Round 8: South v Eagles - Saturday 26 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

5 posters

Go down

Round 8: South v Eagles - Saturday 26 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 8: South v Eagles - Saturday 26 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 21, 2018 9:21 pm

South v Eagles
Saturday 26 May
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

South ended North's winning streak last week, while the Eagles continued their losing streak against Norwood. Will South keep their good form going at home, or will the Eagles bounce back?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 8: South v Eagles - Saturday 26 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 8: South v Eagles - Saturday 26 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by mickyj Thu May 24, 2018 6:01 pm

League

The Eagles have made three forced changes for their contest against South on Saturday.

AFL draft prospect Jack Lukosius is unavailable due to McDonald’s SA Under-18 team selection while ruckman Jordan West (knee) and midfielder Jack Firns (shoulder) have succumbed to injury.

First-choice ruck Marc Borholm returns to the 21-man line-up while Magpies recruit Tom Gray and utility Jackson Lee are both named on the interchange bench.

F: Lewis, N. Hayes, Boyd

HF: Rowland, J. Hayes, Haylock

C: Hall, Stewart, J. Gaffney

HB: Westbrook, Thompson, Goldsworthy

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Poole

R: Redden, Sharrad, Johansen

INT: Gray, Borholm, Lee

IN: Gray, Borholm, Lee

OUT: Lukosius (McDonald’s SA U18), West (knee), Firns (shoulder)

Reserves
McLeod, Cook, Hawkins, Rowe, Minney, Weidemann, Comitogianni, Schmusch, X.Redden, Martin, C. Gaffney, Miller, Moore, Guilhaus, Heinjus, W. McPherson, Petrenko, Woods, Smith, Wehr, Sibley.

Under-18
F: Pratico, Coff, Thompson
HF: Friend, Armfield, Beecken
C: Burgoyne, Bailey, Pudney
HB: Mead. R. Bruce, Hawkins
B: Brill, McNeilly, Tape

R: Michael, Miller, McNeil
INT: Braun, Carter, Dorizzi, Francis, Nicholas, Pearce, Williams
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Round 8: South v Eagles - Saturday 26 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 8: South v Eagles - Saturday 26 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by UncleHuey Fri May 25, 2018 1:37 pm

On paper you would have to say the Eagles but I have a hunch that South might sneak a close win here. For some reason WWT aren't gelling this year and if South reproduce what they showed against North they will come home with the choccys.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri May 25, 2018 1:48 pm

UncleHuey wrote:On paper you would have to say the Eagles but I have a hunch that South might sneak a close win here. For some reason WWT aren't gelling this year and if South reproduce what they showed against North they will come home with the choccys.
Or if you look at the 2018 record North did to the Eagles what Norwood did . But the game between those two was Sturt . For some reason the eagles managed to beat the reigning premier but couldn't gell against North and Norwood .
You could he right uncle Huey but I hope your not .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat May 26, 2018 6:29 am

Round 8: South v Eagles - Saturday 26 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Rd_8_s11
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat May 26, 2018 12:39 pm

Panthers to continue their excellent record at home in the last 3 years and win this one by 21 pts.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat May 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Well done Eagles
Third quarter won the game kicking 6 goals
Sharrads goal to the northern end it was described as a
Reverse helicopter kick that went straight . Was a game winner . Some Eagles players put in the hard tackles bumps that seemed to rattle South.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun May 27, 2018 8:28 am

UncleHuey wrote:On paper you would have to say the Eagles but I have a hunch that South might sneak a close win here. For some reason WWT aren't gelling this year and if South reproduce what they showed against North they will come home with the choccys.
UncleHuey
It's Sunday before I head out. I'll be honest here by half time I was thinking I'll be leaving at 3/4 tune . Not sure what Gods said at 1/2 time the Eagles may have gelled . Or they took some angry pills same players different attitude .
Whatever it was it stopped an all fast running South in their tracks .
I for one wouldn't want to take a hip and shoulder from Sharrad let alone a Redden tsckle.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon May 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Sounds like the "pull the finger out" half time blast was effective.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon May 28, 2018 1:32 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Sounds like the "pull the finger out" half time blast was effective.
Something changed in the Eagles Players uncle Huey that's for sure
Wasn't just the heavy hits on South players
Redden went down we thought oh no serious injury
Nope winded but it woke something up in him

But Gods mustve said something that worked
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down