bayman
Thiele
waddayamean
Southee
goddy11
William
10 posters

Go down

Round 18: Port v Adelaide - Sunday 31 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 18: Port v Adelaide - Sunday 31 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:22 pm

Port v Adelaide
Sunday 31 July
Alberton Oval

League: 1:40pm

Port are mounting a late charge for finals, but Adelaide can throw a spanner in those works. Will they stop Port in their tracks?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Port v Adelaide - Sunday 31 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Port v Adelaide - Sunday 31 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:48 pm

the Power reserves play a more physical game than the Crows reserves & this is what's beaten the Adelaide reserves in the last two weeks, the same will apply here, Power reserves by 4 or 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Port v Adelaide - Sunday 31 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Port v Adelaide - Sunday 31 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by William Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:37 pm

Port with some good ins for this game as do Adelaide, look forward to watching on Sunday, would it be a good idea for this game to be played in a country area like Adelaide do with there home game?
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:56 am

William wrote:Port with some good ins for this game as do Adelaide, look forward to watching on Sunday, would it be a good idea for this game to be played in a country area like Adelaide do with there home game?

Good point. The crows seem to promote their games better by playing in the country and the opposition home grounds. I don't recall PA reserves giving away a home game and they even encourage people back to their club when a away game is televised. eg the game against South.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:12 pm

One of the worst advertisements for SANFL possible, this game. Absolutely no atmosphere at the ground, fairly low standard game, and it's the TV game. awful showcase.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:39 pm

thankfully i didn't see it then as i was watching an u/16.5 match, there was a lad playing for Portland wearing number 1 this lad oozed class, he can kick both feet, reads the play very well, can run very quickly & was strong overhead as well, without knowing his actual background i'd suggest he might have a Sudanese or African background, i think his team mates were calling him ''Will'' but i was upstairs & the hearing isn't as good as it used to be
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Adelaide coach Heath Younie left the game at half time.....maybe someone can tell him the final score ???
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:46 pm

Southee wrote:Adelaide coach Heath Younie left the game at half time.....maybe someone can tell him the final score ???

looking at the scores they went better without him
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Thiele Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:33 pm

Southee wrote:Adelaide coach Heath Younie left the game at half time.....maybe someone can tell him the final score ???
I got told he has a match day role at the Crow Afl side
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:59 pm

Heard Soders say, '7 match of the round' on the tv today.
Just shows how afl-centric they are.
How does this game get to be match of the round when you have 1st playing 2nd?
Well because you have 2 afl clubs playing that's why. And that is clearly more important than anything else.

So are you going to have a maximum Crows supporters watching when they're all off to watch their afl team playing straight after?

And if Younie left at half time, then if there is a greater action that demonstrates their flippancy to the sanfl competition, then someone is going to have to explain it to me.

But wait, the Crows and power reserves are good for the sanfl aren't they? Sorry I forgot the mantra for a moment there. Round 18: Port v Adelaide - Sunday 31 July @ Alberton Oval 2548818497
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:18 pm

To be fair every tv or radio station has always said they've got the match of the day regardless whether it is or not
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:22 am

waddayamean wrote:
The Hatchet wrote:One of the worst advertisements for SANFL possible, this game. Absolutely no atmosphere at the ground, fairly low standard game, and it's the TV game. awful showcase.

This is often the case with the TV games. Not enough supporters to create a good atmosphere at some grounds. Woodville , Richmond ,Elizabeth and Noarlunga are bigger ovals and just have no atmosphere.

Are you sticking up for the AFL crowd but run down the crowd at Woodville oval if this match had a smaller crowd why don't you continue the rubbish you post about crowds at Woodville oval 
if this afl seconds clash meant anything it would have been the curtain raiser at Adelaide oval 
stop running down SANFL crowds if you can not say the same things when the afl seconds attract small crowds 
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:25 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Heard Soders say, '7 match of the round' on the tv today.
Just shows how afl-centric they are.
How does this game get to be match of the round when you have 1st playing 2nd?
Well because you have 2 afl clubs playing that's why. And that is clearly more important than anything else.

So are you going to have a maximum Crows supporters watching when they're all off to watch their afl team playing straight after?

And if Younie left at half time, then if there is a greater action that demonstrates their flippancy to the sanfl competition, then someone is going to have to explain it to me.

But wait, the Crows and power reserves are good for the sanfl aren't they? Sorry I forgot the mantra for a moment there.  Round 18: Port v Adelaide - Sunday 31 July @ Alberton Oval 2548818497

I agree with you Chambo
if the afl seconds match meant anything it would have been played before the afl game
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:39 am

I've just read 2289 fans at the seconds match
Waddayamean why are you saying what a poor crowd 
Two afl sides with thousands upon thousands of fans why don't you say how shocking that is
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:17 am

bayman wrote:To be fair every tv or radio station has always said they've got the match of the day regardless whether it is or not

I may have misread his context, but it did sound like he was pumping it to be the "best" game of the round.
Maybe he said it after the Blues got mauled the day before, that 1 v 2 wasn't such a great spectacle, but to me it didn't sound that way.
Doesn't really matter anyway.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:33 am

would have thought if it was such a great game, Seven could have given it two commentators rather than one caller and one expert.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:05 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
bayman wrote:To be fair every tv or radio station has always said they've got the match of the day regardless whether it is or not

I may have misread his context, but it did sound like he was pumping it to be the "best" game of the round.
Maybe he said it after the Blues got mauled the day before, that 1 v 2 wasn't such a great spectacle, but to me it didn't sound that way.
Doesn't really matter anyway.

Most broadcasters tend to do that as well, regardless of whether it is or not.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down