+5
Booney
Big Phil
C.K
Scrunch
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Port v Glenelg
Sunday 23 July
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

21 AFL listed Port players got nowhere near a struggling Centrals outfit, while Glenelg had a field day against South. Who will come away with the win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Power reserves likely to be more switched on after a loss, I'm hoping Glenelg but thinking the home team but not by much, let's say 11 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 14: Port v Glenelg - Sunday 23 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Scrunch Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:33 am

Think Port might get it done by about 5 goals
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:44 pm

Bays were brave  but you could see the power reserves leg speed & fitness starting to get space during the third term, they were too good but the 50 point margin wasn't a true indication of the whole match, Snook & Curran were outstanding for Glenelg in a sometimes spiteful match, Bradley broke his collarbone & an unknown (to me as I couldn't see his number)power reserves player went off after a Scharenberg tackle
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:55 pm

bayman wrote:Bays were brave  but you could see the power reserves leg speed & fitness starting to get space during the third term, they were too good but the 50 point margin wasn't a true indication of the whole match, Snook & Curran were outstanding for Glenelg in a sometimes spiteful match, Bradley broke his collarbone & an unknown (to me as I couldn't see his number)power reserves player went off after a Scharenberg tackle

Todd Marshall with concussion, Bayman.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks C.K.
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:17 pm

bayman wrote:Snook & Curran were outstanding for Glenelg in a sometimes spiteful match, Bradley broke his collarbone...
If memory serves correct, Andrew Bradley broke his collarbone in the corresponding game v Port at Alberton last year.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:Snook & Curran were outstanding for Glenelg in a sometimes spiteful match, Bradley broke his collarbone...
If memory serves correct, Andrew Bradley broke his collarbone in the corresponding game v Port at Alberton last year.

he did & it was the other collarbone last year, next year i think we should give him the week off
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:05 am

Always good to beat the Yabs.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:07 pm

Booney wrote:Always good to beat the Yabs.

Wasn't unexpected at all though, after all when Summerton is playing in the early game you know how many professional footballers are starting at 2.10 pm, i'm still in shock at the lack of professionalism & respect they showed in round 1 & they paid the penalty then & weren't going to make the same mistakes the next time around......i just wish we could play the deceased magpies' rather than the franchised version of them
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:38 pm

I'll add now as should have before, it used to feel special beating Port, but now that it is the Power Reserves it doesn't mean anything near what it used too
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:47 am

bayman wrote:

I'll add now as should have before, it used to feel special beating Port, but now that it is the Power Reserves it doesn't mean anything near what it used too

Still love beating the Bays, nothing better than watching the suffering continue. Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Booney wrote:
bayman wrote:

Still love beating the Bays, nothing better than watching the suffering continue. Very Happy

I'm happy for you, no suffering anymore mate as my passion isn't there anymore
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Beating Port and to a lesser extent (at least this season) the Crows, is just a measuring yardstick now. Something to rate yourself against.

I agree it doesn't carry the emotion it once had.
The AFL sides wanted in and got it, largely on their playing terms. They should just be happy with that.

In Port's case if their traditional supporters have become apathetic to them or other team's supporters cannot warm to them anymore, then the Port FC is just going to have to cop that.

I suspect they don't really care on either count.

I read Rucci's latest dribble about 70% of fans wanting retention of the AFL sides. Umpteen thousand respondents to their survey apparently. Did they hover around Alberton and West Lakes to poll most of them maybe? Very Happy

I can't accept that the majority of sanfl supporters (ie the real ones that still go) would prefer this arrangement.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:44 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Beating Port and to a lesser extent (at least this season) the Crows, is just a measuring yardstick now. Something to rate yourself against.

I agree it doesn't carry the emotion it once had.
The AFL sides wanted in and got it, largely on their playing terms. They should just be happy with that.

In Port's case if their traditional supporters have become apathetic to them or other team's supporters cannot warm to them anymore, then the Port FC is just going to have to cop that.

I suspect they don't really care on either count.

I read Rucci's latest dribble about 70% of fans wanting retention of the AFL sides. Umpteen thousand respondents to their survey apparently. Did they hover around Alberton and West Lakes to poll most of them maybe? Very Happy

I can't accept that the majority of sanfl supporters (ie the real ones that still go) would prefer this arrangement.

Not to anger people
But reading stuff on Facebook as well as footy forums
Those who whinge and moan most and say the sanfl is dying don't bother to attend sanfl games . Or only go to games that no AFL seconds teams are in .

Now to this post the majority of sanfl fans do not want the AfL teams in the sanfl
But as a sanfl fan who attends every sanfl game his team plays in.
I don't think they should be in but seeing they are I hope every game they lose .

If that makes sense
All the doom and gloom
By non attenders is friggin boring
All the 1870 stuff gets old and boring the Port fans turn up to sanfl games in the wrong colours .

Enough from me play on
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down