Flag No.10
Feathers
bayman
Big Phil
whybother
19 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions

Post by mickyj Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Premiers wrote:Where's Bernie Vince in his retirement? Happily living in Melbourne enjoying life after football and entrenched in a Melbourne job? Would have been very handy for 2 seasons with the Eagles to finish up.

So we might have 4 categories at present with more to add:
Jimmy
1.Strong Possibilities - Cam Sutcliffe, Jimmy Toumpas           (draft dependent)
2.Less Likely-              Michael Karpany
3.Rumoured Possibility- Hannath (200cm) ruckman from Centrals. Played 2nd to Darcy Fort this year. If Fort is AFL listed, Centrals would want to keep Hannath or charge an excessive fee to the Eagles. Haven't seen enough of Hannath to know whether he is good enough to also play that big forward role that we badly need.
4.Dream - Jesse Lonergan (nephew)

Might be struggling to find the money so hopefully the player's attachment to the club (not Hannath's) can help a little.

Hannath's rumour is interesting some central's fans have said online he's left and going to the Eagles, I won't name a central fan whose on this site and another that's written Eagles . Meanwhile some Sturt fans are hoping he is going to them.
And some central's fans are in disbelief something about not getting along with the coach and saying he tried to come to us last year .
I'm thinking it's a bit like a soap Opera at present .
Queue someone who actually knows what's really going on .
Nason is supposedly with the Eagles nothing from oval ave.

But it's the off season some footy forums and SANFL fans Facebook pages make interesting reading . As does SA Sporting life.
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions  - Page 3 Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions

Post by Lee Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Someone said he didn't see eye to eye with Roy Laird.

Perhaps he would if Roy stood on a box.

Boom Boom!

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:39 pm

Lee wrote:Someone said he didn't see eye to eye with Roy Laird.

Perhaps he would if Roy stood on a box.

Boom Boom!

I read that but thought I better not say it .
At this stage we have no idea if he has come to the Eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Mickyj,
If Ben Nason can't make Centrals league team and is given away, the Eagles are hardly going to announce him as a recruit - perhaps road-test him in the trials and then decide whether it's better to allot his Seconds place to a developing U18 youngster.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:17 am

Premiers wrote:Mickyj,
If Ben Nason can't make Centrals league team and is given away, the Eagles are hardly going to announce him as a recruit - perhaps road-test him in the trials and then decide whether it's better to allot his Seconds place to a developing U18 youngster.

You Could be right
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:23 am

mickyj wrote:

You Could be right
Of course he's correct. Are WWT going to pay a transfer fee for someone to play B-grade especially with so much upcoming talent from a U18 premiership.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:47 am

goddy11 wrote:
mickyj wrote:

You Could be right
Of course he's correct. Are WWT going to pay a transfer fee for someone to play B-grade especially with so much upcoming talent from a U18 premiership.

We have in the past Goddy the name Templeton springs to mind .
And Nason was mentioned on the sa sporting Life picture in Eagles Top .

I'm just waiting to hear what's actually going on with the Eagles .
Seems Centrals fans know more than we do.
The other thing New coach and players are coming Smile
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:14 am

INS
TOUMPAS
NASON

OUTS
BORHOLM
FREDERICK
LUKOSIUS
MINNEY
PUDNEY
STEWART

Paul Stewart[Retired] a brilliant footballer , he could have played on for another 1-2 years in my opinion , will be missed
Jack Lukosius [Gold Coast] should end up being a 100+ game forward in the AFL

Hes back, Jimmy Toumpas , was an exciting junior at the club , and could end up a top 5 finish medal poller in 2019
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:21 am

Scrappy wrote:INS
TOUMPAS
NASON

OUTS
BORHOLM
FREDERICK
LUKOSIUS
MINNEY
PUDNEY
STEWART

Paul Stewart[Retired] a brilliant footballer , he could have played on for another 1-2 years in my opinion , will be missed
Jack Lukosius [Gold Coast] should end up being a 100+ game forward in the AFL

Hes back, Jimmy Toumpas , was an exciting junior at the club , and could end up a top 5 finish medal poller in 2019

Paul Stewart will be missed . I noticed how he was one of the Eagles on field generals .
Leader by example .
Sorry he has retired .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:14 pm

He is a new player scrappy

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Jesse Lonergan.

Coming off the back of Jimmy Toumpas confirming his Oval Avenue return last week, Jesse Lonergan is set to play under the guidance of his uncle Sam Lonergan.

Measuring in at 184cm and 91kg, Jesse featured in 60 AFL games for the Gold Coast Suns after being selected at Pick No.13 in the 2012 AFL National Draft. Originally from Tasmania, Jesse arrived in Adelaide for the first time yesterday and threw himself straight into training, taking part in the 2km time trial.

On Jesse's signing coach Sam Lonergan said, "It's great to be able to work with Jesse in a football capacity. He will be a great addition to the Club. His work rate and appetite to compete will help set standards and drive to the team towards the ultimate success."

The Club is also pleased to announce the signing of ex-Richmond forward Ben Nason, 28, who has also crossed over to play for the Eagles in 2019, having previously played for Central District and Glenelg.

Nason, who measures in at 179cm and 80kg, knows the new Eagles mentor well as he played with Sam Lonergan at the Bays before moving back to the Bulldogs.

