William
Lee
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 10: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 4 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 10: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 4 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by PhilH Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:34 pm

Just an attempt at sarcasm...    

At half time Eagles were 9-3, Norwood 2-8
Very similar scoring shots (12-10) but very different score.

No one blames the goal umpires on how they called the kicks, we all agree that it is the players who are responsible for what the goal umpire called.

So why look at a free kick count from a field umpire and based on that count decide if they did a bad job or not?

We have an expectation that the free kick count should be about even. But what if one side is more "accurate" in their tackling etc than another?

PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 4 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 10: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 4 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by PhilH Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:42 pm

We must read different forums, people often are not happy with the umpiring and use the free kick count as some sort of proof they were hard done by
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:11 pm

Also remember often umpires are on the inside of the play looking out, spectators are on the outside of the field looking in ... often a 150-180 degree different view.
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:12 pm

waddayamean wrote:Right. I've never heard someone say it should be an even free kick count though?.

It is the most often used point made when saying who has the rough end of the stick...then go quiet when their side has more of them
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:40 pm

waddayamean wrote:Umpires are pretty ordinary at SANFL level but they , as do players , see it at ground level. A lot harder to see things than those elevated off field.

That backs up one point Norwood handballs were a great deal of throws but not paid by the umpire . Having said that I saw one Eagles player that threw the ball that wasnt called either .

Norwood back man was holding Ainger the old AFL free called by callers Aingers jumper was being stretched out by the player in front of the umpire play on .
Ainger did something similar holding free .
Basically if you are paying them fair enough but for both teams .
And one umpire whose name I will not mentioned but he didn't have much hair .
Is known not to play blatant frees to Eagles players.
Just what's said at the games 
Eagles get too many frees are they first to the ball most umpires pay attention.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:14 pm

mickyj wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Umpires are pretty ordinary at SANFL level but they , as do players , see it at ground level. A lot harder to see things than those elevated off field.

That backs up one point Norwood handballs were a great deal of throws but not paid by the umpire . Having said that I saw one Eagles player that threw the ball that wasnt called either .

I recall reading somewhere that's something the umpires aren't hot on lately. Unless it's a blatant throw, it's play on.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:45 pm

spell_check wrote:
mickyj wrote:

I recall reading somewhere that's something the umpires aren't hot on lately.  Unless it's a blatant throw, it's play on.

It did seem a lot of frees either not paid called play on or nothing

But if i was a norwood fan id be worried about seconds players who couldnt hold a chest mark with no pressure
Umpires and frees or not frees is every week and eagles win as much or more than they loose thats deep lol
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:04 pm

waddayamean wrote:
PhilH wrote:Also remember often umpires are on the inside of the play looking out, spectators are on the outside of the field looking in ... often a 150-180 degree different view.

No I disagree with that. They are predominately on the outside and too far away.

Different game it took the umpire far away to tell the umpire in the play what he was doing wrong
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2