+5
UncleHuey
Scrunch
First 21
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 16: South v Eagles - Saturday 12 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 16: South v Eagles - Saturday 12 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:15 pm

South v Eagles
Saturday 12 August
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

It's Mick Godden's turn to coach from the back of a truck this week. Will the Eagles inflict more misery on South or will South cause a boilover?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 16: South v Eagles - Saturday 12 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 16: South v Eagles - Saturday 12 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:20 pm

what does the ''back of a truck'' quip mean ?

the wheels have fallen off South since last time they played, that day the Eagles were very very lucky to win giving the ground announcer the cheek to say ''never in doubt'' however not even that will spur South on, the Eagles will win comfortably by 47 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 16: South v Eagles - Saturday 12 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 16: South v Eagles - Saturday 12 August @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:22 pm

bayman wrote:what does the ''back of a truck'' quip mean ?

the wheels have fallen off South since last time they played, that day the Eagles were very very lucky to win giving the ground announcer the cheek to say ''never in doubt'' however not even that will spur South on, the Eagles will win comfortably by 47 points

You seen the new visitors coaches 'box' at Noarlunga? Laughing

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:23 pm

obviously not...i'll check next time i'm there & thanks Brucetiki
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:30 pm

bayman wrote:obviously not...i'll check next time i'm there & thanks Brucetiki

IIRC
Gods almost sat on the back of a truck or ute at a night game there
Or he did sit in one
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:32 pm

[/b]Ok seeing when I post certain members either can't read what I have written. Or just can not understand English .[/b]

After looking at the updated Eagles injury list the eagles may get back a big list of injured league players .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:42 pm

Mickyj, surely they would have a run in the twos first though ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:48 pm

The Eagles can happily afford to rest some blokes that need resting and bring blokes back through the 2s or not or whatever they want.

Although I guess with only a few games left you don't want to lose momentum leading into finals either.

With South's recent form which has not been great, I suppose they have that luxury.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:50 pm

bayman wrote:Mickyj, surely they would have a run in the twos first though ?

Wundke and Prechentko ( spelling sorry ) didn't they came back in against Norwood

Personally I think they should have come back in the seconds either one or both
All the others perhaps should be in the seconds .

There is some talk amongst my eagles footy friends just talk we can't prove any of this .
Has Gods and coaching staff been resting players on top of the ladder with games in hand could they have been resting players .
Why think this injuries to key players in the last two GFs
As I say just talk
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:57 pm

First 21 wrote:Sub 1000 crowd ?

With the Esgles being an absolute certain for the flag ,Godden is well aware and resting some.

Don't you rate the Power reserves, Norwood or Sturt & to a lessor extent Glenelg ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:02 pm

First 21 wrote:Yes but not ahead of The Eagles obviously.

fair enough, i said at the start of the year that the Power reserves top & daylight second & i'll stick to that, i also think they'll be better balanced in the finals than they are now when they have to cut listed players as to me they have too many tallish players......however time will tell
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 pm

LEAGUE
IN – HEINJUS, POOLE, WOODS
OUT – ALLMOND (SHOULDER)
Round 16: South v Eagles - Saturday 12 August @ Hickinbotham Oval Rd-16-League-Team-Lineup-1024x852
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:10 am

Expect an improved showing from the Panthers, will tip the Eagles by 12 points but a boilover wouldn't surprise
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:16 pm

Panthers have been very disappointing recently and the Eagles are getting back to full strength. Eagles by 5 goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:29 pm

well..I have to say I saw one of the most remarkable games of SANFL I've seen ...
WWT kicked with the aid of the breeze in the first quarter and had their first goal on the board within 30 secs of the opening bounce. At qtr time they led by 4 goals to 1 and kicked the first goal of the second quarter after a shocking South turnover. It was beginning to look a bit grim for South fans.
What happened next was.. well, just amazing. From this point in the second quarter South added 10.6 before Halftime.In fact they kicked 20 of the remaining 25 goals of the game. Souths best were IMO opinion Schwartz, Haines, Davis- 5 goals,Liddle Fields and Cross.
A great team win against a team we are very keen to beat; well done lads- but maybe some poor performances earlier in the year are certainly going to hurt us over the next few weeks..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:01 pm

What's been the catylist of the turnaround blueandwhite ?

Also blueandwhite what did the ground announcer say at the end of the match?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:39 pm

bayman wrote:What's been the catylist of the turnaround blueandwhite ?

Also blueandwhite what did the ground announcer say at the end of the match?

not sure why the form reversal... looked a completely different side to the side of the past 2 months... played as a team with plenty of confidence, and applied a lot of pressure to the eagles midfield and defence. It was a pretty spiteful game too, with the eagles becoming frustrated, I think there was 1 report but there probably should have been quite a few more.
No didnt hear any remarks from the ground announcer belittling the vistors..... we have a little bit more class than that down at Noarlunga... Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:40 am

The ground announcer quip was tongue in cheek given what happened at Woodville earlier in the year (doesn't seem that long ago that I was there), all ground announcers bar one has shown respect to the opposition over the years at the matches I've attended
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:49 am

South were far the better side
Eagles were absolutely crap
I do wonder how many south fans actually saw the game at Woodville . South changed its game plan or style slightly yesterday .
Nothing taken away from south they were the better team
Ground announcers not certain what bayman is saying yes I have been embarrassed by the one at Woodville but one at south was either changed or told to tone down his comments years ago your south Adelaide panthers over and over comes to mind
Coaches sitting in the back of trucks
Bayman u think asked what people were talking about earlier . Was that the white truck parked next to the players race looked like a visitor coaches box
Nothing taken away from south far better team
Eagles need to play two rucks
Eagles need to play better midfielders
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Seriously, WTF did I just witness yesterday afternoon ???

Many Panther supporters looking at each other in disbelief !! I am still shocked.

Suddenly we are observers to attacking, direct, fierce football. Winning the centre breaks and getting it up forward to a target - Abe Davis (this is what we want from you !!!)

A clinical and perfect game in all accounts. Finished the Eagles off and embarrassed them.  Thought the Eagles looked arrogant and did not show much respect for South yesterday. If that's the way they will head into finals they are in big trouble IMO.

All played well - stand outs, Crossy, Lids, Gulden, Schwartz, Haines, Fields. I could name more.

The big question for me is - why could we not produce this though out the year ?? What changed ?? I am still scratching my head.

Can we win the last 2 games and the Bays drop one of theirs ?? In the footy gods hands now.....fingers crossed !!!

Good to hear the South announcer have a bit more respect and class the the last time we played the Eagles at Woodville with their snipping comment at the end of the game.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum