Round 15: Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 9 July @ Thebarton Oval (Aldi Arena)

+5
bayman
PhilH
Chambo Off To Work We Go
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 15: Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 9 July @ Thebarton Oval (Aldi Arena) Empty Round 15: Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 9 July @ Thebarton Oval (Aldi Arena)

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:53 pm

Adelaide (4th 7-4 54.33%) v Sturt (1st 10-1 57.48%)
Saturday 9 July
Thebarton Oval

League: 2:10pm
Note: Sturt's Reserves will take on Norwood's Reserves at Coopers Stadium at 7:40pm Friday 8 July

For the first time in their SANFL history, Adelaide will have a metropolitan home game, and a home game against a side other than Port, as the spiritual home of West Torrens becomes home for a different kind of bird.  Will Adelaide christen their latest SANFL 'home' in style, or will Sturt spoil the party?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 9 July @ Thebarton Oval (Aldi Arena) Empty Re: Round 15: Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 9 July @ Thebarton Oval (Aldi Arena)

Post by bayman Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:17 pm

is Sturt happy that the game is at Thebarton ?

Adelaide to win by a point
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 9 July @ Thebarton Oval (Aldi Arena) Empty Re: Round 15: Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 9 July @ Thebarton Oval (Aldi Arena)

Post by Southee Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:59 pm

bayman wrote:is Sturt happy that the game is at Thebarton ?

Adelaide to win by a point

They would be happy ! Sold one of their games to Adelaide (so they can have a home game!) - yes, no home games for Adelaide agreed by all other SANFL clubs but thanks to Sturt the goal posts change.

Would not go near this game even if they paid me !

Disgraceful !
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:16 am

I don't understand why Adelaide would want to buy a game at Thebarton anyway.
Hardly a home game as such.

Sturt do seem to be falling all over themselves to accommodate the Crows.
"Happy to have them" I think were the words I read recently.

If it has moved away from Unley maybe the club is happy with some extra coin, but I'm not thrilled with it.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:45 am

ST 20
EG 18
SA 18
AC 14
CD 14

A loss could cost Sturt a Minor Premiership , and the perks of finishing top for finals
Pre-season not many expected ST to be top with a 10-1 record
However
This now becomes one of the most important games for the rest of this season
As of NOW
If I was a Sturt barracker I would not be thrilled playing this match away from Unley Oval

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:55 am

For all intents and purposes this is a Sturt home game moved to Thebarton and marketed as an Adelaide home game.

Sturt get the gate and catering revenue
Sturt home game members get in as part of the membership

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-07-05/crows-fly-to-thebby-

If, at the end of the day, it attracts more Crows supporters to the game, who would then, in turn, attend more Crows SANFL matches elsewhere, creating a bit more colour and atmosphere at games, it's a good thing right?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by UncleHuey Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:50 pm

Might be a case of seeing how many Crows supporters turn up and the Crows then try to buy a few "home games" a season.

Think the Double Blues will win this.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:39 pm

With the temporary outside fencing and marquees etc it probably costs Sturt more to put on a home game at Unley than any other club. An interesting experiment.

Round 15: Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 9 July @ Thebarton Oval (Aldi Arena) Lifefm11
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:39 pm

Not "probably" it does.
But that situation is improving albeit slowly.

Does anyone know if some money has been spent at Thebarton in recent times?
I thought it was out of commission as the stand wasn't in good enough shape and even fenced off for a while.

But they have the saafl finals there don't they?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Crowd 3,123 by far the highest of the round, but probably what you would have expected at Unley.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Will Sturt rue the 2 goal loss by finals time? After all they're always a 3 or 4 goal better team at Unley
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:41 pm

PhilH wrote:Crowd 3,123 by far the highest of the round, but probably what you would have expected at Unley.

So what was the point then ?
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Scrappy Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:03 pm

" It would have been a scrappier game at Unley
We've got to play Central at Central, South at South and Eagles away- all BIG grounds- so it was probably the best thing for us playing there
Finals, BIG grounds, the next month we play the top sides on their home grounds which are quite BIG grounds."

By
Martin Mattner
As reported to the press after the match

I can accept the BIG ground philosophy
But it was not necessary to use my username to describe what might have happened at Unley Oval
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by William Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:41 pm

The crowd was 3,123, how many of these were crows supports? (some of the 4,000) attending games) and would the crowd have been increased by the junior carnival before the game?
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down