Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval

+4
waddayamean
Thiele
William
Brucetiki
8 posters

Go down

Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:09 pm

Port (6th 5-8 49.11%) v Eagles (1st 10-2 60.14%)
Sunday 17 July
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Port have hit some form in recent weeks, while the Eagles claim top spot after Sturt's loss. Will Port continue their good form, or will the Eagles continue to firm as flag favourites.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:24 pm

Eagles to put paid to the Power reserves charge to the finals & win by 4 or 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by William Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Great to hear Angus Rowntree nearly ready to return after ACL injury, not sure if he will be playing reserves this week, listed in injury listed as a test at this stage, expecting the eagles to win margin will probably depend on how many AFL players Port have available.
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:52 am

I hope the Eagles win port have been saying lobe and white may be back
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:26 pm

Think the Eagles will be too strong regardless of who Port gets back. More a case of affecting the margin then the result.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:09 pm

Eagles.
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:31 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens has been boosted by the return of two first-choice players for the clash with Port at Alberton on Sunday.
Key forward Andrew Ainger and co-captain Pat Giuffreda have both recovered from hamstring strains to be included on the five-man extended interchange bench.
They are the only inclusions for the 23-man squad which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.
Magarey Medal runner-up Angus Rowntree will make his return from a knee reconstruction in the Reserves while former Carlton utility Cameron Giles will also play in the seconds after overcoming a series of niggly injuries.

League
F: O’Brien, Redden, Hall
HF: Poole, Wundke, Haylock
C: Gaffney, Boyd, Jarrad
HB: N. Hayes, Von Bertouch, Allmond
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Goldsworthy

R: Borholm, Rowland, Petrenko
INT: Lewis, Whittlesea, Ainger, McGregor, Giuffreda
IN: Ainger, Giuffreda

Reserves
F: Jolly, Raikiwasa, Comitogianni
HF: Woods, Summerton, Press
C: Rowntree, B. Ellis, C. Giles
HB: G. Ellis, Cox, Sinor
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Batley

R: J. Hayes, Appleton, Yarran
INT: Firns, Westbrook

Under-18
F: Longbottom, Gericke, Rowe
HF: Stengle, Moller, Hayes
C: Martin, A. McPherson, Wehr
HB: Georgeson, McKay, Gaffney
B: Zille, Traeger, Hoyle

R: Miller, Lee, Smith
INT: Baqeri, Cook, Coxon, Pedler, Redden, Wanganeen
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Handy ins for the Eagles. They are looking strong.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:01 am

Round 16: Port v Eagles - Sunday 17 July @ Alberton Oval Lifefm12
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Didn't see that coming. Port jumped the Eagles early and the Eagles never really looked like winning. Given that the Eagles were close to full strength that was a worrying loss. Time will tell if that was an aberration or the Eagles are getting end of season wobbles.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:35 pm

no excuses eagles were bad
it looked from the side lines young players were over awed playing against AFL players
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:13 pm

mickyj wrote:no excuses eagles were bad
it looked from the side lines young players were over awed playing against AFL players

well some umpires have been over awed when umpiring ''their heroes'' since they came into the competition so why not the players ?......Mickyj would those players learn from that or be over awed again this week ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:15 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:no excuses eagles were bad

well some umpires have been over awed when umpiring ''their heroes'' since they came into the competition so why not the players ?......Mickyj would those players learn from that or be over awed again this week ?

I hope they learn bayman

Funny you say umpires i did check the app wasnt much difference in the frees . it did seem every tackle bar one was high or in the back and every eagle player taken down was holding the ball .
And the throw was on display but never picked up by port players .

But that was an odd issue Eagles didnt try hard enough over every player
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down