howthewestwaswon
Southee
bayman
Brucetiki
countrycousin
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Sturt v South at Unley on Saturday. Empty Sturt v South at Unley on Saturday.

Post by Admin Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:14 pm

Sturt at Unley, on form and location, suggests a comfortable Sturt win.

South are totally unpredictable and have some respectability to find.

If they perform poorly, it won't be a happy place to be, so we're expecting a greatly improved performance.

You'd think Sturt and that should be the result.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sturt v South at Unley on Saturday. Empty Re: Sturt v South at Unley on Saturday.

Post by countrycousin Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Sturt supporters and I would expect players too, know we've still got a long way to go, but hopefully we took a step in the right direction against Centrals. Not just the win itself, but the fact that we showed real improvement in some problem areas of our game. But it won't mean a thing if we don't follow it up against South at home (Probably in the wet) this week. I'm expecting a really tough, slogging encounter.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Sturt v South at Unley on Saturday. Empty Re: Sturt v South at Unley on Saturday.

Post by Brucetiki Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:06 pm

Based on the form of both sides so far this season, I think I might pick the winner of this one via the good ol chook lotto.

Sturt were sensational against Centrals in their last outing while South were very disappointing against South. However, both sides have had their good patches and their very ordinary patches this season so it will still be a tough game to pick. Winning form is good form though, so I will tip Sturt by 12 points.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:51 pm

this match will depend on two things, one who will play for Sturt & two, which South will turn up, i saw South last week so i'll tip Sturt
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:31 pm

After the embarrassing performance last week against Port - Sturt by 6 goals.

Im slowly losing all the faith I had in South this year.

Once again South promise and give hope to their loyal supporter base at the start of every year but once again have failed to only let them down once again.

To lose to Sturt this weekend you might as well shut the shop and turn the sign on the door saying "Closed for business.....we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - see you in 2013"!!!!! Sad

A bitterly disappointing year thus fair Evil or Very Mad
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Sturt by 5-6 goals at home.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Think South will come back stinging this week, South by 2 goals.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Bobby Carlisle a late inclusion for the Panthers. Shocked
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:34 pm

South $2.65 on tatts, even though i watched them last week & they were woeful, i have to take that price
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:49 pm

I lean towards South, which is bad news for them, I haven't picked right in South matches all season (or so it seems).

I just think South can match the Blues in midfield strength and give their forwards enough of the ball to kick a winning score.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Correct, AH.

South's forward line is as good as any in the league, with Wundke, Ainger and Rolfe and now McKernan.

I wonder if having a tall defender in Carlisle made a difference?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:44 pm

you beauty Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:59 pm

I guess it was a good win..
But it is amazing that in one match you can see a teams best in the first and last quarters and the same team offer up utter garbage during the middle quarters.
Carlisle was very high in our best players, strength,sure hands and magnificent use of the footy.Otten also played in defence and was serviceable, but not back to his best by a long shot.I thought Rediglos game was great too. South, when they decided to deliver the ball correctly also had McKernan ,Ainger and Wundke and at times Bass as targets , so for a change we had a spine with height and strength.
All in all a good win, and perhaps we are still alive..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:07 pm

how did Rolfe go ?

i reckon when he plays & indeed plays well he is the catalyst for South & the barometer on how they play, i think he is underrated in the football world
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:10 pm

bayman wrote:how did Rolfe go ?

i reckon when he plays & indeed plays well he is the catalyst for South & the barometer on how they play, i think he is underrated in the football world

I agree, he is a most underated player and we are certainly a better side when he is fit and firing.Started very well, but I believe he is a long way from full fitness, kicked 2-3 I think but spent extended time on the bench- injury I would suggest.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:12 pm

thanks
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:58 pm

A win is a win .....

Still not sold on a full game effort .

As B&W said ... To be at our best in the 1st and 4th quarters is great but to be below average in the 2nd and 3rd... Is a big concern on mental strength.

Rolfe is very underrated ... Needs to be fit though but when he plays for us we seem to go quite well.

Will enjoy the win but need to be alot more switched on to beat the legs, dogs and westies .

Least I'm in a good mood for once saturday night ... It's a nice change Smile
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:15 pm

I know how you feel, Southee, enjoy the win.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Not many were very confident at Panther Land this week, likely for good reason, Whilst perhaps some aspects of the game did not show imposing form, lets not forget that it also was an away win on a ground that we have been well and truly thumped on for a number of not so long ago occasions. Plenty to like about South Adelaide at the moment and I do think we will continue to improve this season!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down