blueandwhite
mark beswick
southern bulldog
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

2016 draw - Page 3 Empty Re: 2016 draw

Post by Big Phil Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:15 am

eartotheground wrote:Will the issue raised above regarding media coverage of the games be sorted in time, or will some matches go without coverage?
I don't think there will be any issue with ALL games having some form of media coverage...

Be it live radio coverage, TV, video stream, audio stream or in-house transmission, the League will ensure that all games are covered in some capacity...

I don't think time will be an issue, either, there is still 3-4 months before the season starts...

Hopefully a quality broadcaster will be returning to the SANFL media circle in 2016 so that will assist in making sure there are not just enough callers to cover games, but quality callers...

It is what the competition deserves...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:39 am

Big Phil wrote:
eartotheground wrote:Will the issue raised above regarding media coverage of the games be sorted in time, or will some matches go without coverage?
I don't think there will be any issue with ALL games having some form of media coverage...

Be it live radio coverage, TV, video stream, audio stream or in-house transmission, the League will ensure that all games are covered in some capacity...

I don't think time will be an issue, either, there is still 3-4 months before the season starts...

Hopefully a quality broadcaster will be returning to the SANFL media circle in 2016 so that will assist in making sure there are not just enough callers to cover games, but quality callers...

Replacing some callers by the sounds, Phil?
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:19 am

eartotheground wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Replacing some callers by the sounds, Phil?
Wouldn't have thought so, eartotheground...

Just an extra (quality) caller to add into the mix...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Big Phil Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:58 pm

waddayamean wrote:An extra 'quality' caller would not be hard . I'm not having a go at anyone however I find it very ordinary. It would be very difficult of course but the voice is obviously the instrument that needs to sound good. Not many good ones out there.
So you've said, for the 100th time...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:49 pm

waddayamean wrote:Like I said not trying to offend anyone , I do hope we get some quality. All you have to do is look at the T20. It isn't rocket science.

are you saying you want ex footballers (or ex cricketers he says with a grin) calling matches ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:41 am

waddayamean wrote:An extra 'quality' caller would not be hard . I'm not having a go at anyone however I find it very ordinary. It would be very difficult of course but the voice is obviously the instrument that needs to sound good. Not many good ones out there.

What's the problem with 'voices'?

I'm more interested in the quality of the call and we have several excellent callers, all passionate about the game.

The caller who frustrates me the most has the 'best' radio voice.

My all time great cricket caller was John Arlott. Have a listen if you can.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:46 am

The last thing SANFL broadcasts need are a bunch of Brian Taylor wannabes

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down