Adelaide v WC & Port v Carlton

5 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

Adelaide v WC & Port v Carlton Empty Adelaide v WC & Port v Carlton

Post by Gingernuts Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:29 am

So apparently Adelaide still might be able to make the 8. Laughing 

In all reality though this is a dead rubber between the two most disappointing sides in 2013. Fitting in a way. Although they beat Melbourne by 68 points last weekend, Adelaide did nothing to inspire me. If anything they just confirmed why they aren't playing finals this year, particularly in the first half.

Adelaide to lose by about 5 goals. No doubt they will race out to what should be a match winning lead, only to hand it back to WC with plenty of gift wrapped red time goals, handballs to the feet of teammates, long periods without winning a centre clearance, and bombs into the 50 direct to the opposition loose men.

Has 2013 left me jaded? Yes. Yes it has. Laughing 

As for Port, they will cash in on the emotion of the last game at Footy Park and get the job done against Carlton on the weekend.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Adelaide v WC & Port v Carlton Empty Re: Adelaide v WC & Port v Carlton

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:29 pm

West Coast have put the cue in the rack, but on current form your analysis will probably be spot on. It may be a case that the winner is the team that is least crap on the day.

I hope Port gets a good crowd at Footy Park and beats Carlton who have also underperformed this year. I think they have a few barren years ahead and Malthouse will struggle to get them to the finals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Gingernuts Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:29 am

Well it was very pleasing to see Adelaide close out the year strongly. West Coast were a bit of a shell of their normal selves with many injuries outs, but I expected them to put up a bit more of a fight still with the emotion of the retirements.

The Crows youngsters again impressed. Grigg's composure in traffic was exceptional. Luke Brown was also cool under pressure and I see this morning he earned a Rising Star nomination for his efforts, thoroughly deserved. Kerridge was good too as was Laird. And Crouch, lets not forget him. A supreme talent.

It was a tough year this year no doubt, but as far as player and longer term team development goes, 2013 was exceptional.

Despite the draft sanctions still to play out this year, I am very excited about what the future holds for this group of players.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:21 am

West Coast are akin to GWS at the moment. Not sure if it's a victory to get too excited about at the moment...
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down