Flag No.10
Feathers
bayman
Big Phil
whybother
19 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions

Post by mickyj Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:22 pm

bayman wrote:
Premiers wrote:We have badly lacked a key forward of any size

Worrying signs already for 2019

Forgotten Wundke ? (From when he was playing)

One trial game & your worried, give me a break, I do not know how many times I’ve said it but trial games mean absolutely nothing

I agree Bayman but I still have no clue if the tassie recruits played .
Trial games are just trial games .
But as I say I still am unsure if the Tassie recruits played.
Seeing it’s march isn’t it better not to be champions yet .
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Woodville-West Torrens 2019...all discussions

Post by mickyj Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:28 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:
Premiers wrote:We have badly lacked a key forward of any size

Forgotten Wundke ? (From when he was playing)

One trial game & your worried, give me a break, I do not know how many times I’ve said it but trial games mean absolutely nothing

I agree Bayman but I still have no clue if the tassie recruits played .
Trial games are just trial games .
But as I say I still am unsure if the Tassie recruits played.
Seeing it’s march isn’t it better not to be champions yet .

Ok I checked the team lists House didn’t play in either side so another player missing.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Premiers wrote:With no Luke Thompson, explains why Fort (5 goals) had a day out.
For the past 2 seasons, we've had poor entry into our forward line both from our midfielders and wingman. Apart from Lewis and Petrenko, our midfielders lack penetrating kicks to position. We have badly lacked a key forward of any size and it's disappointing to see Westies pick up Jade Cleland, and North also picked up a key forward + (can't remember specifically, a couple of other clubs). There is no "tall" forward in the Reserves pipeline either for 2020 so we need to look at potential recruits outside the club early. Have enough midfielders and 178cm types.

Grady Armfield (192 cm) from the U18s premiership team showed promise at full forward and as a second ruck. Kicked 3.1 and is a beautiful long left foot kick, given time he could develop. He just recently turned 19. Jordan West MUST play up forward to relieve the double teaming on Jack Hayes
What has happened to Johansen!!!!! first season kicked a few goals for us as a small forward but last year and in the trial match has played mainly down back.

Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Feathers,
Agreed. Grady Armfield (and Jamie Coff) have to be our hopes for the future but probably 2 years away from possibly exerting a real influence at league level.
With the 6:6 starting position rule,  a quick breakaway and a dominant full forward will be very hard to combat and disagree with "Flag No 10"'s comment on trends. North Adelaide have been well set up by a good midfield, Alex Barnes up forward for much of the time and rangy players all over the field.
But hey! I'm not expecting doom and gloom - after all, I think the Eagles superior desperation and intensity has succeeded over more talented lists (such as North & Norwood) for much (except finals!) of the time and hopefully, we can do so again.

RE Johannsen, have the selectors gone with Haylock (as a better crumb gatherer/goal kicker) over Johannsen who needs a bit of running space to do his best work?
(Oh, for a Tim Inkster!!!)
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:10 am

Just listening to Roo and Ditts. They mentioned that the WWTFC is still waiting to hear something from the SANFL re compensation for the Prelim final. Things sure move slow at the SANFL.

STILL FIGHTING
Eagles continue chase for compensation from SANFL for 19th-man saga

REECE HOMFRAY
CHIEF SPORTS WRITER

FROM BACK PAGE
WOODVILLE-West Torrens is continuing its fight with the SANFL for financial compensation and will consider going to court six months after the league’s 19th man saga.
The Eagles wrote to the SANFL demanding they be compensated for missing a spot in the 2018 grand final after North Adelaide had an extra man on the field for the first four minutes of the final term of their five-point win in the preliminary final.
The result was allowed to stand and the Roosters went on to win the premiership despite being found to have been “grossly negligent” for their part in the fiasco, and subsequently were fined $10,000.
They were also docked four premiership points to start the 2019 season.
It is not known how much the Eagles were seeking in compensation, but the club believes it was denied significant commercial opportunities around membership, merchandise, events and prizemoney associated with playing in a grand final.
In a written reply to the Eagles earlier this year, the SANFL is understood to have rejected the club’s claim for compensation and considers the matter closed.
SANFL chief executive Jake Parkinson yesterday said his only comment was “the SANFL has already made its position clear to the Woodville-West Torrens Football Club on this matter”.
Eagles president Kurt Slaven said the club was seeking further legal advice and would not give up the fight.
“We’ll be pursuing this as hard as we can,” Slaven said.
“We had members at our AGM in February asking questions in that space and we are looking at all options.”
The Eagles are embracing their new-found rivalry with North and requested a Round 1 rematch with the Roosters at Woodville Oval, which was granted for Sunday, March 31.
While the club is maintaining its rage regarding the 19th man saga, Slaven said the playing group had moved on.
“This is a club matter,” he said. “We have a new coach, new recruits and the team is focused on getting the 2019 season off to a positive start with a win.”
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:13 pm

