howthewestwaswon
blueandwhite
Adelaide Hawk
waddayamean
Big Phil
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Round 17: South v North - Sunday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 17: South v North - Sunday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Admin Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Round 17: South v North - Sunday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval 3486-300x123 V Round 17: South v North - Sunday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval North

Sunday 22 July
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

South are coming off the bye, but did have a strong away win over the Eagles prior to the bye, while North are coming off a big home loss to Port. Will South notch up a rare home win, or will North do what most other sides have done at Noarlunga and leave with the win?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 17: South v North - Sunday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 17: South v North - Sunday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Broadcast Details
- 107.9 LifeFM from 1:30pm

All Recent Encounters
- North have won 6 of the previous 8

Recent @ Hickinbotham Oval
- North have won 6 of the previous 8 encounters

Last edited by Big Phil on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 17: South v North - Sunday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 17: South v North - Sunday 22 July @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Can't see North winning it, so they probably will Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:38 pm

waddayamean wrote:Each game has 2 introductions as such .
All fixed now.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:48 pm

South will win. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 pm

You'd think South by a fair way here. North will be rattled from last week, but it won't be enough. South by 5-6 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:06 pm

There are 2 things that North Adelaide can't seem to do very well this year - one is consistently beat the bottom teams (Port twice, Sturt, Eagles out of 8 losses) and win regularly at home (2 wins against Eagles and Norwood out of 7 games). Yet they have 4 wins against teams above them, and 3 away wins out of 6, made Centrals work hard for a 1 goal win at Prospect, and should have beaten South in their first game after an acknowledged umpiring debacle. So, this week they play a team above them at an away ground against a team that has a poor home record. It all points to the Roosters! However, North would have to put in a better effort than they did last week. Surely coach Francou should not need to dress down the players after the half time roast he gave them last week. Currie, Gallman and Ryswyk will be better for the run, and Bennett's return will boost the midfield along with the 2 newbies fitting into the team plan. So I'm predicting (hoping) that North can win the game by about 20 points and put themselves back in the 5, and springboard into a successful remaining 6 games.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:16 pm

great game (i only saw the last 3 quarters) & South looked better in that time, i thought watching the game that Ainger was the key in the South loss they just needed another forward to bob up, i must mention Ryswyck who is usually an outside player & he put his body on the line courageously when it mattered most & the rest of his game was good too, Alleway was always dangerous but he should concentrate on footy instead of being (as Lou Richards would say) ''a he-man' (eg look at his back peddling mark very early last term & see what he did) no need for that, Wundke played a lone hand up forward, Murphy, Liddle & again the much underated Rolfe

enjoyed the day, game, but how poor was the crowd ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:36 pm

1,871 was the official crowd
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:39 pm

Well done Cock's, win against another team above us, just a shame can't beat any below Idea
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:49 pm

PhilH wrote:1,871 was the official crowd

I doubt that figure.

Would have been 1000 tops.

Bitterly disappointed with South.
Seriously, this home ground losing record is a utter joke!

Saw some pretty angry fans walk out the ground at the end of the game.

How much more can a South fan take ?? Sad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:56 pm

If we take anything out of today its that yet again for another season since 1964 we can again play the kids from the U/18 and Reserves lists in the League side and give them game time, its obvious South are yet again going to be the also rans of the SANFL for another season.

1871, poor crowd, yet hardly unsurprising, if the SAFC want people there, dispense with the American Style home ground promotions and win some games occasionally.... If South continue to serve up shite like that season after season, enjoy being the wealthiest club in the league with 500 there each fortnight...
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Southee Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:03 pm

No announcer there today.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Southee wrote:No announcer there today.

agree haven't heard him since the Norwood match, not announcing today or the Glenelg match & that's a good thing
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:07 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Can't see North winning it, so they probably will Smile

I was right!!! Geez, North and South, I haven't been able to pick either of them all season.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down