Flag No.10
rocket_rooster
Lee
Country Cock !
bayman
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

All things North Adelaide  2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: All things North Adelaide 2022

Post by bayman Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:03 pm

Bookies a month behind, North now favourite for the premiership (Ladbrokes, the only one up that I know off)
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

All things North Adelaide  2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: All things North Adelaide 2022

Post by Country Cock ! Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:02 pm

Nice % Booster today against the Eagles, we regain back top spot, be it by only % over Glenelg All things North Adelaide  2022 - Page 2 1920501681
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:13 pm

North looking pretty good, fair bit of talent.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:08 pm

Lee wrote:North looking pretty good, fair bit of talent.

Clearly the best team in the competition & you’d think (well I do anyway) that the open spaces of the Adelaide oval will suit them down to the ground, if the list stays healthy then they’ll be very hard to beat
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:40 am

From a post I made about 6 weeks or so ago where I had Adelaide, North and Glenelg in the top 3, I think North and then Glenelg are looking the strongest to get to the final dance.

Adelaide and an upsurging Norwood following.
These 2 are a bit inconsistent at the moment.
What Adelaide's ultimate agenda might be will dictate their destiny.

Sturt and the Eagles look like slugging it out for 5th.
These 2 seem even more inconsistent.

With the Blues, I just don't see enough scoring potential to be a contender if they make it to the finals.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:57 pm

Great achievement by North, didn't they lose a swag of talent from last year?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:05 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Great achievement by North, didn't they lose a swag of talent from last year?

North certainly did lose a swag of players over the summer. Allmond, Clisby, Schwarz, Smith, Hender, R Young and Barns were all premiership players. J Craig, Hartung, B Jarman and Chalmers were all Grand Final players, Mercovich played well in his only season last year and 3 juniors were drafted. Despite Bayman and Scrappy's optimism, most North supporters didn't give North much chance given the quality that had left the club. We certainly underestimated the recruiting and also the season that most of North's key midfielders are having. Also without realising it at the time, many of the departing players were past their peak.
Of the recruits, van Huisstede, Grubb, Elbrow, Patmore and Lockyer have all been excellent. Thorne has played well in his only 2 games and looks to be a future regular and Gowers and Brazell have played seniors.
Additionally Hilder, Finlay and Magor have developed into fine league footballers and McInerney, who played so well in the 2018 Grand Final has finally regained fitness and has returned to that form.
Importantly, too, North haven't had many injuries. Andrew Moore is the only key midfielder who has missed much football. I think that Young, C Combe, Wigg and Harvey have played every game.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:14 pm

I won’t speak for Scrappy but for me the jury was out pre season with ins & outs, however after watching them 2 or 3 times over the first 6 rounds it was quite obvious they are a good side & right now are the best team in the competition, I think their explosive running game will be very suited to the open spaces of the Adelaide oval…..the dangers are obvious in Glenelg & Norwood, with Norwood I think that with the inclusion of Surman has made them a genuine chance, he has structurally straightened them up & like North are very well coached, Glenelg has a team good enough on their day but while there’s been a great quarter here & there to get out of trouble we’ve only seen 2 impressive performances, versus Sturt & the Eagles at the bay, I know the win loss record is very good but tactically I think our coach is poor, he’s definitely lost the battle in the coaches box even though the team has won several games, as for Adelaide I’d presume those leaving or the bigger names will not play for a variety of reasons, operations and staying fit the two most obvious
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:13 pm

bayman wrote:I won’t speak for Scrappy but for me the jury was out pre season with ins & outs, however after watching them 2 or 3 times over the first 6 rounds it was quite obvious they are a good side & right now are the best team in the competition, I think their explosive running game will be very suited to the open spaces of the Adelaide oval…..the dangers are obvious in Glenelg & Norwood, with Norwood I think that with the inclusion of Surman has made them a genuine chance, he has structurally straightened them up & like North are very well coached, Glenelg has a team good enough on their day but while there’s been a great quarter here & there to get out of trouble we’ve only seen 2 impressive performances, versus Sturt & the Eagles at the bay, I know the win loss record is very good but tactically I think our coach is poor, he’s definitely lost the battle in the coaches box even though the team has won several games, as for Adelaide I’d presume those leaving or the bigger names will not play for a variety of reasons, operations and staying fit the two most obvious

I certainly wasn't criticising you or Scrappy, but more noting that you two seemed to spot that North were a good side earlier than most North supporters.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:57 pm

rr, I Didn’t think you were criticising at all, I was just answering your post
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:04 pm

i heard a whisper that a very prominent poster had quite a collect on the Roosters today and is in line for another payout should the Roosters win the flag, i hope he collects that bet, too.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:20 pm

Hmmm, prominent poster who likes a wager?

