Round 9: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

+3
Southee
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 9: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 9: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:25 pm

Eagles v South
Saturday 10 June
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 12:00pm
League: 2:40pm

The Eagles scraped over the line against North, while South were smacked by Port. Will the Eagles continue South's recent woes, or will South bounce back?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 9: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:28 pm

The wheels have fallen off South the last two weeks, I can't see how they can turn it around, Eagles by 6 or 7 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 9: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Southee Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Reckon we will be back with a vengeance !

South by 3 goals and season back on track.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:33 am

Game time I've seen it at 2.40
I've sent the club a message have the times changed
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:50 am

Ok no it's 2.40
TV game
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:30 pm

Round 9: Eagles v South - Saturday 10 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Rd-9-League-Team-Lineup-1024x852
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Like to see South have a win but I think the Eagles will prevail in a close one.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Well I'm hoping the Eagles win
Pup back better mid field
And if West plays over 200 cm second ruck to help Bomber both can rest up forward .
Leaves young Hayes to be at CHF
Go Eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:01 pm

I was there for both games
How did my eagles win I still can't work it out
South was all over the Eagles
Eagles down the pup 20 seconds into the game
Yet the Eagles came back
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Eagles over the line with a bit of help from the men in green in the last 1/4.

Shattering and frustrating to watch !
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Southee wrote:Eagles over the line with a bit of help from the men in green in the last 1/4.

Shattering and frustrating to watch !

Umpires favoured south the majority of the game
South were the far better side except kicking straight and winning against an undermanned Eagles who lost pup at the 20 second mark of term 1
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Well if you think the umps favoured South most of the game you had it all your way at the critical moments of the last 1/4.
It was a woeful display the last 10 minutes of the game.
South had Tom Fields and Brede Seccull missing in the side today as well.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:14 pm

Not the finest days work for the men in green full stop today, seemed to be in the wrong spot alot shielding the sun especially in the last quarter.

Tom Fields played 2's and got plenty of it.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:59 am

Southee wrote:Well if you think the umps favoured South most of the game you had it all your way at the critical moments of the last 1/4.
It was a woeful display the last 10 minutes of the game.  
South had Tom Fields and Brede Seccull missing in the side today as well.

Ok I was there sitting near the boundary line every time the ball went over the line and one south player one Eagles player bang hard hit on the Eagles player must have been a set play .
Umpires as Columbo said wrong positions on the ground
Every time which wasn't that much south had players lose every where . But when an Eagles player was within 15 or 20 metres of the balk they were held onto several times in front of the umpires eyes .
They were just crappy umpires so many frees missed both ways
Players missing
As I said pup after 20 seconds
No Boyd
No Mac Gregor
No Almond
No Rowntree
And south were clearly the better team .
Won the centre
But south were so defensive over the top defensive.
And if you wish to say what won the game for the Eagles the most blatant thing the far better south team KICKED THE BALL to Wundke in the goal square .
Of course Haylock son of an old Eagle player scored the winning goal
Also later in the game Sinor into the midfield hurt south .

Honestly the umpires didn't win or lose that game
South to defensive game style lost that game
The game they couldn't have lost the way they controlled it .

But one umpire needs a special mention he couldn't bounce the ball and never recalled three bad bounces that favoured Souths ruckman .
A bad bounce that didn't favour south was recalled funny that .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:42 am

As a neutral i agree there were some baffling decisions made during the course of the game, however it would have been frustrating to both teams & overall there were no bias either way, South had won two games earlier in the season by less than a goal so perhaps this is just one of those evening up the ledger of a season thing, so perhaps another less than a goal loss will happen later in the season & the Eagles might lose a close one later on in the year.....both teams very defensive yesterday & it was still ''nil all' after 10 or so minutes
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:20 pm

bayman wrote:As a neutral i agree there were some baffling decisions made during the course of the game, however it would have been frustrating to both teams & overall there were no bias either way, South had won two games earlier in the season by less than a goal so perhaps this is just one of those evening up the ledger of a season thing, so perhaps another less than a goal loss will happen later in the season & the Eagles might lose a close one later on in the year.....both teams very defensive yesterday & it was still ''nil all' after 10 or so minutes

Out of respect to young Haylock with what happened in his family I will not post what happened
The young lad kicking the winning goal was fitting to him and his family

No offence in this post to south Adelaide fans
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:26 pm

bayman wrote:As a neutral i agree there were some baffling decisions made during the course of the game, however it would have been frustrating to both teams & overall there were no bias either way, South had won two games earlier in the season by less than a goal so perhaps this is just one of those evening up the ledger of a season thing, so perhaps another less than a goal loss will happen later in the season & the Eagles might lose a close one later on in the year.....both teams very defensive yesterday & it was still ''nil all' after 10 or so minutes

Umpires don't normally good bad or really bad help you win or lose a game
Some decisions are rather troubling
Seconds game as an example
Eagles gave away a 25 metre penalty can't argue yes they did
But since when is the 25 metre measured from the centre of the middle of the oval and not where the man on the mark is standing
Didn't affect the result but really strange 25 metre he took it to 40 metres
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:36 pm

mickyj wrote:

Out of respect to young Haylock with what happened in his family I will not post what happened

It was mentioned in the 7 coverage that his Grandmother passed away the night before and he dedicated the win to her.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:01 am

Big Phil wrote:
mickyj wrote:

It was mentioned in the 7 coverage that his Grandmother passed away the night before and he dedicated the win to her.

Didn't know it was on 7 Phil
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum