Carlton  Empty Re: Carlton

Post by godoubleblues Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:11 pm

go the Blues
godoubleblues
godoubleblues

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Blues supporter also, should be in for a good year. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:34 pm

No offence to Carton Supporters, but watching Carlton belt the living suitcase out of Richmond in Round 1 to open the season is becoming excruciatingly embarrassing, could you guys at least consider giving them six goals in to start the match this time?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:12 am

testy wrote:

Blues supporter also, should be in for a good year. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

IMO Carlton are in danger of missing the finals. Ratten does not look safe at all. Shocked
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Some very fickle supporters at Carlton, I'm a Ratten fan so as far as I'm concerned I say get of his back.

Four weeks ago they were licking his boots now they want to sink them in Mad Still half the season to go and the last 2 games they have been beaten by 2 goals each game, they aren't playing that bad. But they do have a couple of hard ones to come (Hawks & Collingwood)
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:25 am

Not pushing Ratten to be sacked or anything! IMO many people thought Carlton would be a Top 4 side, especially after the opening rounds of the season. I was just wondering how many of the past losses, the board would have expected to win (I know you want to win every game) and how that would affect their thought processes.

Is the list not as good as many think?
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:34 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:IMO many people thought Carlton would be a Top 4 side, especially after the opening rounds of the season.

Many people viewed the seemingly tough draw Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn had and compared it with the easier draw of Carlton and considered that may be enough to squeeze them into the top 4. I think their list is okay, obviously lacking in some areas, but which club isn't, I just think their game style is too predictable and would be suspect in finals.

They really need a dominant midfield to pull it off, and the injury to Murphy, as well as Judd's loss of leg speed is not helping.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:41 pm

It comes down to lack of depth really, injuries to key players have killed off their chances this year.

They may find some form again as they get players back, but I think it will be all too late.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Poor old Juddy, had that look on his face after Friday night's game as if to say, "Why in hell did I ever leave West Coast?".
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:31 pm

As a mate whose opinion I respect considerably on football said to me on Saturday - the media are going to have the best go they can at getting rid of Brett Ratten for no apparent good reason.

They have crucial injuries. A skipper that is struggling under the sheer weight of carrying a team for too long. Too many players who display their best and worst in the space of a game, but I'm not sure how much Ratten can be held to account for that.

This looks a classic example of the media dictating that a coach must go.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Unfortunately CK, that appears to be the role of the media these days, which is why I have such dislike and mistrust of the media.

Speaking of media on a local front, I hear a media person declared the winner of this year's premiership .... geez, I hope he's right Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:14 pm

C.K wrote:As a mate whose opinion I respect considerably on football said to me on Saturday - the media are going to have the best go they can at getting rid of Brett Ratten for no apparent good reason.

They have crucial injuries. A skipper that is struggling under the sheer weight of carrying a team for too long. Too many players who display their best and worst in the space of a game, but I'm not sure how much Ratten can be held to account for that.

This looks a classic example of the media dictating that a coach must go.

I think you are spot on CK, Carlton set very high standards re there coaches and I do think that he is on a shaky ground at the moment. I really don't feel that he can do much more with the personell that he has and unfortunately there depth is being tested.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:58 pm

On a different note, it seems Carlton are to change their 'Sturt' guernsey next year.

From the age:
"Carlton has admitted it erred when it changed to that embarrassing pale blue clash strip. Club president Stephen Kernahan said on Friday night that the jumper was "dreadful" and that a new white and navy version was in the pipeline."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/diluting-bombers-tradition-a-disgrace-20120702-21ctq.html#ixzz1zSoFqefN
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:38 am

Switching away strips for AFL clubs has become as common place as sacking coaches. If they actually stuck with the pale blue jumpers, that would be news.

I don't agree that Ratten's doing all he can, his game style really isn't good enough to match it with the better teams. Their midfielders don't work anywhere near as hard as others when they haven't got the ball.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:16 pm

The story doing the rounds tonight is that Ratten is a dead man walking and Malthouse is set to get the gig.

Malthouse obviously has a point to prove still, but I can see this being another Dennis Pagan episode.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Gingernuts wrote:The story doing the rounds tonight is that Ratten is a dead man walking and Malthouse is set to get the gig.

Malthouse obviously has a point to prove still, but I can see this being another Dennis Pagan episode.

Media conference tomorrow morning and i'm sure it will be the demise of Brett ratten as coach of the Blues Sad
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:54 pm

yes, Ratten is gone, Malthouse almost certain to get it but they'll talk to P. Roos if he showed any interest...................this came from someone close to the scene
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:57 pm

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8854456

Carlton footballer Josh Bootsma has had his contract torn up by the club for engaging in inappropriate behaviour on social media.

Bootsma, who was drafted by the Blues in 2011, was informed of his sacking this afternoon.

It is not yet known what material he had sent online.

The Blues confirmed his sacking via a statement, saying he had breached the club's and the AFL's Code of Conduct. "The decision comes after a series of disciplinary issues with Bootsma that have compounded, and follows discussions with both Bootsma’s management and the AFL Players Association," the statement read.

Carlton's General Manager of Football Operations, Andrew McKay, described Bootsma's sacking as disappointing.

"The Carlton Football Club has high expectations of its players and staff; we expect them to uphold certain standards," McKay said.

"The Club has attempted to offer Josh numerous forms of welfare and support in recent times, however he has continuously not lived up to the standards expected of a senior listed AFL player.

"This latest issue has left the Club with no other choice but to take this course of action.

"Carlton players and staff receive education on both social media policy and AFL Code of Conduct on a regular basis."

Bootsma had played 14 games for Carlton over the past three years.

He was recruited from South Fremantle in the Western Australian Football League.

While he is hardly a household name in the AFL, his sacking is a further blow for one of the oldest clubs in the competition, which is enduring one of its worst seasons in a decade.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Reported on tonight's news that he sent nude photos of himself to a Carlton supporter.  Rolling Eyes 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:41 pm

Gees the Blues sure know how to pick them!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Gees the Blues sure know how to pick them!

all clubs get them, it is the nature of the beast, for the crows they got Laurence Angwin several years ago, who ironically ended up at Carlton  Laughing Laughing Laughing but seriously every club gets them, the only differences is how the clubs handle it
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:21 pm

Silly boy - well not really a boy I guess, should have probably known better.

Blue the chance at an opportunity that a lot of young guys would give their right arm for.

I wonder if his 'partner' is asking questions too - sending nude photos to 'a fan' when she is pregnant with his child. Naughty naughty.

A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:04 am

A Mum wrote:Silly boy - well not really a boy I guess, should have probably known better.

Blue the chance at an opportunity that a lot of young guys would give their right arm for.

I wonder if his 'partner' is asking questions too - sending nude photos to 'a fan' when she is pregnant with his child.  Naughty naughty.

A "Freudian" pun A Mum?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:51 am

lol - I wondered if anyone would pick that up    Smile 

A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows