C.K
Lee
robranisgod
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All things North Adelaide 2023 Empty All things North Adelaide 2023

Post by bayman Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:11 pm

Can the Roosters go one better in 2023 ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

All things North Adelaide 2023 Empty Re: All things North Adelaide 2023

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:18 pm

bayman wrote:Can the Roosters go one better in 2023 ?
Much depends as to whether they can recruit a ruckman who can be competitive against Boyd and Brooksby. If they do they would have the added bonus of being able to play Harvey in his correct position up forward. Also as mentioned in other posts, North did have a very good run with injuries until late in the year. Injuries. or lack of, will play a part next year.
I doubt that North will lose many players. Maybe Szekely might be rookie listed, but I can't see any other league players being drafted. I haven't heard of any other senior players going, unlike last year's mass exodus.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:33 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
Much depends as to whether they can recruit a ruckman who can be competitive against Boyd and Brooksby. If they do they would have the added bonus of being able to play Harvey in his correct position up forward. Also as mentioned in other posts, North did have a very good run with injuries until late in the year. Injuries. or lack of, will play a part next year.
I doubt that North will lose many players. Maybe Szekely might be rookie listed, but I can't see any other league players being drafted. I haven't heard of any other senior players going, unlike last year's mass exodus.
I agree with Rocket. North needs a competitive ruckman. Harvey is a very good footballer, but not a good ruckman. Surely they are searching Australia for one.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:54 pm

Almost every club in Australia is searching for a good ruckman.

If West lose young Oscar Steene to the draft, there is no-one else.

Cleeland will play local footy, so we're down to Babic.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:24 pm

Lee wrote:Almost every club in Australia is searching for a good ruckman.

If West lose young Oscar Steene to the draft, there is no-one else.

Cleeland will play local footy, so we're down to Babic.
South Adelaide seemed to manage to find one every year that Brooksby was not available and Norwood have done very well too recruiting ruckmen, having picked up Boyd from Shepparton and getting Knoll from South before that.
North just don't seem to have the same urgency to pick up a ruckman.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:01 pm

robranisgod wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:
I agree with Rocket. North needs a competitive ruckman. Harvey is a very good footballer, but not a good ruckman. Surely they are searching Australia for one.

I believe you’ve signed a ruckman & when you know the name you’ll understand why I’m very very pale at the moment
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:14 pm

bayman wrote:
robranisgod wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:

I believe you’ve signed a ruckman & when you know the name you’ll understand why I’m very very pale at the moment
I am going to the club shortly and will make some enquiries. I hope that the ruckman to whom you are referring is someone who trained at the club last year whilst "stuck" in Adelaide during COVID protocols. I have heard rumours about the said player playing at North but I will believe it when I officially hear that he has signed.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:45 pm

bayman wrote:
robranisgod wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:

Shades of Procol Harum?
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:50 pm

Apparently they’ve got Sam Mayes too
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:32 pm

bayman wrote:Apparently they’ve got Sam Mayes too

He'll go all white with the new ruck signing, then.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:38 pm

C.K wrote:
bayman wrote:
robranisgod wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:

Shades of Procol Harum?

Very clever CK
1967 ...
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:19 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Jesse White officially a Rooster

https://nafc.com.au/newsitem/7097

Wonder who the last recruit at League level would have been that turns 35 in the season?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:37 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Wonder who the last recruit at League level would have been that turns 35 in the season?

While Jesse White has played league footy elsewhere before this year, I reckon James Jones was 33 when he made his SANFL league debut at Glenelg, around 2014.
Bauman may be able to confirm.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:45 pm

C.K wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

While Jesse White has played league footy elsewhere before this year, I reckon James Jones was 33 when he made his SANFL league debut at Glenelg, around 2014.
Bauman may be able to confirm.
It was posted on another site that Fred Pemberton turned 36 during his only year of SANFL footy. RIG, as always, has the full story.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:40 pm

Hayden Bunton was 34 or 35 when he made his debut for Port…..I still find it astonishing that he’s not considered as one of the best players ever to represent Port, never ever spoken about in those conversations
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:05 pm

bayman wrote:Hayden Bunton was 34 or 35 when he made his debut for Port…..I still find it astonishing that he’s not considered as one of the best players ever to represent Port, never ever spoken about in those conversations
Hayden Bunton snr was born on 5th July 1911 so he was 33 when he debuted at Port and turned 34 during his year at Port.
That would place him currently third and soon likely to be fourth oldest debut for an SANFL club that has been identified so far.
The oldest is Fred Pemberton who was 35 and turned 36 during his only season at Glenelg, Jesse White will be second oldest that we have found so far, Max Parker was 34 when he debuted for North and then Bunton.
Interestingly Bunton didn't win Port's Best and Fairest in his only year for the club, the great Bob Quinn won it. Quinn also, of course, won the Magarey Medal that year, I guess that is why Bunton is never spoken of as a great of Port Adelaide.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:22 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
bayman wrote:Hayden Bunton was 34 or 35 when he made his debut for Port…..I still find it astonishing that he’s not considered as one of the best players ever to represent Port, never ever spoken about in those conversations
Hayden Bunton snr was born on 5th July 1911 so he was 33 when he debuted at Port and turned 34 during his year at Port.
That would place him currently third and soon likely to be fourth oldest debut for an SANFL club that has been identified so far.
The oldest is Fred Pemberton who was 35 and turned 36 during his only season at Glenelg, Jesse White will be second oldest that we have found so far, Max Parker was 34 when he debuted for North and then Bunton.
Interestingly Bunton didn't win Port's Best and Fairest in his only year for the club, the great Bob Quinn won it. Quinn also, of course, won the Magarey Medal that year, I guess that is why Bunton is never spoken of as a great of Port Adelaide.
Neil Kerley and Rick Davies were both 33 when they debuted for Glenelg and South Adelaide respectively. They were both younger than Bunton was when he made his debut for Port.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:38 pm

Oleg Markov delisted, if he doesn’t get a life line would he come back to North ? he’d be a huge boost in my opinion as I rate him highly
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:07 pm

bayman wrote:Oleg Markov delisted, if he doesn’t get a life line would he come back to North ? he’d be a huge boost in my opinion as I rate him highly

I would doubt that North could fit him into the Salary Cap. I know it has increased by $30,000 but given that there is not supposed to be any defections from North, the extra Salary Cap is likely to be taken up by Jesse White, Nutting and Sam Mayes.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:01 pm

North Adelaide have signed Matt McKenzie from West Adelaide.

Slightly surpirsed with Jesse White and Mitch Harvey already there as ruck options...

Maybe plays permanent forward or backs up white and allows big Mitch to roam closer to the small square.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:10 pm

Big Phil wrote:North Adelaide have signed Matt McKenzie from West Adelaide.

Slightly surpirsed with Jesse White and Mitch Harvey already there as ruck options...

Maybe plays permanent forward or backs up White and allows big Mitch to roam closer to the small square.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:59 pm

YES
They should have won in 2022
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:45 pm

There’s still plenty of time but the wheels seem to be off at the moment, any ideas why ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:39 am

bayman wrote:There’s still plenty of time but the wheels seem to be off at the moment, any ideas why ?
North had a huge injury list earlier in the season. At one stage they had 22 listed players out injured. They still have midfield quality out in Mayes and Moore.
They still lack a quality ruckman. Harvey is a good footballer, but he can't match Boyd of Brooksby. The Jesse White experiment so far has failed. A lot of North supporters think that the lack of a quality ruckman has cost North two flags.
And finally the question has to be asked, was Darren Reeves the brains of the outfit. He is doing well so far at the Bay.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:34 pm

4 points after halftime today, they played like a dispirited team & bar for the first 5-10 minutes were never in the hunt, I doubt they’ll play finals on todays effort, in saying that that is not disrespectful to West
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next