Round 13: Port v Eagles - Sunday 30 June @ Alberton Oval

+2
bayman
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Round 13: Port v Eagles - Sunday 30 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 13: Port v Eagles - Sunday 30 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by Admin Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 pm

Port v Eagles

Sunday 30 June
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Port are coming off their first win at Elizabeth in a decade, while the Eagles had the bye last week but are coming off a rather ho-hum win over South before their bye.  Which bird will be flying high at the end of this game?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Port v Eagles - Sunday 30 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 13: Port v Eagles - Sunday 30 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:49 pm

i've seen Port a lot recently & they are playing very good honest footy & i expect them to win next week, i'll presume Ebert will play again as he was instrumental in getting the ball out of the centre in the last term last week & with their intensity & thirst for the contest i think they'll win their ''second 4 point game''
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Port v Eagles - Sunday 30 June @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 13: Port v Eagles - Sunday 30 June @ Alberton Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:46 am

Port at home by 2-3 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:23 pm

bloody had for the eagles
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:36 am

Looking at scott's stats (excellent job mate) this game will be an interesting "clash" of styles.

The Eags are the second highest scoring team, avg 96 ppg. Port avg 79ppg.

Port average 18 more diposals per game then their opponents. Showing we like to hang on to the ball. Port avg over 100 marks a game, the Eags 80.

Eags avg 50 tackles a game, Port just 35. Again showing Port like to keep possesion of the ball, it also shows the Eags tackle more than any other team and apply pressure to the ball carrier.

So this will come down to how effectively Port can hold the ball or how the Eags can pressure Port to give it up.

Here's hoping the conditions stay reasonably fine for this one as I think it will be a cracker. I think the difference might be the forward line Port are now assembling. Thurgood, Ebert, Johncock, Grove, Raikiwasa, Gray and J.Butcher all offer multiple goal scoring danger to the Eags.

Port by 17 points.

C'mon Ports!
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum