Round 6: Eagles v South @ Maughen Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 5/5)

+11
Ben W
waddayamean
Southee
bayman
firstblood
testy
Scrunch
howthewestwaswon
Flag No.10
spell_check
Big Phil
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 6: Eagles v South @ Maughen Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 5/5) Empty Round 6: Eagles v South @ Maughen Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 5/5)

Post by Big Phil Thu May 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Ainger up against his former club, will be interesting...

I think South could win, because it is not being played at Noarlunga, but I think the home side should just get up...

Radio Broadcast - 1197am RPH Adelaide from 2:00pm
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Eagles v South @ Maughen Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 5/5) Empty Re: Round 6: Eagles v South @ Maughen Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 5/5)

Post by Big Phil Thu May 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Kane Mitchell re-elevated to the Power's Rookie List as a result of the long term foot injury to Jackson Trengrove...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaide-rookie-kane-mitchell-to-return-to-the-senior-list-replacing-jackson-trengove/story-fn88cf0r-1226633899351

Eagles would expect to lose him to the AFL this week, based on his elevation back onto a main AFL list...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Eagles v South @ Maughen Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 5/5) Empty Re: Round 6: Eagles v South @ Maughen Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 5/5)

Post by spell_check Thu May 02, 2013 5:43 pm

As expected, Kane Mitchell is an out; however while not like for like, Nick Salter makes a return to the side for the first time since Round 17 last year:

FF: Goldsworthy Redden Raymond
HF: Hall Ainger Joyce
C: Jarrad Lewis Allmond
HB: Day Thompson Salter
FB: Sumner Culley Giuffreda
Ruck: Parry Powell Rowntree
Int: Poole Z Fitzgerald Kane Schwarz Staple

Ins Poole Salter Z Fitzgerald Schwarz Staple
Outs Karpany (Ankle) Dawson (Omit) Mitchell (Power)

Poole and Staple were both omitted after the thrashing by Westies and Fitzgerald was dropped after the opening round match against Sturt.

The other name is the son of the 1993 premiership captain Peter Schwarz; and last years Under 18s premiership captain, Tom Schwarz.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu May 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Petrenko dropped by the Crows so will be a handy IN for the Eagles...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu May 02, 2013 6:57 pm

That would be a more like for like in the place of Mitchell, for sure.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu May 02, 2013 7:45 pm

South

F: Bass, Wundke, Pfeiffer
HF: Snook, Eddy, McDonald
C: Daniel, Liddle, Stribling
HB: Murphy, Fields, Redigolo
B: Thewlis, Hartigan, S. Taylor

R: Brooksby, Cross, Gotch
INT: McKay, Perrey, Tarquin Brown, Crabb, Miller

IN: Daniel, Murphy, Bass
OUT: Dowdell
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Fri May 03, 2013 11:29 am

Eagles by 5-6 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri May 03, 2013 12:20 pm

I will go with the Eagles but I do give South a sneaky chance in this one. Too hard to pick against the Eagles at home though and South look a bit leaky at the back. Eagles by 2 goals.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 03, 2013 2:23 pm

I will tip the Eagles here but you just don't know what Panthers team will show up.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sun May 05, 2013 5:50 pm

testy wrote:

I will tip the Eagles here but you just don't know what Panthers team will show up.

Looks like the wrong team showed up

Eagles .... 23 - 19 -157
Panthers... 6 - 7 - 43
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun May 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Fuller is gone IMO.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun May 05, 2013 6:13 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:Fuller is gone IMO.

Might only be finances that save him. 3 and a bit seasons should be long enough to assemble a list and emphasise your desired style of play. They have both a Magarey and Farmer medallist and Liddle is a top 10 player in many peoples mind. Shouldnt be copping the hidings they have and it has to come back to the main man I would think.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 05, 2013 6:20 pm

South = INEPT, bar for two players Liddle & Gotch the rest looked disinterested although that is harsh on the forwards because the ball hardly went up there, i saw West out class Glenelg on Friday but at least Glenelg tried their guts out & bar for the two players mentioned can we say that South tried their guts out & the short answer is NO

as for the Eagles well they looked awesome as it looked like a training drill with Blue & white cones out there

there is no doubt there is a huge gap between the top 4 & the rest but you still should try your hardest & never give up & sadly they just meekly gave up

2 by 100+ losses in a few weeks not good enough
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun May 05, 2013 6:45 pm

Josh Thewlis won the coin toss for South. And that's as far as it went for the Panthers...I really do feel sorry for (most) South Adelaide supporters. I honestly thought besides the West match, there was more to go for them than the ladder suggests.