SEN had Kurt Slaven on this afternoon, i only heard the end of it so can't clarify much......

now if i recall correctly didn't both clubs agree that the QC's decision will be final & no correspondence afterwards will entertained ?

personally i can't see how any compensation will ease the pain of that memory & now its done & there is no possible way of playing in last years grand final, so why really bother ? because to me there is no monetry value that equates to (1) making a grand final & (2) winning a grand final....yes i understand memberships, sponsors & grand final celebrations possibly equate to more turnover but does that mean a grand final is played for mere money or do we play it to determine the best team for the year ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:28 pm

bayman wrote:SEN  had Kurt Slaven on this afternoon, i only heard the end of it so can't clarify much......

now if i recall correctly didn't both clubs agree that the QC's decision will be final & no correspondence afterwards will entertained ?

personally i can't see how any compensation will ease the pain of that memory & now its done & there is no possible way of playing in last years grand final,  so why really bother ? because to me there is no monetry value that equates to (1) making a grand final & (2) winning a grand final....yes i understand memberships, sponsors & grand final celebrations  possibly  equate to more turnover but does that mean a grand final is played for mere money or do we play it to determine the best team for the year ?

No argument from me I just saw online what was going on .
The GF 2018 winner were judged to have broken the rules and we all know starting two games behind everyone in 2019.
What hasn't been mentioned  iirc North after winning the flag lost money ( my apologies if my bad memory is wrong )
However the Eagles didnt lose money

So that was 2018 this 2019 I for one wish to see the new game plan the new coach has spoken about and the new recruits .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:27 am

Most clubs lose money if they lose the Grand Final, which was a possibility had the Eagles made it. If they're basing it on the Eagles making it and winning it then Norwood would have right to the same claim I would have thought?

Both are ridiculous though, think the Eags need to let this one go. They've done a good job of selling to the members their commitment to fight for their club, but leave it be now and let your onfield actions do the talking.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:51 am

Scrunch wrote:Most clubs lose money if they lose the Grand Final, which was a possibility had the Eagles made it. If they're basing it on the Eagles making it and winning it then Norwood would have right to the same claim I would have thought?

Both are ridiculous though, think the Eags need to let this one go. They've done a good job of selling to the members their commitment to fight for their club, but leave it be now and let your onfield actions do the talking.

I was just using the money as an Example.
North win the flag but couldn't make enough money for a profit

That's why i mentioned the money
If your saying the Eagles football club should move on and not mention this in the media .
A/ I just want the season to start
B/ football clubs mentioning stuff in the media if your saying this . The Eagles doing this is far less bad for the league . You should look at what comes out of Alberton when Port can't make the finals being four games clear.

But I repeat I wish the season to start
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Not sure what this has to with Port, but whatevs. Not trying to having a crack at the Eagles either, just don't rate their argument and don't think continuing with this compensation claim is a good look for the club.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:18 pm

Scrunch wrote:Not sure what this has to with Port, but whatevs. Not trying to having a crack at the Eagles either, just don't rate their argument and don't think continuing with this compensation claim is a good look for the club.

I KEEP SAYING I USED THE MONEY AS AN EXAMPLE WHY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT.
THE PORT ADELAIDE SENTENCE WAS ONCE AGAIN AN EXAMPLE the EXAMPLE was KOCHE on the TV saying Ken Hinkley will be fired . But he didn't fire him .
I'm sorry you do not understand examples.

