The Emperor
howthewestwaswon
bayman
Lee
Admin
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 14: South v Glenelg - Sunday 1 July @ Hickinbotham Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 14: South v Glenelg - Sunday 1 July @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Lee Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:07 pm

So much for getting a boundaries change Wink
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 14: South v Glenelg - Sunday 1 July @ Hickinbotham Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 14: South v Glenelg - Sunday 1 July @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by BloodnTars Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:20 am

Millsy wrote:We are shot, no confidence, no skill , no game plan. Something needs to change at alberton fast.

So which of South or Glenelg have moved to Alberton? lol!
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:30 am

redandblack wrote:So much for getting a boundaries change Wink

sure! its all going swimmingly.....2nd win in 3 yrs,1st win for the year, a percentage of 26% ............
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:33 am

I was being a little tongue in cheek, B & W Very Happy

FWIW, I think South will gain some extra at Glenelg's expense.

Two things though. Is one of the bigger schools in South's zone a 'Rugby Only' school Shocked

If so, that says a lot about South's junior development effort.

I hope what I heard is wrong.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:33 am

PS: From a Westies point of view today.

Go the Panthers Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:43 pm

well South looked a million bucks early especially going into attack yet we manage to keep in touch, in the second term & with the use of the breeze they wasted opportunities & undid their good work from the first term by kicking 2.5 to 1.1 & led by 25 points at the long break, Glenelg with the aid of a fairly strong beeze dominated the majority of the third stanza so much so that South failed to score & we got to within 8 points at 'lemon time' then we exploded with the inspirational goal from Davenport & finally got to the lead, then South rallied mainly through Mckernan (5 goals) & established a 15 point buffer, then Glenelg rallied & got the lead back & then never relinquished it, Kirk to a great pack mark late in the term to help the cause & this is what he is capable of & why he should be in the team, when the siren went i thought given that 8 goals was kicked the quarter would've gone another 2 or 3 minutes but was happy when it sounded (not that i heard it), i thought Trembath (4 goals),Tenace, Button (around the ground), Holmes who was outstanding when it mattered, Edwards who also was outstanding in defence especially given his inexperience & Kirkby

i just wonder did we run over them because they travelled to Melbourne last week or were we simply too good when we raised the effort & tenacity after halftime

also the defence was good given that Milne & Mules didn't play
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:31 pm

redandblack wrote:I was being a little tongue in cheek, B & W Very Happy

FWIW, I think South will gain some extra at Glenelg's expense.

Two things though. Is one of the bigger schools in South's zone a 'Rugby Only' school Shocked

If so, that says a lot about South's junior development effort.

I hope what I heard is wrong.

So do I r@b...
but when you say which of the bigger schools... which one of the 2 would you be referring too.
Unfortunately as your club would also be aware , the fact is that AFL is a nasty word in a lot of primary schools these days...so no matter how many $$$s and time and effort you pour into development, you are banging your head against a brick wall.
I wouldnt worry too much R&B ,if there is a boundary change it wont effect your club ,who shall we say.............. has plenty of influence where the issue will be decided. Wink
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:42 pm

waddayamean wrote:How do you get tired sitting on a plane for an hour a week ago ?

the travel factor 'works' in AFL football where they are professionals so in this case being semi professionals could magnify it a bit......& South did stop to a walk after halftime being outscored 7.6 to 3.2

btw i'm not trying to 'stir up' anyone i'm asking the question could the travel factor be a reason for the fade out, personally i think it has some merit
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:17 pm

As much as I don't like to admit it, congratulations to Glenelg, they clearly wanted it more and played a better standard of footy today. Considering how Glenelg were widely touted by many to struggle this season after losing certain players they seem to be doing pretty well!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:13 pm

After half time I would describe it like a "train wreck" ... You could see it coming!!

Once again we had a very handy lead at half time to lose at home again.

If McKernnan was not out there with his 5 goals we would have been in more trouble ... Our other forwards went missing today.

Wundke looked unfit .

Thought our defense held up pretty well for once.

When I walked into the house after the game all
I said to Mrs Southee was " weak as pi$$"

... And we were!!! So very very disappointed with this loss and hurting badly!!!

Some key players down on form too today.

Must say Ty Allen was sensational for the Bays today ... One player inspired a team with his leadership and hunger that I believe went through the Bays side. He was outstanding and a great leader ... Something that South are lacking this year ....Leadership!!!! Noone when the chips are down are willing to take the game on and inspire others ....

2013 is slowly becoming a reality for us ...Sad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:20 pm

waddayamean wrote:Bayman some AFL clubs travel every second week . The travel issue is irrelevant IMO for south this game. Its generally not the travel its about playing a better side with a home ground advantage for most teams not travel in the AFL. South have been run over in a few games this year so its not an hour plane flight a week ago being the issue.

you might be right & i did think of the Norwood match today as it was a similar type of game (scoreboard wise) to yesterdays match
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 pm

so what happened to the American style 'on track' announcer during the games at Noarlunga ? thankgod they stopped that garbage
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:43 pm

bayman wrote:so what happened to the American style 'on track' announcer during the games at Noarlunga ? thankgod they stopped that garbage

A very nice change Smile

... May have seen the poll on the Panthers forum where South supporters voted.

Wink
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2