Ben W
scott
waddayamean
Paul
bayman
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

Round 2: South v Eagles - Sunday 3 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 2: South v Eagles - Sunday 3 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:14 pm

South (5th 1-0 52.80%) v Eagles (3rd 1-0 61.40%)
Sunday 3 April
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

South held off a fast finishing Glenelg, while the Eagles were never threatened by Sturt. Who will continue their perfect start to the season?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 2: South v Eagles - Sunday 3 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 2: South v Eagles - Sunday 3 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:26 pm

could they be playing for the Wundke, Ainger & Boyd cup in years to come ?

should be a beauty, the Eagles have more options up forward but i think at home South might pinch it, South by 2 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 2: South v Eagles - Sunday 3 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 2: South v Eagles - Sunday 3 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by blueandwhite Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:33 pm

This should be a very good game.
Most South supporters would love nothing better than sticking it up 3 certain players currently in the Eagles lineup. However the Eagles have a lot of very good players and South will find it tough Im fearing.
Having said that I think the Panthers can get the job done by 6 pts.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:27 pm

South
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:48 pm

EAGLES
Livewire Eagles forward Lachlan McGregor will miss Sunday’s game against South at Hickinbotham Oval on Sunday.
McGregor is expected to miss at least three weeks with a hamstring strain suffered against Sturt in Round 1 while midfielder Joe Sinor will be sidelined for a fortnight with an ankle ailment.
Emerging teenagers Jack Gaffney and Rhys Woods could make their IGA League debuts if they survive the cut from the Eagles’ extended interchange bench.
Both 19, Gaffney and Woods have been joined by in the 23-man Eagles squad by Sam Rowland and Jake Von Bertouch.
Utility Giles Ellis is the only certain omission at this stage.
Reliable half-back Phil Raymond will play his 100th SANFL IGA League match.

League
F: Petrenko, Wundke, Yarran
HF: Jarrad, Ainger, P. Raymond
C: Goldsworthy, Boyd, N. Hayes
HB: Allmond, Thompson, Poole
B: Von Bertouch, Giuffreda, Press

R: Redden, O’Brien, Hall
INT: Borholm, Gaffney, Rowland, Woods, Appleton
IN: Press, Gaffney, Woods, Von Bertouch, Rowland
OUT: Sinor (ankle), McGregor (hamstring), G. Ellis

Reserves
F: L. Hayes, Whittlesea, Comitogianni
HF: Summerton, Firns, Georgeson
C: B. Ellis, G. Ellis, Jolly
HB: Elsworthy, J. Hayes, Batley
B: M. Raymond, Heinjus, Raikiwasa
R: C. Giles, Lewis, Westbrook
INT: Baqeri

mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Be nice to see South open the season with a pair of wins. I think Eagles may have too much depth around the ground and the forward line looks stronger then the Panthers. Eagles by 12 points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by William Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:17 pm

Looks like the match of the round to me, I will say the eagles by 10 points, Should be interesting to see if there can be a good crowd on Sunday to back up from last week?
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:58 pm

Clearly the Eagles would have to be favorites to win this, yet if South Adelaide are going to take the step up and be competitive in the SANFL and have a shot at playing in the weeks that matter, then we have to stand up and win matches like this at home.

South by 24pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:28 pm

A great win for the club today..
After conceding the first 4 goals of the game to the Eagles, 2-3 from very dubious free kicks at point blank range, South controlled the rest of the game from the 20 minute mark of the first quarter . It was South 3.4 - WWT 5.1 at quarter time. After that time and a severe bake from Coach Gotch the Panthers kicked 11.8 to WWT 2.1 for the rest of the game, to run out comfortable winners by 43 pts.
Souths best were Liddell, Daniel and Haren but it was really a great all round team effort and a great result after such an ordinary start. I also though Bass was exceptional at the stoppages; and Cross was good despite being thrown to the ground off the ball at many stoppages.
For the Eagles Boyd was his busy self as usual particularly in the first half until Seccull put the clamps on him. Ainger and Wundke were soundly beaten despite Wundke managing the first 3 goals of the game. Wundke left the game after his troublesome groin flared up again. I wonder if its the same recurring injury he had when he left South a few years ago????? Redden is not fit and his knee problems are far from over Id suggest.

