Round 16: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 9 July @ Gliderol Stadium

+3
Paul
bayman
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 16: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 9 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 16: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 9 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:33 pm

Glenelg v Adelaide

Saturday 9 July
Gliderol Stadium

League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Glenelg 13.9.87 d West 12.7.79 @ Gliderol Stadium
Adelaide 17.16.118 d Eagles 7.8.50 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Last Time They Met
Glenelg 17.21.123 d Adelaide 13.8.86 @ Gliderol Stadium

Ladder Position
Glenelg 10th 3-12 36.75%
Adelaide 8th 6-9 48.81%

Both sides are coming off great wins.  Who will make it 2 wins on the trot?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 9 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 16: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 9 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:24 pm

small ground will suit Glenelg, the Crows will be close to full strength, i think & hope we can win by 2 goals on the small ground, a bigger ground i'd be thinking the other way
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 9 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 16: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 9 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Paul Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Glenelg by 2 points
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Adelaide
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 9 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Glenelg v Adelaide

Post by ozrules Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:46 pm

No Taylor Walker! At least you'll be able to get a park to get to the pokies.
ozrules
ozrules

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:31 pm

The crowd figure will be interesting, won't it?

I think we'll see the Taylor Walker average well exceeding Adelaide's average.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:29 pm

i don't usually go crook about umpires but today the crows seem to get most of the soft & 50/50 free kicks, there were also a couple of crucial holding the ball decisions not given (have a look at the one in the last term) even the attractive number 5 trainer from the crows couldn't believe it wasn't paid holding the ball, i think todays umpires subconciously were giving 'their idols' a free run, as for the game the crows were sharp & well drilled but with 3 ruck men in the team they were over balanced, after the first break the Tigers started to run & carry to take advantage of the top heavy crows & this worked for the majority of the last 3 terms, a few foot passes went astray when streaming forward which also didn't help, i thought our better players were Stretch, Pitt, McGinty, Jolly (best Glenelg game i've seen him play), Hooper, Agnew, Alleway & Snook, for Adelaide i thought the usually accurate Callinan, McKernan, Reilly & Graham were their better players.....................................................................................................for us long suffering bay supporters in the last month or so you can definitely see some improvement in the young playing group while other ''first pick'' players are out for various reasons........

i listened to the 88.2fm radio call today & one voice was familiar & we know to commentate is a hard job, however i'd suggest to call it down the middle rather than the slant it had today
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:02 pm

redandblack wrote:The crowd figure will be interesting, won't it?

I think we'll see the Taylor Walker average well exceeding Adelaide's average.

Not sure why that's interesting. I would have thought any reasonable person would expect that the games the AFC played in with Walker would be well attended. Especially considering they were played early in the season.

Free kicks, 20 to GFC, 16 to AFC.

Imagine the conspiracy theorists if the AFC had won the free kick count too.
sanflman
sanflman

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:12 pm

as i said only 2 or 3 weeks ago a free kick tally does not have to be equal, there were blatant frees not given, soft ones seemed for the most part to go one way, there was a 25 metre penalty given against Alleway today & he threw the ball back to the player who refused to put his hands out to catch it, the ball then hits the ground, he appeals & the the penalty awarded, an umpire with common sense would say ''you could have caught it, you chose not too, pick it up & take your kick'', yep Eleni got that one wrong
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:26 pm

Are you honestly suggesting that if the free kick count was 25 - 16, that people on here wouldnt be questioning the validity of the umpiring no matter how good it was?
sanflman
sanflman

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:06 pm

sanflman wrote:Are you honestly suggesting that if the free kick count was 25 - 16, that people on here wouldnt be questioning the validity of the umpiring no matter how good it was?

i can't answer what other people would say, can i ? i usually think & have posted the umpires overall do a decent job, so all i'm saying is the umpires yesterday for whatever reason had an off day & i'll repeat a free kick count does not have to be even to be fair
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum