Round 4: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 22 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

+4
bayman
PhilH
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
8 posters

Go down

Round 4: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 22 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 4: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 22 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Eagles v Glenelg
Sunday 22 April
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

The Eagles kicked 2 goals last week - and drew! Meanwhile Glenelg were a bit more high scoring in their win over Norwood. Will the Eagles kick a few more goals this week, or will Glenelg continue their good form?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 22 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 22 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:53 pm

My money is on the Eagles scoring more then 2 goals. If the Bays can hold them to 2 goals they will not only win, I will shout everyone a beer. Round 4: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 22 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 4056091176

Hard to pick the Bays here, last couple of weeks have been impressive but beating the eagles at home is always tough. Eagles by 12 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 22 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 22 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:05 pm

As I'm an Eagles fan I hope the Eagles win
We may see Stephen Rowes boy make his league debut tomorrow
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:33 pm

mickyj wrote:As I'm an Eagles fan I hope the Eagles win

Who's he playing for tomorrow?

I'm calling this game so I hope he makes his debut on Sunday, mickyj.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:40 pm

Big Phil wrote:

The eagles of course
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:12 am

Round 4: Eagles v Glenelg - Sunday 22 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Rd_4_e10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:35 am

Big Phil wrote:

If i'm reading that correctly its a bit disrespectful and unprofessional from a broadcaster. James Rowe named in the squad.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:54 am

goddy11 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

If i'm reading that correctly its a bit disrespectful and unprofessional from a broadcaster. James Rowe named in the squad.

Coming out of exile to give the reason of BP's post & you both have missed it..........the game is Sunday & Mickyj's post suggests it is Saturday, i got it so it can't be that hard to work out...back to being in exile
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:57 pm

oops. I re read it. My bad. Just a sensitive Eagles fan. Sorry BP.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:21 pm

I stuffed up again bummer

Only did it here not at the Eagles nest
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:28 pm

[quote="goddy11"]
Big Phil wrote:

If i'm reading that correctly its a bit disrespectful and unprofessional from a broadcaster

Last edited by mickyj on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Absolute rubbish, he does not, you bring most of it onto yourself & it has nothing to do with your head knock either, I could go on but it isn’t worth it really, however I’d suggest any of the gigs he does would not have a problem with what he posts, some he posts with accurate assessments & knowledge, others like this he replies to with some humour, had you understood your mistake you would have laughed like I did
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:56 pm

bayman wrote:Absolute rubbish, he does not,  you bring most of it onto yourself & it has nothing to do with your head knock either, I could go on but it isn’t worth it really, however I’d suggest any of the gigs he does would not have a problem with what he posts, some he posts with accurate assessments & knowledge, others like this he replies to with some humour, had you understood your mistake you would have laughed like I did

Ok seeing I'm wrong I removed it .
Just as long as you understand firstly I do have issues with sarcastic posts about me . All good it's removed this does lead to issues on Facebook I'd just block idiotivlc sarcastic posts about me .
So you know
your tax dollars and big Phil's tax dollars pay for me to live . Of course I get into sanfl games much cheaper membership is cheaper your tax money spent well .
And yes the federal government does accept im disabled not fully but enough to impact me ever working fully .
So sarcastic posts on me away end of day I still watch sanfl footy live
Not stuck to hearing Radio broadcasting much better at the games
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:57 pm

I didn't mean anything by it, other than to advise micky it is tomorrow.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:21 pm

On another issue, does anyone know why the U16 and U18 are playing tomorrow. I hope I'm right. To me it would be an opportunity to minimise resources and bump the crowd up at the seniors game. Get the juniors to see how it is done.
goddy11
goddy11

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:33 pm

goddy11 wrote:On another issue, does anyone know why the U16 and U18 are playing tomorrow. I hope I'm right. To me it would be an opportunity to minimise resources and bump the crowd up at the seniors game. Get the juniors to see how it is done.

Last week the Eagles email mentioned the juniors game time ect .
This week just the teams juniors and seniors
Before anyone picks me on this reply sorry no idea . But my understanding the Eagles are not the only Juniors playing Sunday besides Glenelg .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:25 pm

A great win today by an undermanned Eagle's side.
Jimmy Rowe first gamer 18 y o 27 possessions not a bad
Start
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:53 pm

I worked out one of Goddens game plans today
Jarrad Redden would start at Full Forward at the start of the quarters
Irrespective of the scoreline, Jarrad Redden would come to the Interchange, at about the 4 to 4 and a half minute mark each quarter

It worked today !
But do the Eagles really need Jarrad starting at full forward?
With Nick Hayes, Jack Hayes and Jack Lukosius why wouldnt one of them start at full forward ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Scrappy wrote:I worked out one of Goddens game plans today
Jarrad Redden would start at Full Forward at the start of the quarters
Irrespective of the scoreline, Jarrad Redden would come to the Interchange, at about the 4 to 4 and a half minute mark each quarter

It worked today !
But do the Eagles really need Jarrad starting at full forward?
With Nick Hayes, Jack Hayes and Jack Lukosius why wouldnt one of them start at full forward ?

Funny you say that previous rounds he hasn't he's been on the bench
But he kicked goals
As did Hayes and Lukosius
And little Johanson did the eagle who went to Port then Glenelg then back to the Eagles 4 goals .

Scrappy if your working out game plans why do Port and Glenelg Play the same game plan ok Port went more defensive.
But basically every one runs into their backline then sprints to their forward line.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:24 pm

Some teams have extra numbers back in defence, hence the need for opposition teams to run it out
Woodville West Torrens do it, basically , as did the teams that have won 5 of the last 6 SANFL Grand finals

Today I noticed that Woodville West Torrens used another game plan
Might be wrong, but did they start off with 6 players in defence at the start of each quarter today?
Following the first goal of each quarter, I reckon they then played a 8 man defence when the next centre bounce took place

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:01 am

Scrappy wrote:Some teams have extra numbers back in defence, hence the need for opposition teams to run it out
Woodville West Torrens do it, basically , as did the teams that have won 5 of the last 6 SANFL Grand finals

Today I noticed that Woodville West Torrens used another game plan
Might be wrong, but did they start off with 6 players in defence at the start of each quarter today?
Following the first goal of each quarter, I reckon they then played a 8 man defence  when the next centre bounce took place

Not wrong normally Boyd does start down there as a loose player .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum