Round 13: Glenelg v South - Saturday 15 July @ Gliderol Stadium

+3
Southee
blueandwhite
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 13: Glenelg v South - Saturday 15 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 13: Glenelg v South - Saturday 15 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:35 pm

Glenelg v South
Saturday 15 July
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

It's the battle of the 2 southern most teams down at the bay. Who will win the battle this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Glenelg v South - Saturday 15 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 13: Glenelg v South - Saturday 15 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:49 pm

If Glenelg can't win against a rival battling it out for a finals position as well, at home then simply we won't deserve it & South would, bays by 9 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Glenelg v South - Saturday 15 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 13: Glenelg v South - Saturday 15 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Southee Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:44 pm

South by 3 to 4 goals.

Play with that direct game plan and bring in that intensity from last weeks win we will be hard to beat.

Hopefully the boys bring it with them on Saturday !!! Do or die clash this one.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:49 pm

The battle of the cats down at the litter tray....
I was most impressed with the Panthers last week, certainly had it all together after a 3-4 very ordinary weeks. Liddle showing us what a class player he is, and will poll very well in the Magarey Medal.
Panthers to extinguish the Bays finals aspirations by 28 pts.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:43 pm

The Bays at home will turn things around and win a close one by 10 points.,
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Bays around 5/2 with the corporate bookies, looks great value to me & the line betting looks a gift given the forecast
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:47 pm

After witnessing Souths efforts today, I came away from the game thinking that the Bays clearly wanted the points a hell of a lot more than we did. We were confused, directionless, disorganised and totally bereft of the skills required to play at league level. What a weak,meek soft capitulation it was. There were clearly 6-7 players in our side today who are for whatever reason incapable of putting their heads over the footy when its required. There was no duty of care for team mates, not enough sustained pressure on the opposition, and blind kicking and errant handballs resulting in turnovers and scoring opportunities to the opposition.Yes we had injuries, and to key players too but our actual effort wasnt there.We didnt want it as badly as the Bays, who were hungry, and played like it.
South has no new supporters, no newbie fans, we are all rusted on supporters, many getting on years. We've put up with enough over the last 50 years..We deserve better than that load of crap we were unfortunate enough to witness today.
Evil or Very Mad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:56 pm

Disgraceful effort today and one that loyal fans deserved better.
Weak, pea hearted efforts. Players confused with game plan (if there is one) who were dare I say "gutless".... skill errors are turnovers deplorable and embarrassing.

To see a dual Margery Medalist have a verbal fight with the coach (in front of supporters) in the last quarter pretty much sums we're we are currently imo .....

Fans deserved better than watching the crap delivered by the club I love today.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:07 am

Southee wrote:

To see a dual Margery Medalist have a verbal fight with the coach (in front of supporters) in the last quarter pretty much sums we're we are currently imo .....

There have been whispers that the relationship between coach and players isn't great.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:55 am

i think losing Eddy was bad enough but losing Gotch was a disaster, i think he was the best coach in sanfl footy over the last few years....i've never rated Hocking as a coach as mentioned pre season & now the proof might be in the pudding
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:22 am

I see more of South than most commentators and something look awry from the team I've seen over the years.  Confident, swift ball movement looked very hesitant and rushed yesterday and while Overall was missing and Haren took no further part after an early injury, it looked jumbled and confused at times.

There wasn't a breath of wind either so to be 3.17 at one point was testaments to how wide and rushed they moved into attack. The poise and precision I've seen so much just isn't there and not sure why.

Glenelg fans should be very encouraged by yesterday,  with it being notable just how many juniors are making the transition so well to league football.  Add the experience of the likes of Joseph and Sellar, and the flair of the Milera"s and while this may be a year too early, watch out if they can keep most of thw group together.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:33 am

there was a ''2 goal'' breeze to the southern end & it was a cold wind into my face, the breeze was a lot stronger during the reserves, i agree Glenelg are coming along ok but at the moment our best can beat anyone & our worst couldn't beat an egg & there is too much of a gap between our best & our worst & this has to be rectified
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Happy for the points and the margin as it gives us a buffer in 5th.

I didn't think South were as bad as made out, apart from deplorable kicking at goal. From halfway through the second quarter I thought the teams were fairly even apart from kicking for goal. I have seen the Bays do this on numerous occasions so I can understand the frustrations.

The Bays looked good when they move the ball quickly although we still overdo the short pass to nowhere too much. The commitment was great and the run from Milera and Dom was great to watch. Need to bring that every week.

Don't rate Hocking as a coach. He coached in WA for a few years and got very underwhelming reviews.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down