Round 3: South v Sturt - Sunday 19 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

+4
Southee
Paul
Ben W
Brucetiki
8 posters

Go down

Round 3: South v Sturt - Sunday 19 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 3: South v Sturt - Sunday 19 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Both South and Sturt have split their results for season 2015 so far.  Which side will notch up their second win of the season.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3: South v Sturt - Sunday 19 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 3: South v Sturt - Sunday 19 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:31 pm

South in a close one
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 3: South v Sturt - Sunday 19 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 3: South v Sturt - Sunday 19 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Ben W Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Will go with South only because its our home game, I would tip Sturt if it were at Unley, but I think we can jag the win at home. South by 14pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:37 pm

South by 37
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:06 pm

Tough one hey ??

Heart says South....mind says Sturt.

Think the boys will come out firing so I will say - South by 12 points.

if not, Houston...we have a problem !!!

Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:27 pm

Sturt by plenty, South hardly win @ home !
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:01 pm

surely the main man Rolfe will be in this week ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:49 am

bayman wrote:surely the main man Rolfe will be in this week ?

I doubt it, looked very very sore after the reserves game last week... Mad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Sturt for me, narrowly.

I think the cards aren't falling South's way just yet.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:42 pm

one thing that must be said after watching todays game is & you can quote me on it ''just throw the ball up''
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Yes, very difficult for the umps to get a straight bounce with such a strong wind, too.

Thought South's midfield was a lot better than Sturt's. Also thought South's lesser lights contributed more than their Sturt counterparts.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:07 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:surely the main man Rolfe will be in this week ?

I doubt it, looked very very sore after the reserves game last week... Mad

must have recovered beautifully from last week, wasn't a star today but as always does some useful things
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:09 pm

interesting to see what a ''tagger'' can get away with & while not in the rules i can understand why a senior opposition player was doing what he was doing at stoppages
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:21 pm

bayman wrote:interesting to see what a ''tagger'' can get away with & while not in the rules i can understand why a senior opposition player was doing what he was doing at stoppages

All within the rules and had to be done today.

Critical to our win IMO today . cheers
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Southee wrote:
bayman wrote:interesting to see what a ''tagger'' can get away with & while not in the rules i can understand why a senior opposition player was doing what he was doing at stoppages

maybe, maybe not, anyway do you think what was ''happening'' to the tagger in the rules ?

ps, i didn't name names or teams...you gave it away Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Well it's in the South v Sturt game forum so we can say we know the teams.

Players I think we know that Wink

By the disapproval from supporters ...
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Southee wrote:Well it's in the South v Sturt game forum so we can say we know the teams.

Players I think we know that Wink

By the disapproval from supporters ...

with ''teams'' i was meaning which player from which team was doing the tagging & the other ''stuff''

anyway i'll clear it up Veide was tagging & at stoppages Coad was running ''into'' him as a square up, block or whatever else you want to call it, whether Veide was in the rules or not is up for debate, what Coad was doing was against the rules because he was player watching with intent & not ball watching
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:14 pm

bayman wrote:
Southee wrote:

maybe, maybe not, anyway do you think what was ''happening'' to the tagger in the rules ?

ps, i didn't name names or teams...you gave it away Wink

personally i thought it was worth the admission money to watch the matchup of those two players you are talking about. "The tagger" has done a great job on "the tagee" in the past; clearly "the tagees" team did their homework; and were desperately trying to "pick off" "the tagger" at stoppages in the first half especially.I thought "the tagee" got a fair bit of the ball -20+ ,but many of his possessions were ineffective.
Difference between the two sides today.......?......Joel Cross. Twisted Evil

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Joel cross was amazing today !

Veide did a superb job a kirkwood who did not like the attention. Coad was just a frustrated footballer as he could see Veide comprehensively beat Kirkwood today and tried to do something about it which he failed in doing so ....
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:45 pm

in my opinion Veide was borderline in some tactics adopted so no problems there, Coad on the other hand while i understand but don't condone what he was doing, i think he went way over the top, as soon as a player isn't watching the ball & has eyes only for the opponent to hurt him is wrong & in fact sniperish.....i thought Beard was best in a losing team
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Agree Bayman with your above sediments .

Not sure how Coad got away with it.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:31 am

Good start for South, two wins from three, lets hope we keep this mometum building!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:53 am

I think the difference was that with Kirkwood ineffective, South's other midfielders were far better than Sturt's group.

Sturt also had a few players who were rarely sighted.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down