Round 14: Centrals v Sturt - Saturday 22 July @ Peter Motley Oval

3 posters

Go down

Round 14: Centrals v Sturt - Saturday 22 July @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Round 14: Centrals v Sturt - Saturday 22 July @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Centrals v Sturt
Saturday 22 July
Peter Motley Oval

Reserves: 11:00am
League: 1:40pm

Centrals had one of their best games of the season in defeating Port, while Sturt failed to stop the Eagles juggernaut. Will Centrals continue their good form, or will Sturt bring them back to earth?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 14: Centrals v Sturt - Saturday 22 July @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 14: Centrals v Sturt - Saturday 22 July @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Sturt are vulnerable after yesterday's bruising encounter, I think their class may get them over the line by 3 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 14: Centrals v Sturt - Saturday 22 July @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 14: Centrals v Sturt - Saturday 22 July @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Centrals will rue a slow first quarter where they were outscored into a decent breeze. The other three quarters were dominated by the side with the breeze and Sturt won by 5 goals.

A couple of interesting bits of the game. First in the third quarter there something seemed to happen between a Dogs player and a member of the Sturt cheer squad, resulting in the Centrals player throwing one of the floggers out of reach, and the cheer squad member mouthing off. It looked like the Centrals player was tangled in the flogger retrieving the ball from a Sturt behind, and it appeared a flogger was shoved towards said Centrals player, resulting in the above response. If a member of the Sturt cheer squad has done this, that is really disappointing in light of the club's continued effort to clean up the antisocial element of that group.

Second, late in the game, Jack Osborn felled a Dogs player after disposal resulting in a downfield free kick to Centrals. The ensuring scuffle sees Centrals awarded another 25m and Butcher nailed his fifth. Osborn is then taken off the field under the blood rule (the ump definitely made a blood rule signal). Some rumours were going around saying he's been sent off for being reported twice, but he was also donning an orange vest (indicating Sturt had used their full interchange cap). Several Sturt players were seen remonstrating with the umpires post game. I thought the send off rule for 2 reports had been abolished in the SANFL, so I suspect he's gone off under the blood rule which took Sturt to their interchange limit.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down