While I don't say a lot about the performances of other teams, particuarly unworthy performances, South fans who have waited and waited so long for the light at the end of the tunnel at least deserve an effort in a match.

As such, the fact that a high percentage of our shots came from the pocket only prevented the margin from being near 140 points. I fear our downfall next match will be because it was all too easy this week - some cuteness crept into the play in the last. Add to the fact I'm sure Redden will be in the Power side by the following game, and he was a key factor this week. I'd still give the best player to Rowntree.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun May 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Shattered!!

I can not say much more tonight people.......never been so dishearted on what I witnessed today.

I think I am done.

The human soul and heart can only take so much pain....... Crying or Very sad
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben W Sun May 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Bitterly disappointed but I wont be giving up just yet.

Yes we are going through a tough time at South at the present moment. Our list of league players is "thin" and there are players that line up for our league side that likely should not be on an SANFL league list as opposed to a Reserves list. Still we make do with what we have got, its not helped by our injury list either.

Its my opinion that the thorn in the Senior Coaches side at South for the past several years has been the disgusting form of our reserves team who habitually get belted week in and week out and produce few players that put the pressure on our league list for a place. We have some good players at the top of our list but the quality falls away quickly from there and we are exposed in our games because of it.

I wont come at nor be a party to any calls for Ron Fuller to be sacked or to be a part of rumour mongering that Ron has "lost the players". If I was ever to open up on something I very much hate about the SAFC its the attitude of the club towards its senior coaches. Reid, Sheldon, Applegarth all men who those same stupid rumours were said about and sacked accordingly and what did doing that ever achieve for the SAFC? In my opinion it achieved spending much longer at the foot of the ladder than what should have been the case. I really really hope people at the club are awake enough to realise that pulling the same stunt again on Ron Fuller will be exactly the same massive step backwards.

South have a list of issues that the club has been over that point to its lack of success and various attempts have been made and are being made to address those issues. Until we make gains on those things we are not going to achieve stuff all by sacking the coach.

What today represents is a really good opportunity for disappointed SAFC supporters like myself to experience sucking it up, taking it on the chin and drinking up on a cup of cement and hardening up. We gave Ron his five years and Andy Colliins had similar problems at the end of a similar amount of time with Westies, yet their members had enough sense to keep the faith and not to be reactive because people from other SANFL sides were mouthing off at them.

Ron knows what he is doing, let him do it is my advice and beat down the doors of the club to find out what is happening with some of those other issues in the meantime.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by countrycousin Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 pm

I'm not going to buy into South's problems - God knows we've got enough of our own at Sturt. Shocked However I just can't help commenting on the suggestion that South should move to Mt Barker, given that it has also been repeatedly touted as a solution to Sturt's problems. Having done a fair bit of research on the topic, I can't understand why so many people seem to view Mt Barker as a sort of El Dorado. Consider these few facts. 1. It has an oval that would require literally millions spent on it to bring it up to a standard comparable even to Unley, let alone Noarlunga. 2. It ranks near the bottom of the list of council areas, in average poker machine revenues. Well below Unley and not even in the same league as Onkaparinga. 3. There is a very vocal anti-development lobby there, which will almost certainly inhibit future housing and commercial development. A good place to have in one's country zone, but moving there would be suicide. Rolling Eyes
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 pm

I think Waddayamean is being a bit tongue in cheek here.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun May 05, 2013 11:00 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I think Waddayamean is being a bit tongue in cheek here.
Ahh. That makes twice today it's been suggested that I take things too seriously and lack a sense of humour. The other one was on doubleblue.org. Perhaps I've been forgetting to take my medication. Very Happy
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon May 06, 2013 7:38 am

Good post Country Cousin.

Some valid points there.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon May 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Was a great game for the Eagles percentage wise . But my god not good for the comp
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon May 06, 2013 9:25 pm

mickyj wrote:Was a great game for the Eagles percentage wise . But my god not good for the comp

Mickyj, in my opinion there is a huge gap between the top 4 & the rest, i'll concede Central may be the only team capable of upsetting them but only at home
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Mon May 06, 2013 11:04 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:Was a great game for the Eagles percentage wise . But my god not good for the comp

Mickyj, in my opinion there is a huge gap between the top 4 & the rest, i'll concede Central may be the only team capable of upsetting them but only at home
I agree and the percentages make disturbing reading at this early stage of the season. The top 4 range from 61% to 57%, while the other 5 are 48% to 37%. Which is a fair indicator of how wide the gap is. Those of us who support teams in the bottom half know we've got a lot of work to do. Rolling Eyes
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum