Lee
Country Cock !
bayman
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

All things North Adelaide  2022 Empty All things North Adelaide 2022

Post by bayman Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:16 pm

North looks to be recruiting nicely enough to cover the losses of experienced players, will they be around the mark again ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

All things North Adelaide  2022 Empty Re: All things North Adelaide 2022

Post by Country Cock ! Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:38 am

Nup All things North Adelaide  2022 3349184707
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:10 pm

Lost a few, do you think they'll struggle, cc?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:43 am

Lee wrote:Lost a few, do you think they'll struggle, cc?

Yeah. lost a lot of experienced players who have played a lot of games, buy we do have a lot of young guys who we have recruited that are suppose to be pretty good ! All things North Adelaide  2022 1344700888
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:11 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:

Yeah. lost a lot of experienced players who have played a lot of games, buy we do have a lot of young guys who we have recruited that are suppose to be pretty good ! All things North Adelaide  2022 1344700888
On what I have seen of Jacob Bauer is that he is a bit better than "pretty good". I was told over the summer that one of the recruits was a gun. It must be Bauer. My fear after seeing him in the last two games is that he will be lost to North in the mid year draft. That is how good he looks.
North have actually surprised me. They are 2 and 1 and I disregard the loss to the Crows because North were decimated with Covid protocols and injuries and the Crows had their strongest possible Reserves side. The Crows team was certainly stronger than the one they fielded last night.
North's midfield of Young, the Combe brothers, Wigg and with Andrew Moore to come back from injury soon, matches most, if not all of the other clubs midfields. North's forward line also looks potent with Ramsay, Hilder and now Bauer as tall targets. I think North may be one key defender short when it comes to playing the top sides. Sure, C Craig is to come back and Wilsdon seems to be holding his own at full back but it would have been good to have kept Tanner Smith. Alex Spina is holding the defence together and Magor looks to have improved markedly. I would also like to have seen a ruckman step up as support for Harvey.
I thought prior to the start of the season that North would finish somewhere between fourth and eighth with eighth more likely.
It is early days I know, but given a fair run with injuries I would revise the estimate as to finishing somewhere between third and sixth
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:25 am

Didn't Wilsdon kick a bag in his first few games? Now at fu back. Necessity for balance?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:33 pm

Lee wrote:Didn't Wilsdon kick a bag in his first few games? Now at fu back. Necessity for balance?
He kicked 8 goals against Central last year, yet only kicked 15 goals for the season. Other than that game and perhaps South at Noarlunga last year where he scored 3 goals he looked more at home in defence.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon May 09, 2022 7:39 am

[quote="rocket_rooster"]
Country Cock ! wrote:

North's midfield of Young, the Combe brothers, Wigg and with Andrew Moore to come back from injury soon, matches most, if not all of the other clubs midfields.

I now think North's midfield is as good as any in the league. North won the midfield easily yesterday, but Glenelg were much more potent up forward and much more structured in defence.
North probably need a classy crumbing forward. McInerney is starting to return to his 2018 form after a horrendous run with injuries and I would still find a place for LeBois. Grubb and Minervini have been outstanding with their forward pressure but I don't see either as a small forward who could kick 4 or 5 goals in a match. I hope that I am wrong.
And onto other matters I was so disappointed with the media last night. Channel 7 spent 10 minutes on sport on their 6 p.m. news and didn't even mention the scores for the game, let alone show 30 seconds or so of highlights. 5AA never gave a SANFL score in the hour or so that I was listening to the Crows game.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon May 09, 2022 9:45 am

rocket_rooster wrote:
And onto other matters I was so disappointed with the media last night. Channel 7 spent 10 minutes on sport on their 6 p.m. news and didn't even mention the scores for the game, let alone show 30 seconds or so of highlights. 5AA never gave a SANFL score in the hour or so that I was listening to the Crows game.
[/quote]

And if you were running the SANFL wouldn't you be all over that today, either protesting loudly about it or doing something more diplomatic to ensure some coverage? It's the meek acceptance of this sort of scenario that worries me most.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon May 09, 2022 2:01 pm

Great win u Cocks to celebrate our 100 years at Prossy Shocked
Going along nicely, a lot better than me & most thought !
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 10, 2022 8:29 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:

And if you were running the SANFL wouldn't you be all over that today, either protesting loudly about it or doing something more diplomatic to ensure some coverage? It's the meek acceptance of this sort of scenario that worries me most.[/quote]

