All things for the Power reserves in 2024

+2
bayman
Flag No.10
6 posters

Go down

All things for the Power reserves in 2024 Empty All things for the Power reserves in 2024

Post by bayman Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:48 pm

Can they go further than fifth in 2024 & how many times will we hear childish whinging?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

All things for the Power reserves in 2024 Empty Re: All things for the Power reserves in 2024

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:33 pm

I don't seriously believe this is Port's last year in the SANFL (sadly), my thinking is that they couldn't possibly afford to play in the VFL and that this is a big bluff to have pressure brought to bear on the SANFL to accommodate them. They also have a contract in place with the SANFL.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

All things for the Power reserves in 2024 Empty Re: All things for the Power reserves in 2024

Post by bayman Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:06 pm

it'll happen & the Crows will go too.....

George Fiacchi was quoted in the advertiser a few Fridays ago in an article by Simeon Thomas Wilson & he said (paraphrasing) that while it will be sad to leave the sanfl they are uncompetitive & have to move on''

i haven't got the exact figures in front of me but i did when i sent a ''letter to the editor...have your say'' via text which did not get published

the basic thing was Port have played in 3 grand finals in 9 years & Adelaide in 4 Preliminary finals & both played in this years finals so that is hardly uncompetitive & BOTH played in this years finals....this years premiers have played in the same amount of grand finals as Port in the same time frame

i'll add from scratch Adelaide won a flag in 7 seasons, two in 8 seasons & Port took 8 seasons to win a flag.....perhaps they had football people running those franchises back then & not too many football people running them now.....when the present set up started we had the same argument (fair enough) so they get what they want & the same argument about player development is there now so in this near decade why haven't they developed these players ? because there is less & a lot less football people running them these days & rather than acknowledge there own shortcomings they blame everything on the outside
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:44 am

I'm over Port and all their whining.

The current set-up is because they wanted all their players together and they got it. And now they're complaining about that. Ok they had to make some concessions, but as Bayman says, they've been up there enough.

The SANFL is not Port's vehicle to AFL premiership success.

I guess they want conditions that guarantee they make the SANFL GF every year and then win most of them. All of them if you are a Port administrator!

Whilst sad for Port traditions and the many Port champions of the past who played such an important part in SANFL history, but if the current Port experts want to leave, I say, "hang on, I will open the door for you".

I think in many respects the SANFL has just become numb to the AFL's demands through Port / Crows. Without them, I think there is clearer territory to shape the SANFL to a new era. Maybe that might be a little less than it is now, maybe not, but at least it will be a fair competition with everyone playing by the same rules.

And then I might get more excited about the SANFL and football in general again.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:32 am

Agree Chambo, we should have moved on from them when they first joined the AFL.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:56 am

Flag No.10 wrote:Agree Chambo, we should have moved on from them when they first joined the AFL.

In fairness they wanted that and the sanfl wanted a “magpie team’’ in the competition
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:30 pm

Yes that is true.

And I have read and been part of many circular debates on this subject and who in fact the Port sanfl team actually is. And I don't want to rehash all of that over again.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:15 am

Good thread full of whinging about whinging.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:10 pm

Booney wrote:Good thread full of whinging about whinging.

So how do YOU complain about whinging?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:25 pm

At lease most of us have a CLUB in the SANFL and not a franchise reserves team, a sanfl competition will be a third tier competition but at least it’ll be fair and equitable, unlike the ballet’ football competition that has that many flaws in it it isn’t funny
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:16 pm

so you wont be on here next year then Very Happy
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:50 pm

blacky wrote:
so you wont be on here next year then Very Happy

I don’t think it’ll be next year….

I want to know when they get into the vfl and still don’t win premierships who are they going to blame then ?

Surely by then they would have run out lame excuses
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

I think they will still blame the sanfl because they really wanted to stay, but only under conditions that guaranteed finals EVERY year.

Port think and have for quite a lot of years that the sanfl is their play toy to achieve their sole goal of winning AFL flags.

Unfortunately all AFL clubs want conditions that facilitate all football leagues feeding their own agenda and not the greater good of footy in general.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I think they will still blame the sanfl because they really wanted to stay, but only under conditions that guaranteed finals EVERY year.

Port think and have for quite a lot of years that the sanfl is their play toy to achieve their sole goal of winning AFL flags.

Unfortunately all AFL clubs want conditions that facilitate all football leagues  feeding their own agenda and not the greater good of footy in general.

With out me getting attacked by Port or Crows fans . As the Crows are following along to what port want to happen as going into the VFL .
Most of you guys on here are much better informed than  me .
But what I see sitting in the outer so called Port fans do not show up to watch their seconds players or I could call them a worse name at oval ave it appears to be to far from Alberton oval on the outer 20 to 50 fans might be to many grand stands I can’t see if they are up there in their thousands Smile
Crows fans appear to be far worse than port a few fans only
Now I might not be up in the know as the experts here but I can only say what I’ve seen in previous years
Personally if the port head wants to leave good riddance I’ve known SANFL fans who refuse to go to the teams games when they play AFL seconds ( I want to say rejects ) sides
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down