Bring on the bloods..Go Yeohs..!! Smile
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Bass was brilliant today - shouldered most of the ruck against Borholm and Redden. Overall the ruck tap outs favoured the Eagles but Bass had just as many taps to advantage as the entire Eagles' team.

Our tackling pressure was brilliant today as was last week. Two rounds in and we've had 147 tackles to our opposition's 106.
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:49 pm

South Adelaide 14:12 96
def
Woodvllle West Torrens 8:5 53

So so good to see the lads step up and win this one today, a huge effort to win and win it well. Good to see lads that want to play for the Blue and White doing our jumper proud!

Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Big win for South, well done.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by William Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:52 am

Thought South played very well, but also thought the Eagles basic skills were poor, Also think Emmanuel Irra has improved a lot after watching the first two games of the season.
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:49 pm

William wrote:Thought South played very well, but also thought the Eagles basic skills were poor, Also think Emmanuel Irra has improved a lot after watching the first two games of the season.  
Agree William, he had a very good game against the Bays. He is strongly built with a bit of pace and his disposal and understanding of the game is markedly better then last year.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:00 pm

Seeing I've calmed down Eagles were totally crap out played by a far better side .
I do have issues with the umpires which didn't affect the win overall
Think some of those three umpires should be dropped .
Two players grab an Eagles player one arm held can't release the ball it's holding the ball . Same umpire two eagles players do the same to a south player it's s ball up . Either pay it both ways or not
But saying all that Eagles were out played
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:24 pm

mickyj wrote:Seeing I've calmed down Eagles were totally crap out played by a far better side .
I do have issues with the umpires which didn't affect the win overall
Think some of those three umpires should be dropped .
Two players grab an Eagles player one arm held can't release the ball it's holding the ball . Same umpire two eagles players do the same to a south player it's s ball up . Either pay it both ways or not
But saying all that Eagles were out played

Hate to say this but I agree with you...I thought generally the umpiring was atrocious, but had little bearing on the match. The first time Ive seen an sanfl match this year with the new rules and interpretations. I thought the OOB rule worked pretty well, and I think the players have adapted to it well also. It certainly rewards the side that uses the middle of the ground and also applies plenty of pressure-pushing the opposition wide.
Unfortunately the holding the ball rule is still very much up to the umpires interpretation, and while we have that with the calibre of umpires we have currently, there will always be difficulties.

Overall I thought South applied a lot of pressure to the Eagles which forced a lot of errors and after the first 15 mins their delivery to their forwards suffered accordingly.
My first look at Irra this year...he progressed a lot in the 2nd half of last year i thought, but I agree he has gone to another level this season. He is fast and very strongly built and seems to brush aside a tackle pretty easily. Hes done well for someone who had not even seen a footy game 7 years ago.

I was very impressed with South though; they barely had a passenger and even though Cross was below his best, there were plenty to take up the challenge. Theres a bloke called Liddell who played his best game for 12 months- he is a dead set gun. Veide seems to be enjoying his role on the wing, and I thought Eddy. Haren and Overall are beginning to look like a pretty potent forward line too.Bass was also excellent.
Just hope we can keep on a roll, we have a lot of home matches in the first half of the season, so the second half of the year maybe difficult. Unlike last year i hope our boys can stay fit and on the park; had we had a full compliment of players in the last 6 weeks of the year I really think we would have made the top 3.
meanwhile us rusted on old southies will continue to dare to dream...
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by William Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:14 pm

Thought the umpiring of the holding the ball rule has been terrible to start the season, there doesn't seem to be any consistency from quarter to quarter, prime example good Friday at Noarlunga very hot on holding the ball in the first quarter, then rule seemed to be relaxed. I think there needed to be a change from the way holding the ball was payed last year, but this may have gone to far.
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down