Please join us in welcoming Jesse and Ben
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:49 pm

North and Norwood have lost a lot of good players
South looks to weakened a fair bit
Those 2017 finals teams might need to recruit well from here on
Woodville West Torrens have most available from last season
Could it be the year of the Eagle in 2019 ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:47 pm

Scrappy wrote:North and Norwood have lost a lot of good players
Those 2017 finals  teams might need to recruit well from here on

Only time will tell .

But scrappy New coach changing up Styles like pace on every line .
For an Eagles fan hopefully.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:49 pm

mickyj wrote:

Only time will tell .

The Eagles have to develop a game plan to thwart 19 players on the opposition side. Very Happy
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:56 pm

goddy11 wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Only time will tell .

The Eagles have to develop a game plan to thwart 19 players on the opposition side.  Very Happy
Very true Goddy Smile
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:02 pm

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoNSFFhyEi8

Skip the ad :
For Micky and Goddy ...
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:06 pm

Good, signing Lonergan, especially after missing out on Sutcliffe.

Addressing Scappy's comment "... year of the Eagle in 2019" : no chance unless we can average 14-15 goals per match when for the past 3-4 years, we've rarely kicked 15 goals in any match.

Now this might change with

1. a more offensive game plan after being the best defensive team for a few years to no avail. (New coach)

2. better midfielder dominance and delivery to our forward line (? whether the signing of midfielders Toumpas and Lonergan address that)
3. better personel up forward. Jack Hayes is our only key tall and does a mighty job for someone only 192cm. We badly need a mobile tall forward 194-195cm to take opposition's sole attention away from Jack. Hopefully, there is another signing for this type of player. We are a very short team around the flanks, wings and midfield but ironically these players are amongst our best -trouble is, when we play them all, much taller teams like North, Norwood and Sturt have an easy aerial advantage. I'm talking about players like Boyd, Poole, Petrenko, Johannsen, Haylock, Goldsworthy, Sinor and now Toumpas, all very good players. As an example, Godden tried to address our short midfield centre bounce lineup late last season by having both Hayes boys line up at the centre bounce alongside Redden, and it worked at times, And it's not as though our "smalls" have blistering pace either.
Next few weeks with recruiting will be very interesting along with pre-season trials to see if anyone emerges.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Good, signing Lonergan, especially after missing out on Sutcliffe.

Addressing Scappy's comment "... year of the Eagle in 2019" : no chance unless we can average 14-15 goals per match when for the past 3-4 years, we've rarely kicked 15 goals in any match.

1. a more offensive game plan after being the best defensive team for a few years to no avail. (New coach)

2. better midfielder dominance and delivery to our forward line (? whether the signing of midfielders Toumpas and Lonergan address that)
3. better personel up forward. Jack Hayes is our only key tall and does a mighty job for someone only 192cm. We badly need a mobile tall forward 194-195cm to take opposition's sole attention away from Jack. Hopefully, there is another signing for this type of player. We are a very short team around the flanks, wings and midfield but ironically these players are amongst our best -trouble is, when we play them all, much taller teams like North, Norwood and Sturt have an easy aerial advantage. I'm talking about players like Boyd, Poole, Petrenko, Johannsen, Haylock, Goldsworthy, Sinor and now Toumpas, all very good players. As an example, Godden tried to address our short midfield centre bounce lineup late last season by having both Hayes boys line up at the centre bounce alongside Redden, and it worked at times, And it's not as though our "smalls" have blistering pace either.
Next few weeks with recruiting will be very interesting along with pre-season trials to see if anyone emerges.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Scrappy wrote:https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoNSFFhyEi8

Skip the ad :
For Micky and Goddy ...

Lol thanks Scrappy
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:17 pm

Premiers wrote:Good, signing Lonergan, especially after missing out on Sutcliffe.

Good post
Hopefully the Eagles do recruit well again
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by The G Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Norwood are rightly often under scrutiny for alleged Salary Cap issues but Eagles never seem to be .
The G
The G

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:48 pm

The G wrote:Norwood are rightly often under scrutiny for alleged Salary Cap issues but Eagles never seem to be .

Many years ago the Eagles were over and caught . Since then the Eagles manage their finances better . And look at the players retiring that frees money up .

Maybe The G should ask Norwood why are they under scrutiny .Smile
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:26 pm

To The G,
On what basis do you say that ".... the Eagles never seem to be under scrutiny"?
You and I don't know. Perhaps the Eagles are/have been examined and have passed each compliance test.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by The G Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:03 pm

mickyj wrote:
The G wrote:Norwood are rightly often under scrutiny for alleged Salary Cap issues but Eagles never seem to be .

Many years ago the Eagles were over and caught . Since then the Eagles manage their finances better . And look at the players retiring that frees money up .

I made reference to Norwood and was unaware the Eagles cheated . If you read my post you might be less defensive .
The G
The G

Back to top Go down

Post by The G Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Premiers wrote:To The G,
On what basis do you say that ".... the Eagles never seem to be under scrutiny"?
You and I don't know. Perhaps the Eagles are/have been examined and have passed each compliance test.

Online and public scrutiny . I wasnt aware they cheated and rarely hear rumblings of it . They just seem to recruit players who would be worth a few bob. Its just my thoughts . You also come across very defensive. Kris Grant openly acknowledges Central District cheated but they won flags I suppose.
The G
The G

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:13 pm

The G wrote:
mickyj wrote:

I made reference to Norwood and was unaware the Eagles cheated . If you read my post you might be less defensive .

Smile

Last edited by mickyj on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next