
F: Westbrook, Weger, Manners
HF: Roads, Michalanney, Haylock
C: Elfenbein, Enright, Woods
HB: M. Schwarz, Gameau, Blumson
B: Smith, Taheny, Holman

R: Baqeri, Gaffney, Minney
INT: Hall, Bottin, Dunstan
EMG: Turner, Seccafien, Thunig
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu May 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Think this will be the match of the round, will be less than a goal in it at the final siren. South for mine.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri May 02, 2014 9:32 am

I watched a bit of the South - Central game. I haven't seen a happier South side and they really played a well-structured game. Impressed with Fraser Dale, Eddy looks terrific and Keegan Brooksby monstered the Central rucks and did as he pleased.

Their worry would be their depth, but they're definitely on the right track.

The Eagles just look their usual solid, experienced combination and will be hard to beat.

I haven't got a clue who will win, but isn't it great to see a South v Eagles game attracting so much interest?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri May 02, 2014 9:42 am

Flip ...... Tails ... Eagles by 2 points
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri May 02, 2014 10:09 am

Really looking forward to this,we'll know where we are at after this one.Looks like the weather will fine up for Sunday too.
Really impressed with the way South are playing at the moment. They have picked up some recruits in Gulden,Dale and McLeod this year, who are not superstars but are just very solid footballers and give valuable contributions every week.
I think the real improvements though have come from 2 areas.
The development of second tier players such as Brooksby,Veide and Fields has been dramatic so far this year.Brooksby in my opinion has been BOG in 3 of the 4 games played this year, hes controlling the stoppages and giving noted on ballers Gotch, Cross and Liddle wonderful service.
Jake "darth" Veide has at last found his niche after looking lost for most of his tenure at South. Hes a defensive midfielder these days with a ferocious attack on the footy and the opposition- he looks like he entered the gym in October and locked the door behind him and didnt come out until March; hes a human wrecking ball with an unbeleivable aerobic capacity.
Tom Fields is the longest kick Ive seen in the SANFL since Noel Pettingill, he has a huge leg and uses it very well too, hes bulked up a bit too compared to the skinny kid who rolled up at the start of last year.
The second area is undoubtedly the Coach.
Bottom line is hes brought a modern day game plan to the club and sold it to the playing group and they have bought it.Hes a ripper fellow , a very very good communicator, a very good coach and for the first time in a long time the playing group believe.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 02, 2014 6:41 pm

The Eagles to inflict The Panther's first loss for the season only for the fact that they have to lose one sooner or later and maybe it will be later.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri May 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Good chance to spark up some rivalry for the Panthers as we have against Glenelg, a minority of South supporters are likely going to be fairly confident and dishing it out, yet WWT seem to know how to respond to that in quite a humorous manner!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri May 02, 2014 6:53 pm

South by 11
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun May 04, 2014 1:20 am

sapaul wrote:South by 11

Goals? jeez I hope so.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun May 04, 2014 7:23 pm

So it seemed like a pretty exciting finish to this game- I was watching the score on the app in the last quarter because I'd given up on the streaming. Very good return from Wundke with 6 goals and Macgregor seems to be pretty consistent. Any thoughts from anyone who saw it? My mum normally goes every week to the league and the 2 s but she's over here helping me look after the kids during my busy period at work and she's suffering serious withdrawal symptoms!!
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun May 04, 2014 7:36 pm

I saw the first half and it was a much poorer match than last week.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun May 04, 2014 8:20 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:So it seemed like a pretty exciting finish to this game- I was watching the score on the app in the last quarter because I'd given up on the streaming. Very good return from Wundke with 6 goals and Macgregor seems to be pretty consistent. Any thoughts from anyone who saw it? My mum normally goes every week to the league and the 2 s but she's over here helping me look after the kids during my busy period at work and she's suffering serious withdrawal symptoms!!

Eagles were woeful in the first half . They were running the Eagles off their feet . But they seemed to go sideways which gave the Eagles time to catch up !!
In the third Eagles lifted their intensity and got in front !!
Fourth quarter south got back into the game then the Eagles clawed their way back to the front!!
Wundke must have changed his name to "Fatty" that's what South fans were yelling at him !!! Call him what you will 6 goals is 6 goals !! And that last mark was mark of the year !!
Umpiring was a wee bit strange or is that different interpretations lmao
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun May 04, 2014 8:26 pm

UncleHuey wrote:
Go Eagles !!

I doubt it is because you win flags as you haven't exactly dominated the competition in the last decade (says the Bays supporter Very Happy ).

This should be a cracker of a game, I think South by less than 2 goals as I rate their midfield as just being better then the Eagles so far and Eddy has been outstanding for the Panthers.

I spoke to "Gods" pre game today for about half an hour !! And to answer your post and that of many others money doesn't come into coming to the eagles !!
Just think on that for awhile what have the eagles done for say the last decade or so on a regular basis that Glenelg or South and others haven't done regularly !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 04, 2014 8:34 pm

Wundke and " money doesn't come into it".

Sorry, don't buy that.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Sun May 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Read the article about Wundke in todays budget,might give people more of an idea why he came to the Eagles.Sure money is a factor but not everything.
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun May 04, 2014 9:10 pm

EagleRock wrote:Read the article about Wundke in todays budget,might give people more of an idea why he came to the Eagles.Sure money is a factor but not everything.

I would not believe everything the media want you to believe. !  scratch study 
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next