Big Phil
William
Lee
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 10: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 4 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 10: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 4 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 30, 2016 6:45 pm

Eagles (4th 5-2 54.55%) v Norwood (8th 3-4 45.93%)
Saturday 4 June
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Both sides are coming off wins (though the Eagles win is a bit of a hazy memory). Who will come away with the win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 10: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 4 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 4 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 30, 2016 10:50 pm

I agree with the above post, this week they'll win by over 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 4 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 4 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Scrunch Tue May 31, 2016 10:51 am

Reckon the Eagles play the better brand, and may well have the Legs beaten between the ears such has been the Eagles recent dominance in these games. Norwood could be well held on the scoring front again and should that happen and a large loss ensues, the pressure would intensify further at the Parade. Conversely were the Legs to pinch it, they would still be in with a shout for September action.

I think the Eagles comfortably though.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue May 31, 2016 12:49 pm

The eagles will win this one comfortably.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue May 31, 2016 2:56 pm

I hope the Eagles win
And lay more than 1 quarter of footy or more than 10 minutes
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue May 31, 2016 3:40 pm

This in several meetings between the 2 clubs in recent matches
Ive heard or read this from :
posters in forums
club representatives
supporters

That being that the Eagles have been getting a ride with the umpires against Norwood
Ive only seen 1 of these recent games , so I cant comment about the umpiring

Has anyone seen an umpiring bias in these recent encounters ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue May 31, 2016 6:17 pm

Every club says that they get a rough end of the stick against us...Norwood are one of 2-3 clubs who talk the loudest.

I'm still yet to see any stats which suggest where on the ground the correct, missed or unwarranted frees are given, match by match.  So, in my eyes, nothing can really be said until those numbers are produced.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:32 pm

spell_check wrote:Every club says that they get a rough end of the stick against us

Probably because the Eagles always seem to get a good run, and IIRC have had the greatest differential for FF & FA over the past 3 or 4 seasons - Cue Spelly (Oh wait ..)

It's irrelevant anyway, umpires don't decide the games, thats an easy way out for supporters. Sure it can be super-frustrating at the time, but it's just deflecting from a clubs inadequacies and does them no favours in the long run.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:37 pm

spell_check wrote:Every club says that they get a rough end of the stick against us...Norwood are one of 2-3 clubs who talk the loudest.

I'm still yet to see any stats which suggest where on the ground the correct, missed or unwarranted frees are given, match by match.  So, in my eyes, nothing can really be said until those numbers are produced.

It's interesting stuff like this gets brought up let's look at the port v Eagles game 
No clue if port fans club said they got a bad run 
Saw a few punches thrown by port to start fights nothing 
And a port player reported for kicking an Eagles player in a marking contest .

Eagles and Norwood haven't played this season 
Excluding a trial game I saw upto half time Norwood won easy their fans were complaining 
Over the new rules that's all I know .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Scrunch wrote:
spell_check wrote:Every club says that they get a rough end of the stick against us

Probably because the Eagles always seem to get a good run, and IIRC have had the greatest differential for FF & FA over the past 3 or 4 seasons - Cue Spelly (Oh wait ..)

It's irrelevant anyway, umpires don't decide the games, thats an easy way out for supporters. Sure it can be super-frustrating at the time, but it's just deflecting from a clubs inadequacies and does them no favours in the long run.    

I guess if you play in front you get frees
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:42 pm

mickyj wrote:
Scrunch wrote:

Not necessarily.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Lee wrote:
mickyj wrote:
Scrunch wrote:

Not necessarily.

or caught holding the ball lol 
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by William Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:45 am

Eagles getting some players back this week will be good, Would say the Eagles to win by about 5 goals
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:21 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens could be boosted by the inclusion of senior duo Michael Wundke and Scott Lewis for the clash against Norwood at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Saturday.
Both veterans have overcome hamstring strains to be included on the five-man extended interchange bench named by coach Michael Godden.
Godden faces a selection dilemma as to whether he will include the triple Ken Farmer Medallist and premiership midfielder, who have not played an IGA League match for a month.
Small forward Lachlan McGregor, who also played previously with SANFL rival Glenelg, will play his 50th IGA League match against the Redlegs.

League
F: McGregor, Ainger, Rowland
HF: Poole, Borholm, C. Hall
C: Gaffney, N. Hayes, Jarrad
HB: Goldworthy, Thompson, Allmond
B: P. Raymond, Von Bertouch, Giuffreda

R: Redden, Petrenko, O’Brien
INT: Boyd, Wundke, Batley, Whittlesea, Lewis
IN: Wundke, Lewis

Reserves
F: Jolly, Raikiwasa, L. Hayes
HF: Smith, Firns, Press
C: M. Raymond, B. Ellis, Westbrook
HB: G. Ellis, Summerton, Sinor
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Haylock

R: J. Hayes, Appleton, Yarran
INT: Georgeson

Under-18
F: Longbottom, Miller, Friend
HF: Weidemann, Hoare, Creeper
C: Martin, Hoyle, W. McPherson
HB: Georgeson, Traeger, Coxon
B: Bondarenko, Beecken, Zille

R: Baqeri, Moller, Mead
INT: Fairall, Kitto, McDonald, Moore, Trimboli, Wanganeen
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:52 pm

This game will be called on LifeFM with Doug Oakley and John Nankivell commentating...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/livestats/match4/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:43 pm

Round 10: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 4 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 2016_h14
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:51 am

I had no idea Norwood were that bad this year 
They didn't show much in either seconds or league 
Don't get me wrong sometimes the Eagles getting the ball out of the back line needed benny hill music 
As bad as it looked at times Norwood seemed to have key stone cops music going that bad .
Not having a dig at Norwood that really surprised me
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:51 pm

I guess thankfully the margin was big enough so the umpires were not the influence of the result. A mention must be made to the credit of Rhys Woods, who had to play both matches after Petrenko pulled out just before the match due to a back strain
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:33 pm

Surprised someone hasn't blamed the goal umpires. How biased must they have been in the first half to judge so many Eagles kicks as goals and so many Norwood ones as behinds. We all know umpire decisions are supposed to be about even towards both sides and what the players actually do is irrelevant.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Scrappy & I took $9.00 South to go top last night on sportsbet, it has come into $8.00 but still pretty good value I think, eagles good value too
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:30 pm

A positive for Norwood was their goal scoring accuracy in the second half
2-8 1ST half
4-0 2ND half

One instance in this game sums up Norwoods day
Chippendale took a very strong  superb contested mark
He landed , tangled in a pack of players and damaged his ankle

Norwood foot skills have been below par most of this season
There are these 5 wonderful disposers of the footy at the club pre season
BODE
CACHIA
JOHNSON
PANOS
SUCKLING

Only Johnson played in this match

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:00 pm

PhilH wrote:Surprised someone hasn't blamed the goal umpires. How biased must they have been in the first half to judge so many Eagles kicks as goals and so many Norwood ones as behinds. We all know umpire decisions are supposed to be about even towards both sides and what the players actually do is irrelevant.

You're better than that Phil
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:01 pm

Free kicks
EG 26
NW 22

Thought the umpiring was good , even though the Eags got more frees Wink

Eags won fair and square
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next