We’ll be all dead & buried when this happens but there will be basically be no mention at all in the media of the sanfl & you’ll get scores in the paper much like the bowls, pigeon racing & district cricket scores etc are now
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed May 11, 2022 7:50 pm

The SANFL will get wide coverage soon, with the Mid Fear Draft
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu May 12, 2022 9:03 pm

RR, I watched North's game and agree with you about your midfield, particularly Wigg who was really good.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty Segall Thu May 12, 2022 9:44 pm

I wouldn't say that Wigg is the best player in the comp but he can be the most damaging.
I would put a tag on him
Ty Segall
Ty Segall

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Tue May 24, 2022 7:46 pm

What a great win by u Cocks against the equal top side, in a % booster against another top 5 team, we have beaten them all now except Adelaide in the top 5 ! All things North Adelaide  2022 1920501681
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 24, 2022 8:41 pm

still $7.00 & $7.25 around the place to go top, seems great value to me, especially looking at their next six matches, there's no reason (barring covid or a long injury list) why they couldn't win all 6 but even if it was 5 wins they would have consolidated their spot in the top 3

the top two favourites Glenelg & Wwt are way too short, no value & no certainty to be a top 3 team, especially Glenelg who a struggling & likely to lose Turner (Adelaide) & Durdin (Carlton) in next weeks debacle of a draft
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed May 25, 2022 8:35 am

Seems to me to be;
Adelaide and North
daylight
Glenelg and Sturt
Eagles & Norwood
daylight
The rest.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Wed May 25, 2022 7:03 pm

I am surprised that you think that there is daylight between Adelaide, North and the other contenders. Glenelg came fro 7 goals down to beat Adelaide and lost to North by 2 points at Prospect after leading all day.
Additionally North apparently will lose Jacob Bauer in the mid season draft.
Having said all that I do think North are over the odds. I did take the $10 on offer last week.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri May 27, 2022 8:58 am

Well perhaps a little daylight.
Was using Bayman's previous comments about the Bays fortunate results and close calls. And Sturt haven't really beaten anyone in the top 5. Still yet to play Eagles (this weekend - a good test of where we are) and Adelaide who seem pretty potent this year.

However, after Norwood whose form has been a bit patchy, there is daylight to the rest.

I guess in a few weeks once the first full round of teams playing each other has occurred, we might see if this pattern is accurate.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sat May 28, 2022 11:53 am

Big test today against ports reserves afll listed, full time footballers.

Even though its at Alberton, we normally play welll there, are record is pretty good.

Good luck you Cocks All things North Adelaide  2022 1344700888
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun May 29, 2022 7:45 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:Big test today against ports reserves afll listed, full time footballers.

Even though its at Alberton,  we normally play welll there, are record is pretty good.

I believe that North have easily the best record of any opponent of Port at Alberton.
Perhaps it is because North don't have to drive past the Cheltenham Cemetery
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 29, 2022 10:58 pm

$6.00 to go top with Ladbrokes tonight, after the spinning wheel & sent to a trader a $100.00 bet was accepted, I’ve now backed them at $10.00, $9.00, $7.00 and $6.00

While there is a long way to go North should favourite for the flag at the moment & I think they should be around the 5/2 mark

Definitely great value
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Mon May 30, 2022 7:40 am

rocket_rooster wrote:
Country Cock ! wrote:Big test today against ports reserves afll listed, full time footballers.

Even though its at Alberton,  we normally play welll there, are record is pretty good.

I believe that North have easily the best record of any opponent of Port at Alberton.
Perhaps it is because North don't have to drive past the Cheltenham Cemetery

You are right about North's record at Alberton. I am an old man of 67 years of age, but I have seen North win at Alberton on 26 occasions. I doubt that most teams have won there that many times in their history.
All I can think is that Alberton's sandy soil has always suited North's traditional hard running, long kicking high marking style.
Getting back to yesterday's game, North midfield absolutely blitzed Port's midfield with Aaron Young dominating. Aaron Young and Harrison Wigg would be almost tied for the lead in the Magarey Medal at the moment. In addition Campbell Combe is playing to his usual standard and Sam McInerney is finally returning to his 2018 finals form after an horrific run with injuries.
Andrew Moore is still to come back to the midfield.
I still think North are maybe a key forward and a key back away from being favourite for the flag, but they are playing much better than any North supporter expected.
I agree with RR and others who think that North has the best midfield in the comp,
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon May 30, 2022 11:46 am

Have to disagree with a part of the RIG post
Bayman and myself snapped up the $10 NA flag early season
So we expected NA to be a contender this season
We both had North Adelaide 2nd favs behind Glenelg
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down