Southee
Paul
Ben W
Scrunch
Brucetiki
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 3: Eagles v Norwood - Sunday 19 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 3: Eagles v Norwood - Sunday 19 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:55 pm

The Eagles fell away to a shock loss over West last week, while Norwood continued their brilliant form with a solid win over Centrals. Will the Eagles bounce back, or will Norwood make it 3 from 3?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Eagles v Norwood - Sunday 19 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Eagles v Norwood - Sunday 19 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Norwood comfortably
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Eagles v Norwood - Sunday 19 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Eagles v Norwood - Sunday 19 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Lee Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:12 am

While Norwood should win, it would be a mistake to write off the Eagles. They lost a high quality game against West and looked like winning comfortably at one stage.

Their problem will be in the ruck, where Baulderstone will have a picnic unless Thurlow is available.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:39 am

In 2014 Norwood won the Premiership
In 2014 Eagles were undefeated against Norwood
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:02 am

Yes Eagles always go well against Norwood. Last season at Woodville Baulderstone had one of his worst games for the season - If that happens again the Legs will be in trouble.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Hardest match of the round to pick. Despite last weeks results its still pretty early in the season to get a feel for where they at. I am picking Norwood only on the reasoning that they are last seasons premiers. Norwood by 6pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Norwood by 40
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:07 pm

Norwood by 4 goals.

Eagles too unfit IMO.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:31 pm

Norwood in a close one, 14 pts.
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Probably Norwood, but if there's to be an upset, then this is the most likely.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:58 pm

Massive result for the Eagles. I posted that they were pretty good against West in defeat, but this surely is a 'one-off' result.

Good for the comp?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Lee wrote:Massive result for the Eagles. I posted that they were pretty good against West in defeat, but this surely is a 'one-off' result.

Good for the comp?
I saw both games totally different team this week . The return of the Pup was a major bonus .
Not a bad score line either seeing the big name forwards didn't do a lot .

Mind u number 3 for Norwood helped the Eagles how do u miss from the square What a Face
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Well well well who would have thought.The legs playing defensive again but forgot to tell the EAGLES TO DO THE SAME.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:12 pm

mickyj wrote: how do u miss from the square What a Face

it has happened before, the most imfamous one in this state would be Andrew Jarmans' miss for the Crows in a preliminary final
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Mickyj,
without seeing the match & without taking anything away from the Eagles do you think Norwood looked like a team thinking about Port & not respecting the Eagles or were they just ordinary & beaten by a lot lot better team on the day ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Scrappy wrote:In 2014 Norwood won the Premiership

In 2015 Eagles are undefeated against Norwood
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:03 pm

Scrappy wrote:
Scrappy wrote:In 2014 Norwood won the Premiership

In 2015 Eagles are undefeated against Norwood

So true
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:11 pm

bayman wrote:Mickyj,
         without seeing the match & without taking anything away from the Eagles do you think Norwood looked like a team thinking about Port & not respecting the Eagles or were they just ordinary & beaten by a lot lot better team on the day ?

I think they may not have respected the eagles .
More likely their game plan was stuffed cause the Eagles left the 50 open and just played Macgregor up there .Even with two taller opponents he was out marking them .And the eagles not looking or going to goal through the big name tall forwards .

And the inclusion of PUP he lifted that side . His pace his attack inspired what was an insipid team last week .Ask the norwood backman who chased him into the goal line but couldnt stop him from goaling. He patted him on the back after kicking the goal .
And Shwarz maligned online by Eagles fans on another footy site , what a gritty game he played .

Pace where in the name of whoever is up there did the eagles find pace in a week , or was that due to norwoods lack of pressure
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:39 pm

thanks mate
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:44 pm

bayman wrote:thanks mate

no worries bayman im still in shock
Thats three straight wins in a row against norwood
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:59 pm

It was delightful to follow this one online from afar. Perhaps now that the coach has been re-signed they can all focus on their footy!! Razz
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:23 am

Would have been great for Eagles supporters to have been there to see that happen, well done!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:30 am

Looks like a pretty fair endorsement of the coaching reappointment by the players.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:49 am

Godden was well worth his salt yesterday. Planned and executed to perfection.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:08 am

Scrunch your previous comment about Norwood having a pace problem certainly looks evident from the Recovery Session highlights. I guess all sides look slow when they're getting belted, but some guys, like Bode, were really plodding.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next