+5
bayman
Lee
blueandwhite
howthewestwaswon
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Round 24: Glenelg v South - Sunday 9 September @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 24: Glenelg v South - Sunday 9 September @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Round 24: Glenelg v South - Sunday 9 September @ Gliderol Stadium Glenelg_logo V Round 24: Glenelg v South - Sunday 9 September @ Gliderol Stadium South_logo

Sunday 9 September
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: 5RPH

While South's season will end on Sunday regardless of the result, Glenelg are still a chance to play finals. Will South finish their season high (and finish Glenelg's season for the second straight year), or will Glenelg keep their finals chances alive?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 24: Glenelg v South - Sunday 9 September @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 24: Glenelg v South - Sunday 9 September @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:07 am

Glenelg to scrape over the line by 1-2 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 24: Glenelg v South - Sunday 9 September @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 24: Glenelg v South - Sunday 9 September @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by blueandwhite Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:15 pm

The bays will be/should be desperate to win this one.
I pencilled this one in a few months ago as perhaps being a pivotal game for both sides, however the way the season has panned out South now have little to play for.
Souths form of late has been good, ran Norwood and Central pretty close, lost to West by 1 pt and defeated another prospective finallist, North on Sunday ,pretty comfortably.
I beleive if South play 2 quarters like they did in the first half on Sunday, they will be far far too good for the Bays.
While South have little to play for, perhaps spoiling the Tigers finals aspirations would perhaps put some gloss on a very disappointing season.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:42 pm

B & W, if South can keep their existing list and add a key defender or two, they'd be right up there, IMO.

Is that a fair statement?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:04 pm

redandblack wrote:B & W, if South can keep their existing list and add a key defender or two, they'd be right up there, IMO.

Is that a fair statement?

well im a glass half full type of guy...
1 tall in defence
1 hard nut inside midfielder
a bit of good luck for a change with injuries

and a decent go from the sanfl with zones.......... Rolling Eyes

yes, i think we'd be right in the mix.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Well, the Boundaries Commission is very soon getting the clubs' submissions.

From Census numbers, West and Glenelg are the lowest, I think.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:07 pm

redandblack wrote:Well, the Boundaries Commission is very soon getting the clubs' submissions.

From Census numbers, West and Glenelg are the lowest, I think.

I think the Boundaries commission has actually convened early and has met already, at the insistence of one particular club.
Census statistics are important of course, but lets hope some sense of sanity prevails on this issue for a change...and the commission realises that participation rates at junior level are perhaps more relevant in this case.

There are a lot of people that live in the Victor to Goolwa strip- a burgeoning population...but most of them have grey hair and dont play a lot of footy.
There are more seals at Seal Bay than 16-22 yo footballers on KI.
The fact that the boundary with the Bays is only 2 sets of lights north of Hickinbotham Oval is a concern also. The suburbs of Hackham and Aldinga are completely bereft of talent , one only has to examine those clubs results over the last few yrs to come to that conclusion; yet they are 2 of the only 5 clubs in the SFL that are completely based in Souths zone.
Unfortunately however,it is a bit like complaining to you mother in law about your wife.....its going to get us nowhere.....
because unfortunately the SANFL commission is dominated by clubs who have the most to lose should any rezoning occur. Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:16 pm

The Census statistics are of the appicable age group (I think 10 -19?), split up into different age sub-groups.

Participation is a problematical area to analyse. I agree it can be important, but it also reflects the amount f work done by a club in their area to some extent.

I also agree that some clubs are very well off, particularly in the area of colleges and schools and they won't want to give anything up.

West have been in the bottom three clubs for numbers for about 20 years.

The Aldinga area is a problem now, but in 10 years or less it will be a gold mine, with all the new houses and suburbs.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:00 pm

our best = good enough
South's best = good enough

if both play well it'll be a beauty

if one team has a good day & the other a bad day then that'll be the result

as mentioned by B&W South's form is very good while Glenelg's best game for a long time was last week (in a loss) & before that it was ordinary....obviously Glenelg is the team that has 'everything' to play for but it would give South great pleasure of sending Glenelg into football oblivion with themselves, bays will need Rudolph & Kirk or the defence will be stretched

the heart says Glenelg but the head says ?????
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:58 pm

I reckon South may win.

Glenelg have failed plenty of times over the past few years when they have something to play for and I think the same may happen next week.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Quietly confident.

Love beating the mob down Ocean Boulevard.

South by 4 goals Very Happy
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:05 pm

I think South by maybe 2 goals.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:35 am

F. ROLFE WUNDKE MCKAY
HF. WATSON AINGER DANIEL
C. MURPHY OTTEN CROSS
HB. HOULIHAN CRABB CAREY
B. REDIGOLO TARQUIN BROWN MILLER
FOLL. BROOKSBY STRIBLING LIDDLE
INT. BEILBY PFEIFFER CRATE GOTCH BASS

INTO 23 Jacob Crate Xavier Gotch Daniel Bass
OUT Shaun McKernan – Crows.

....Did McKernan get named for the Crows??? If not, he is a required player is is very suprising he is not IN the selected side.

Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:28 pm

McKernan will probably front for South. This has been happening to Norwood (and others) all season. AFL clubs playing ducks 'n' drakes is a constant pain in the gluteus maximus for SANFL selectors.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:16 am

Glenelg should win...
but South are a good side i reckon they are good enough to be in the 5 but they arnt playing there best so...

Glenelg by 3 goals
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:05 pm

not good enough, we had our chances & couldn't take them, twice (2nd & 3rd terms) we got to a lead of over 3 goals & couldn't kick the next one that may've broken the back, with South down to only 18 players by lemon time & with everything to play for South was the one that was more desperate when it mattered the most......twice this year we've had opponents down to 18 men & couldn't take that advantage.....i keep saying Rolfe is the most under rated player in the competition & he proved it again today...well done to Sam Rudolph (& Ben Mules ) on a great career
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down