Rnd 1 - Glenelg v South @ Gliderol Stadium (Fri 3/4)

+5
Ben W
Southee
Paul
UncleHuey
Big Phil
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rnd 1 - Glenelg v South @ Gliderol Stadium (Fri 3/4) Empty Rnd 1 - Glenelg v South @ Gliderol Stadium (Fri 3/4)

Post by Big Phil Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:53 am

The second game of a split opening round to the season...

Friday April 3, 2015

Gliderol Stadium - GLENELG

GLENELG v SOUTH

Curtain Riaser - TBA

League @ 3.10pm

Channel 7 from 3:00pm

Looking forward to Good Friday footy, again...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Rnd 1 - Glenelg v South @ Gliderol Stadium (Fri 3/4) Empty Re: Rnd 1 - Glenelg v South @ Gliderol Stadium (Fri 3/4)

Post by UncleHuey Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Good Friday at the Bay for a change. Hopefully a change of venue leads to a change of result and the Tigers can put last season and the offseason behind them.
Heart says the Bays, the head says South by 3 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Rnd 1 - Glenelg v South @ Gliderol Stadium (Fri 3/4) Empty Re: Rnd 1 - Glenelg v South @ Gliderol Stadium (Fri 3/4)

Post by Ben W Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:18 pm

Games between South and Glenelg are often close matches with a growing rivalry. Hard to call for round one though. South Adelaide by 7pts for mine.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:26 pm

as UH, says logic = South, Head = Glenelg, however i think Glenelg maybe be too quick for South & win despite the loss of Joseph by 3 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:47 pm

South by 31
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Danger game for us. Bays would be ready to prove a point with their "off field" dramas over summer plus new recruits/coach.

Positive for us, we play well on the smaller ground and our record the last few games has been pretty good.

I will go South as I think Gotchy will have the better hand over the newly appointed and less experienced Lokan.

South by 3 goals. Really looking forward to getting down to the Bay on Friday. Should be a decent crowd.

Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Southee wrote: I think Gotchy will have the better hand over the newly appointed and less experienced Lokan.

I'd suggest with mouse being Lokans' senior assistant (or whatever the title is) will nullify that to some extent, seeing he knows how Gotch operates & what the game plan is, after being there last year in particular
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:53 pm

bayman wrote:
Southee wrote: I think Gotchy will have the better hand over the newly appointed and less experienced Lokan.

I'd suggest with mouse being Lokans' senior assistant (or whatever the title is) will nullify that to some extent, seeing he knows how Gotch operates & what the game plan is, after being there last year in particular

Yeah true Bayman.

Good pick up for the Bays in mouse. He would know our engine unit very well.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:44 am

Looking at the teams gives me some concern for both teams for the season.

Glenelg might have added pace, but they still look average in key areas to me. South's backline might turn out to be good, but it looks very fragile IMO.

If South play with the same spirit and enjoyment they displayed last year they should win. Glenelg need to win this or it could be a long season.

It's a new season, though, so anything could happen to make us eat our words.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:21 am

i think we've deliberately gone in with a smallish team to try & out run South, whether it's a deliberate ploy or not i don't know, if it is i'd suggest it would be Mouse' idea & suggestion to the coach, if it isn't deliberate i think it could be a masterstroke by the coach, logic says South but i like the look of the tiger line up today & predict a 19 point win
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:39 pm

well i was right at half time, now i'm wondering about the fitness level of the team
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:06 pm

South Adelaide 14.13 - 97
def
Glenelg 12.5 77

Goals: South Adelaide - Haren 4, Eddy 3, Seccull 1, Overall, Liddle, Macleod, Cross, Heaslip & Veide. Glenelg - Alleway 3, Lonergan 2, Hender, Milera 1, Earl, Button, Rioli, Curran.

Best Players at South were given to Cross, Bass, Haren, Macleod, Liddle, Gotch and Cailotto.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Was a good game today, in respect to Glenelg I would make a few observations, whilst every bays supporter would have every right to be let down by the 20pt loss, there were several good signs today. The bays played several patches of very good footy in the first half, you would have to be pretty happy with Terry Milera and Willi Rioli Who give the impression they have some incredible talent at this level. My observation was that the bays hit us pretty hard for most of the first half but lost their intensity as the game wore on. Another observation was that there were several occassions where bays players called for the ball and were ignored only to see a turnover to South. As their team gels together this will not stay the same in coming weeks. As for their coach plenty of people questioned whether he was the right choice yet under the circumstances he was chosen and to see what he has put together in that short time was pretty impressive despite the fact that they fell short on the day. I suspect that Glenelg will get better and better over the next few weeks as the group gets game time together. Will be interesting to see where they are by the end of round 6. I suspect not too bad!
Ben W
Ben W

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:32 pm

hope your right Ben W
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Ben, I thought Veide was very important whenthe game was tight.