And I will repeat I just want the season to start
I hope you can now understand examples !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:28 pm

Seriously mate, you make zero sense. I'll take another hiatus so I can avoid reading your mindless drivel and you can keep talking to yourself
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:40 pm

Scrunch wrote:Seriously mate, you make zero sense. I'll take another hiatus so I can avoid reading your mindless drivel and you can keep talking to yourself

Why do I make no sense you stated the Eagles are hurting the league .
How are they ?
I gave you an example of Port really damaging a club in the media on channel 7 at the end of 2018 Home and away section of the year .

If I don't make sense why respond to me ?
If you can't understand my sentences again why respond ?

And just for everyone's information 2017/18 I completed community services certificate 3.
The Education department teachers clearly understood every single word I wrote in the 500 to 1000 word answers . I had to produce to pass this VET course.

So if you can't understand me Scrunch why respond ?
And if I'm writing sentences that no one can understand , why hasn't administration told me .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:30 pm

IMO its time to move on. A judge looked at it and made his decision. It was tough on the Eagles and IMO incorrect but what is done is done.

There is no guarantee that the Eagles would have won the GF if they did play in it so it is hard to make a case for compensation for theoretical merchandise sales that may not have occurred anyway.

UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Spot on Scrunch....

There’s no point looking in the rear vision mirror, much better to look ahead & as one wise old owl said “you can’t change history only shape it”
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Settle down, micky.

Keep to the subject, not the poster.

No shouting, mate Smile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Admin wrote:Settle down, micky.

Keep to the subject, not the poster.

No shouting, mate  Smile

Sorry it was the only way to get my exact point across.
And I will not shout again .
Please let me know when my sentences do not make sense .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:12 pm

Good to see Kysaiah Pickett from last year's U16s perform in the league trial tomorrow night. AFL-bound but maybe we have him for 2 years. If he can match it with the big boys this year, then he'll be an asset with his closing speed,  tackling pressure, elusiveness and skills.
? whether Jordan West was dropped because of poor form last week or because they want to give Redden (League)and West (Seconds) full time rucking. But from reports, Eagles gave Centrals too many clean take-aways from centre-bounces last week. Redden isn't going to be able to carry the rucks entire game/every game so ? whether the very much shorter Sam Michael (Seconds) can step up soon.
Disappointing that Lonergan and Toumpas have had interrupted pre-seasons and together with Thompson, are 3 players missing and weakening tomorrow's side.
Urge supporters to get to Norwood Oval 11.00am Sunday to watch U16s playing SANFL Round 2 against Norwood - you'll enjoy it! (U18s trial to follow)
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Premiers wrote:Good to see Kysaiah Pickett from last year's U16s perform in the league trial tomorrow night. AFL-bound but maybe we have him for 2 years. If he can match it with the big boys this year, then he'll be an asset with his closing speed,  tackling pressure, elusiveness and skills.
? whether Jordan West was dropped because of poor form last week or because they want to give Redden (League)and West (Seconds) full time rucking. But from reports, Eagles gave Centrals too many clean take-aways from centre-bounces last week. Redden isn't going to be able to carry the rucks entire game/every game so ? whether the very much shorter Sam Michael (Seconds) can step up soon.
Disappointing that Lonergan and Toumpas have had interrupted pre-seasons and together with Thompson, are 3 players missing and weakening tomorrow's side.
Urge supporters to get to Norwood Oval 11.00am Sunday to watch U16s playing SANFL Round 2 against Norwood - you'll enjoy it! (U18s trial to follow)

Premiers the side does look very young with emergencies named in both teams .
Do you think Hayes will ruck with Redden ?
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:15 am

Pickett (league) and Coff (reserves) unfortunately have a long, long way to go based on their performances last night, no quick fix here. Pickett on his performance at Elizabeth definitely did NOT deserve a league trial game against Norwood. Lonergan and Thompson will come very close to playing next week. Toumpas is 5-6 weeks away. In my opinion Eagles had at least 8 first 22 missing. Sinor (bursa) would have played if the match had been for points. Giuffreda has a slight calf strain and his miss was precautionary. Scott Lewis' wife had a baby Tuesday night so was given time off. Also Ryan Bruce did not play.
Centre clearances still a problem, caused the Eagles demise in the end after leading by 14 points with a few minutes remaining. When Ethan Miller gets a league game you know your tall stocks are absolutely crap. Still think Jordan West is a must in the league team, Eagles MUST find at least one more tall.
Firns was used as the second ruck to rest Redden, Jack Hayes did a little forward rucking, Giulhaus by far the best second ruck option.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:04 am

