Thebarton Oval becomes Adelaide Airport Stadium

5 posters

Go down

Thebarton Oval becomes Adelaide Airport Stadium Empty Thebarton Oval becomes Adelaide Airport Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 pm

On this quiet Easter Monday night, and while watching Airport (the 1970 film), it lead me to the Adelaide Airport website to see how their redevelopment is going, and see that the naming rights deal with Thebarton Oval has been confirmed, with it to be known as Adelaide Airport Stadium.

http://www.adelaideairport.com.au/assets/pdfs/media-releases/nr%20-%20Thebby%20Oval%20naming%20rights%2003%2012.pdf

I've heard some rumblings on various football forums that this was happening, so this news could be older than the old terminal, but thought I would put it up for discussion.

Might get a bit interesting if someone says, 'Yeah Team A is playing Team B at Adelaide Airport Stadium' and they head to the airport in an attempt to look for a football stadium.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Thebarton Oval becomes Adelaide Airport Stadium Empty Re: Thebarton Oval becomes Adelaide Airport Stadium

Post by PhilH Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:13 pm

There was no signage at the ground on the 23rd and I doubt any media covering the SANFL were made aware of this change.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Thebarton Oval becomes Adelaide Airport Stadium Empty Re: Thebarton Oval becomes Adelaide Airport Stadium

Post by Sabre Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:26 pm

Shocked
Strewth!
There’s a disaster just waiting to happen!
Let’s hope no pilots get confused !
Wink
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:32 am

Why would Adelaide Airport need to advertise? If you want to fly somewhere you're pretty much going to go to Adelaide Airport aren't you?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:25 am

Not the first airport to obtain the naming rights to a ground. In the VFL, Werribee's home ground is known as 'Avalon Airport Oval'

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 am

At least they have competition, and are a new airport for commercial passenger flights.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:08 am

PhilH wrote:There was no signage at the ground on the 23rd and I doubt any media covering the SANFL were made aware of this change.

Interesting that the press release was dated the same day as the Eagles v Port game at Thebby...

Nothing was mentioned by the broadcaster during that game about the new stadium name because, as far as I was aware, the station was never informed of this change.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down