Admin
PhilH
UncleHuey
blueandwhite
bayman
Brucetiki
11 posters

Go down

Round 3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:40 pm

Eagles (5th 1-1 49.38%) v Adelaide (1st 2-0 64.77%)
Sunday 10 April
Vaughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

League: 2:10pm

The Eagles had a somewhat surprising loss to South, while Adelaide made it 2 from 2 over Port on the weekend. Will the Eagles bounce back, or will the Crows make it 3 from 3.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:58 pm

Adelaide by 5 or 6 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:30 am

Honestly if the Eagles play like against south
Adelaide by 100
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by William Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Hope for an improved performance by the Eagles, also hopeful Adelaide won't have 20 AFL players in their side
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:27 pm

Well at this stage the Crows still only have the two injuries on their AFL list (one being a rookie) so expect to see another 20 AFL-listed players front up.

Not unbeatable, but a bloody hard prospect.

Eagles were awful last week. Their defensive pressure was woeful at times and allowed South easy use of the corridor too often.

Wundke and Boyd injured and likely to miss this week to add to McGregor and Sinor. Not looking good for them.

Crows by 45
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:39 pm

scott wrote:Well at this stage the Crows still only have the two injuries on their AFL list (one being a rookie) so expect to see another 20 AFL-listed players front up.

Not unbeatable, but a bloody hard prospect.

Eagles were awful last week. Their defensive pressure was woeful at times and allowed South easy use of the corridor too often.

Wundke and Boyd injured and likely to miss this week to add to McGregor and Sinor. Not looking good for them.

Crows by 45

Ill give you the wundke injury two to three weeks
Boyd is down for a test
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:40 pm

Adelaide Crows will eventually pull back due to injuries and availability of players, yet they still look like a pretty strong unit this week. Crows by 60pts+.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:07 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens has been dealt a major blow with star forward Michael Wundke ruled out of Sunday’s clash with Adelaide due to a groin injury.
The triple Ken Farmer Medallist failed to pass a fitness test after hurting himself during the second term of the Eagles’ Round 2 loss to South at Hickinbotham Oval.
As a result, Tom Whittlesea looms as his direct replacement for the match against the unbeaten Crows at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval.
Whittlesea has been joined in the 23-man squad by possible debutants Jack Gaffney and Rhys Woods, who were cut from the final squad last weekend.
Midfielder Angus Poole and former Power ruckman Jarrad Redden will play their 50th IGA League match.

League
F: Boyd, Borholm, Yarran
HF: N. Hayes, Ainger, Rowland
C: Hall, Petrenko, Jarrad
HB: Allmond, Von Bertouch, Goldsworthy
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Redden, O’Brien, Poole
INT: Press, J. Gaffney, Whittlesea, Woods, Appleton
IN: Whittlesea, J. Gaffney, Woods
OUT: Wundke (groin)
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:46 pm

adelaide by 11 goals
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Adelaide are at full strength so I think they will win by 9 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:03 am

Round 3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 2016_h11
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:07 am

Or from Crows perspective

Round 3: Eagles v Adelaide - Sunday 10 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Crows_10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by William Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:16 am

I would hope the skill level from the Eagles is of a higher standard this week otherwise it will be another long day, We did beat the Crows last year when they were going pretty well, I will tip the eagles by 5 points.
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:53 am

I hope the Eagles win I'm not certain

But I think PHILH has done a fantastic job on this Footy site .
Nice to see we are talking about the game
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Ok Tom Lynch isn't playing today he's flown home family issues
Any clue who is going up
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Ok Riley knight is playing AFL tomorrow
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:21 am

Broadcast on 107.9 Life FM.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Adelaide 14:12 96
def
Woodville 8:5 53

No real surprises there.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:55 pm

While the result was exactly the same as last week, the effort by the team was much better this week. Save for the last 10-15 minutes of the when the kind of fitness base and skills you'd expect from an AFL side took over, we hung in there. In fact, during the second quarter when Adelaide actually looked like spectators during a 5 goal burst...one sensed something...but I suspected the Crows were pacing themselves.

Adelaide have now won 9 out of the last 10 matches with an average winning margin of 57 points.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by William Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:03 am

Looking at the stats on the SANFL website, the eagles had 83 more handballs then kicks.
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:05 pm

William wrote:Looking at the stats on the SANFL website, the eagles had 83 more handballs then kicks.

Eagles certainly used a running game worked for a great deal of time
Crows only got over the top totally in the last term
Crows have issues yep too good for the eagles
Crows talks looked below SANFL standard certain crows players did as well dropping simple chest marks ,
Eagles had issues hand balling in the backline that was a major ball turn over to often
And Jarrads long kicking out of bounds is out of date now
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:37 pm

Handballs
Eagles 256 - 147 Adelaide

Handballs - D50
Eagles 47 - 19 Adelaide
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by William Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:23 pm

mickyj wrote:
William wrote:Looking at the stats on the SANFL website, the eagles had 83 more handballs then kicks.

Crows talks looked below SANFL standard certain crows players did as well dropping simple chest marks ,
Eagles had issues hand balling in the backline that was a major ball turn over to often

The skill level come out of defence is still questionable, this is not helped on a number of occasion having no players up the field to kick to, this may have lead the high handpass count as well as Michael Wundke being out of the side.
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:17 pm

William wrote:
mickyj wrote:

The skill level come out of defence is still questionable, this is not helped on a number of occasion having no players up the field to kick to, this may have lead the high handpass count as well as Michael Wundke being out of the side.  

Wundke not being there seemed to free up Ainger who seemed to crash more packs and feed the likes of Yarrin
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum