12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Carlton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Carlton

Post by Paul Tue May 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Malthouse sacked
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue May 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Not much respect for Footy Club boards like Carlton who are p!ss poor in the way they handle these things.

Malthouse must be as frustrated to buggery and just wanted to get on with the job in the face of some deplorable list management decisions over the last few years. You can't trade away three 50 goal a season forwards and expect to kick enough scores to win consistently. Yes Mick is partly responsible for that, but they poached Silvagni back to arrest the slide in that department.

A few in the media who should know have queried the desire of the players. You look at a bloke like Gibbs - probably the barometer in being a senior player now and he looks disinterested in playing defense these days.

So the Pres comes out and says they are rebuilding a few weeks ago, Trigg says they are rebuilding, so surely that means expectations are lowered. But Mick says they aren't rebuilding and the Pres ain't happy.

First an end of season review, then it was to be after round 11 and now today he is out the door. That's pretty quick and seemingly reactive.

Mick is "off message" and the "trust" is eroded they say.

So is he sacked for being too vocal or because of their results?

It would seem the former, but give me a break. That just seems a knee jerk excuse to move him on to save face with members, media, all and sundry.

These guys like playing tiddly winks around the board table and Carlton are a joke. Trigg especially should just shut up and stay away from the microphones. His credibility ain't exactly rock solid.

Enter Worsfold (my surmising) I bet his odds shortened rather quickly this afternoon.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue May 26, 2015 7:39 pm

The last time Malthouse had a club with a  decent list was Collingwood
Collingwood/Malthouse won a Premiership together

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue May 26, 2015 9:01 pm

The worst thing is that these putzes think we don't see and understand what the real deal is with their decisions.

Like politics (oh god did I just say that?) is footy now run by PR consultants whose business it is to offer "damage control" platitudes and then consign the sordid details to history and move on.

What a jaded world we live in.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2