In the match thread, I said I felt South might run over Glenelg in the second half.

I think the Bays have some problems.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:42 pm

Lee wrote:Ben, I thought Veide was very important whenthe game was tight.

In the match thread, I said I felt South might run over Glenelg in the second half.

I think the Bays have some problems.

what problems in your opinion would they be ?

after today i thought fitness
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:04 pm

I thought they looked a bit short and vulnerable in defence, Bayman and had one or two who seemed to 'disappear' when it mattered.

I agree with your analysis on the match day thread.

I think there are one or two discipline problems as well.

On the other hand, Lokan has just started and there were some good signs early, especially with Milera, Button and Alleway.

I also wonder who will kick enough goals, as most teams will put more pressure on Alleway.

Anyone other than Joseph not available today, Bayman?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:13 pm

only a couple that played in the reserves, although one of them got reported today (Josh Scott) it was a late hit, but it was on the grandstand wing & i was on the outer side, so i can't tell you what part of Scotts' body hit the South player & where abouts on him, young Rioli must have some reputation to have someone 'run with' him all day in his debut match
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:11 pm

We began the game poorly and the bays came out all guns blazing in the first half, we had many of our better players missing in action. After halftime I thought we were a lot better and our better players like Liddle, Eddy and Veide came to play and had a strong influence on the game and the result. I thought Ben Haren was excellent in his first game in the blueandwhite, both he and Eddy finished the game with 7 goals between them. I think they will be a handful for most defences during the year.
The Bays....certainly to my way of thinking they are a vast improvement on what i saw last year. they have a lot of new personel, and a ton of legspeed, i think they need another big up forward to compliment Alleway and given time to gel they will be a handful for anyone.
A quick word about the day.... the catering was very ordinary ...had plenty of food but was told several times to come back in half an hour when its hot..it seems they were only putting 3 pies in the warmer at once...incase they might waste some.
Its also worth mentioning how much the the oval surface has improved..its amazing what a covering of grass can do!!!!!!!!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Wanted green tops the last 2 summers for our Sheffield Shield bowlers playing at Glenelg Oval

At last I saw green tops at Glenelg Oval today
The top half of the umpires uniforms
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:22 am

Best players awarded to the Bays were = B. Agnew , C. Alleway , J. Johansen , S. Lonergan , A. Bradley and L. Button
Ben W
Ben W

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Knew the Bays would be out to make a stand in this game.  They certainly had me very concerned for most of the game.  I thought they were quick and their pressure to begin with was pretty fierce !! Agnew held Eddy pretty well.

South after half time came out to play and were like the South of 2014 again.  Veide, Liddle, Seccull - 3 players who decided to take the game on and show great leadership.  

Impressed with Haren.  Wonderful pick up for us !

My concerns are we are not strong in defence.  We miss Thewlis, Fields.  It will take a few games for the boys down there to gel.

Some weak links in our side IMO but look forward to having Rolfe and Redigolo back in the side.  Not to sure how Dale Fraser went in the reserves but hope he finds fitness and form and returns soon.

B&W, totally agree with you about the catering !!! Pretty disgraceful when I had my wife and 4 year old daughter with me who was very thirsty with the warmer weather and wanted a bottle of water.  Wife went to buy one and was told "There are no more waters, we are sold out and not getting any more".  Plus I always thought the Bays had a playground or jumping castle ?? Is this gone now?? For a day like this more planning is needed by Glenelg !!!
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:50 pm

without knowing i'd suggest being a public holiday the bouncy castle man wasn't working or indeed took his family away for the weekend, other than that they have had a bouncy castle at every home game for several years, as for the catering that is a shame but there were plenty of cakes & so forth trying to get sold after the game on the outer side
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Oh well Bayman . The bouncy castle man worked every Good Friday at the Noarlunga games . I did not want a cake just a basic $4.00 water which were sold out by half time .
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:21 pm

Southee wrote:Oh well Bayman . The bouncy castle man worked every Good Friday at the Noarlunga games . I did not want a cake just a basic $4.00 water which were sold out by half time .

nevermind, so i'll cheekily suggest to byo water (it will also save you money Wink )
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next