Centre clearances were much improved compared to last year. Rucking against the best ruckman in SANFL, Redden shared honours combining well with Boyd, Petrenko and Foote. Redden is our whole season (wrap him in cottonwool) - our second ruck was mostly Jack Firns who, at 190cm was our midfielder last year (provided only nuisance value to opposition ruckman). Eagles dominated 3rd quarter but sadly Jack Hayes kicking continues to let him down and missed two "sitters". Schumsch (?spelling) showed promise.
Good Trial (2 point loss) - missing Lonergan, Thompson, Toumpas, Guifreda, Lewis, Johannsen, Sinor. (Norwood were also without several including Panos).
Jordan West's form in the Reserves didn't improve his chances.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:23 am

Premiers wrote:Centre clearances were much improved compared to last year. Rucking against the best ruckman in SANFL, Redden shared honours combining well with Boyd, Petrenko and Foote. Redden is our whole season (wrap him in cottonwool) - our second ruck was mostly Jack Firns who, at 190cm was our midfielder last year (provided only nuisance value to opposition ruckman). Eagles dominated 3rd quarter but sadly Jack Hayes kicking continues to let him down and missed two "sitters". Schumsch (?spelling) showed promise.
Good Trial (2 point loss) - missing Lonergan, Thompson, Toumpas, Guifreda, Lewis, Johannsen, Sinor. (Norwood were also without several including Panos).
Jordan West's form in the Reserves didn't improve his chances.

Forgot to mention Redden before, played well. Seems to be moving a bit better than last season, did some good stuff around the field. Jack Hayes for all the great strong work he does is a poor kick, appears to try and power the kick instead of timing it, should take some lessons from his brother. Thought West's form in the reserves was OK but has to do more and show it when he plays league.
Could hear Lonergan in the coaches box coaching the bench staff in what the players should be doing and where to position themselves, was quite impressed with him, will gradually get his system implemented. It takes a while to teach an old dog new tricks.
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:31 am

So reading these reports . Eagles had 8 out of the starting 22 . Two above statements Redden was fantastic but we need a second ruck now.
Hayes kicked goals but missed sitters
Rowe kicked goals .
Seems we filled the team with Juniors and seniors .
It was only a trial New coach teaching or implementing his style . Looks to be starting to work .
Nice to see Rowe get promoted enjoyed watching his games last year .
As I said just a trial game but the Eagles are improving by the sounds of it .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:22 pm

What's the situation with Guilhaus? I thought he had retired from SANFL and heard he is close to BOG each week in Darwin. I know he has a SANFL suspension to serve. Would be a good acquisition especially since Jordan West's form has dropped away.
Hope Louis Sharrad can re-focus on the ball (rather than ridiculous man-handling) and distributing it cleanly to once again become useful to the team. ? where he'll play since our midfield looks much better this year without him - possibly halfback where he played for the Magpies but would have trouble with pace and elusiveness.
Eagles have to live with a lack of tall key forwards and they worked their butt off with intensity to compensate , but it's taxing to keep it up for 4 Q
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:34 pm

Premiers wrote:What's the situation with Guilhaus? I thought he had retired from SANFL and heard he is close to BOG each week in Darwin. I know he has a SANFL suspension to serve. Would be a good acquisition especially since Jordan West's form has dropped away.
Hope Louis Sharrad can re-focus on  the ball (rather than ridiculous man-handling) and distributing it cleanly to once again become useful to the team. ? where he'll play since our midfield looks much better this year without him - possibly halfback where he played for the Magpies but would have trouble with pace and elusiveness.
Eagles have to live with a lack of tall key forwards and they worked their butt off with intensity to compensate , but it's taxing to keep it up for 4 Q

Great post Premiers last I saw online Seb is welcome back if his acting allows him.
But it raises a question if he's suspended in the SANFL did it carry into the Darwin league ? If it did then he could play round 1 or 2 .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next