+2
mickyj
Thiele
6 posters

Go down

Eagles v South Round 8 Empty Eagles v South Round 8

Post by Thiele Thu May 30, 2019 6:24 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens coach Sam Lonergan is keeping his selection options open in the lead up to the match against South on Saturday.
Three players have been included in the 23-man squad, with all three inclusions named on the extended interchange bench.
Of those, veteran wingman Chris Hall looms as the most likely to return after overcoming a foot injury.
Hall’s likely inclusion comes at the expense of utility Sam Rowland, who has been sent back to the Reserves.
Journeyman ruck Seb Guilhaus and rover Jake Comitogianni have also been called up to the League squad.
League
F: Von Bertouch, N. Hayes, Rowe
HF: Poole, J. Hayes, Johansen
C: Petrenko, Foote, Sinor
HB: Toumpas, Thompson, J. Gaffney
B: Goldsworthy, Giuffreda, C. Gaffney

R: J. Redden, Lonergan, Sharrad
INT: Hall, Comitogianni, Firns, Guilhaus, Moore
IN: Guilhaus, Hall, Comitogianni
OUT: Rowland
Reserves
Boyd, Haylock, Lee, Nason, Cook, West, E. Miller, Rowland, Schmusch, X. Redden, Wehr, House, Brill, Bruce, Morgan, McPherson, McLeod, Westbrook, Armfield, Mead, Pedlar.
Under-18
F: Gaze, Morris, Pearce
HF: Barnett, Coff, Francis
C: Frederick, Beecken, Jackson
HB: Hoile, Jones, Lock
B: C. Smith, McNeilly, Z. Williams
R: Phillips, Schoenberg, McNeil
INT: Carter, Kennedy, McCann, Nicholas, Puzzuoli, Scott, R. Williams
SOUTH
South Adelaide could welcome two new players for its contest against the Eagles on Saturday.
Blackwood FC bred midfielder Luke Bogle (19, 178cm and 81kg) will made his League debut after being named in the forward pocket.
Former Adelaide SANFL development backman James Loneragan (21, 189cm and 88kg) has been included on the four-man extended interchange bench.
Goal sneak Darnell Tucker has also been included in the 22-man squad for the Panthers.
Defender Lee Hoey injured his hamstring at training while lead ruckman Michael Knoll was selected by Sydney at Pick No.4 in the AFL Mid-Season Draft on Monday night.
League
F: Bogle, Overall, Emery
HF: Heaslip, Cailotto, Fitt
C: Noble, Cross, Karpany
HB: Haines, Summerton, Brown
B: Rose, Crabb, Kappler

R: McGree, Davis, Liddle
INT: Sampson, Loneragan, Tucker, Whittlesea
IN: Bogle, Loneragan, Tucker
OUT: Knoll (Sydney Swans), Hoey (hamstring)
Reserves
Baker, Beeche, Beenham, Colwell, Davies, Elmes, Grimley, Illingworth Juckers, Kennedy, Kernahan, Lovering, Manuel, McKinnon, Mills, Milsom, Moffa, Ryan, Sladojevic, Snelling, Whitbread.
Under-18
F: Riddle, Freitag, Fitzgerald
HF: Oliver, Reed, Nye
C: Spicer, Clifton, McCreery
HB: Spacie, Douglass, Pettiford
B: Austin, Hindes, Kraemer
R: Williams, Sampson, Hamilton
INT: Coulthard, Brown, Wilkinson, Strapps, Hay, Calyun, Rice, Copley, Inthavong
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Eagles v South Round 8 Empty Re: Eagles v South Round 8

Post by mickyj Thu May 30, 2019 6:37 pm

This could be an interesting game
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri May 31, 2019 12:49 pm

You wonder how long Boyd will linger in the ressies. Eagles have returned to the winners list and South have been robbed of another ruckman.

On ladder position you would say the Panthers but I think the Eagles will be too strong at home.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri May 31, 2019 5:36 pm

A week ago I was quite confident...not so much now. We are 3 ruckmen down since the National draft -all gone to the afl..Brooksby, McLean and Knoll- all clearly very good players.. We now are down to throwing a kid in against Redden and Borholm...sadly not confident at all in this one..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri May 31, 2019 6:17 pm

blueandwhite wrote:A week ago I was quite confident...not so much now. We are 3 ruckmen down since the National draft -all gone to the afl..Brooksby, McLean and Knoll- all clearly very good players.. We now are down to throwing a kid in against Redden and Borholm...sadly not confident at all in this one..

No offence blue and white Borholm retired end of 2019
Eagles have been playing with Redden and a smaller second ruck
However Seb is on the bench we’ve been calling for him to come in .

Two weeks ago I didn’t think the Eagles would win a second game I watched them defeat the then number 1 side .
You never know a little hope goes a long way
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri May 31, 2019 6:20 pm

UncleHuey wrote:You wonder how long Boyd will linger in the ressies. Eagles have returned to the winners list and South have been robbed of another ruckman.

On ladder position you would say the Panthers but I think the Eagles will be too strong at home.

UncleHuey I see you’ve taken a post from a central’s fan on another footy forum
That’s a bit boring you’d need to talk to The Eagles coach you know he was a assistant down at the bay like his predecessor was a seconds coach down there .

No offence meant by my reply
Honestly is eagles fans have no idea why he isn’t playing
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:17 am

mickyj wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:A week ago I was quite confident...not so much now. We are 3 ruckmen down since the National draft -all gone to the afl..Brooksby, McLean and Knoll- all clearly very good players.. We now are down to throwing a kid in against Redden and Borholm...sadly not confident at all in this one..

Two weeks ago I didn’t think the Eagles would win a second game I watched them defeat the then number 1 side .

sorry meant Seb G.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:50 am

blueandwhite wrote:
mickyj wrote:

sorry meant Seb G.
If Seb played I’d be more shocked been calling for him for weeks
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:23 am

Eagles v South Round 8 Rd_8_e11
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:15 pm

Perhaps the lack of experienced ruckmen South have is why finally two rucks were played today.  As I expected, it worked, with both Seb and Redden handy pinch hitters up forward (in a team lacking height).  Redden, while looking cumbersome, finds the footy in general play, with 18 touches.  Having now beaten more teams in the 5 than out of the 5, could these recent two matches be the catalyst to be one of those top 5 come September?
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:14 am

spell_check wrote:Perhaps the lack of experienced ruckmen South have is why finally two rucks were played today.  As I expected, it worked, with both Seb and Redden handy pinch hitters up forward (in a team lacking height).  Redden, while looking cumbersome, finds the footy in general play, with 18 touches.  Having now beaten more teams in the 5 than out of the 5, could these recent two matches be the catalyst to be one of those top 5 come September?

I had to miss this game due to getting sick yesterday watched most on the TV.
Finally Seb was in and it worked. And Vonnie down back .
Trying to recall what the commentator said about goals from marks for the eagles . I think it was 10 goals from 12 marks and they were kicked in spurts of five minutes.
Well done eagles looked good on the TV was hard to watch seeing my spot vacant on the boundary.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down