No idea who that could be.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:31 am

Of interest will be if NA play AC in a final
AC have won both encounters this season
NA did have a 'bug' the first loss, and the second loss was at a country venue
The 3rd match, if so, will be played at Adelaide Oval , which could be construed as a home ground for AC
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:18 pm

Scrappy wrote:Of interest will be if NA play AC in a final
AC have won both encounters this season
NA did have a 'bug' the first loss, and the second loss was at a country venue
The 3rd match, if so, will be played at Adelaide Oval , which could be construed as a home ground for AC

The crows side won’t be as strong as either of those two games
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:50 am

I just wonder how fair dinkum the Crows will be in a few week's time, when they will have blokes going under the knife in preference to playing for the sanfl side if they have qualified.

I still just shake my head at this whole afl side in the sanfl set up.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:21 am

Well done North, 1st Minor Premiership since 1989 and the important week off tongue
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:09 am

Country Cock ! wrote:Well done North, 1st Minor Premiership since 1989 and the important week off tongue
I wouldn't get too carried away with finishing minor premier. We all know how 1989 ended up. In my lifetime North have previously finished minor premier 8 times, in 1958, 1967, 1971, 1972, 1985, 1986, 1987 and 1989 and only won the premiership in 3 of those years.
On the other hand North won flags in 1960, 1991 and 2018, but once again in was common knowledge that North were the team to beat in 1991 and could not risk being minor premier because of the quirks of the draw in a 9 team comp which meant North had a bye in the last minor round.
As an aside a West supporter told me that they have only ever finished minor premier twice but have won 9 flags.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:33 pm

Playing it down a bit rig, North are the team the other four teams have to beat, they are clearly the best team in the finals series, the bigger oval suits them to a tee & to get beaten everything will have to go right for any of the other four teams (imho)
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:26 pm

bayman wrote:$6.00 to go top with Ladbrokes tonight, after the spinning wheel & sent to a trader a $100.00 bet was accepted, I’ve now backed them at $10.00, $9.00, $7.00 and $6.00

While there is a long way to go North should favourite for the flag at the moment & I think they should be around the 5/2 mark

Definitely great value

You are a genius, Bayman. You spotted North so early in the season. You should be able to lay off on North's Grand Final opponents now. North would have to be about $1.70 to win the flag now.
I am certainly not getting ahead of myself, but once again the midfield was awesome.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:15 pm

What a great win North, 3rd Granny in 5 years All things North Adelaide  2022 - Page 2 1920501681
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:00 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
bayman wrote:$6.00 to go top with Ladbrokes tonight, after the spinning wheel & sent to a trader a $100.00 bet was accepted, I’ve now backed them at $10.00, $9.00, $7.00 and $6.00

While there is a long way to go North should favourite for the flag at the moment & I think they should be around the 5/2 mark

Definitely great value

You are a genius, Bayman. You spotted North so early in the season. You should be able to lay off on North's Grand Final opponents now. North would have to be about $1.70 to win the flag now.
I am certainly not getting ahead of myself, but once again the midfield was awesome.

Certainly not a genius but with me I obviously watch Glenelg every week & go to other games when they’re spread out over a weekend & to me I thought & still do believe that North are the best team in the competition & they play a great style of football & with the second semi it was evident that the message came out to take the game on & go forward at all costs & it worked & got them back into the game & eventual winners

Dare I say “Go the Roosters”
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:41 pm

I just realized this could be a huge year for North, they could get the premiership double on Sunday week & remember they won the womens’ gand final this year too
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:00 pm

bayman wrote:I just realized this could be a huge year for North, they could get the premiership double on Sunday week & remember they won the womens’ gand final this year too

Including the u18s and the Stanley Lewis trophy for all grades All things North Adelaide  2022 - Page 2 1920501681
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:15 pm

Well done by North.

West have never looked likely to win the Lewis trophy ever.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:10 am

Lee wrote:Well done by North.

West have never looked likely to win the Lewis trophy ever.

I’m tipping West to be the big improvers next year & at worst will be knocking on the door of a finals spot & agree with Lee in congratulating North
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next