Big Phil
Mannyredleg
StrayDog
RODH2
Brucetiki
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 7: South v Norwood - Saturday 7 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 7: South v Norwood - Saturday 7 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 02, 2016 7:25 pm

South (1st 5-0 58.80%) v Norwood (7th 2-3 43.82%)
Saturday 7 May
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

South came from the clouds to knock of the Crows, while Norwood were awful in their loss to Centrals. It what is yet another home game for South Adelaide, who will leave Noarlunga victorious?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 7: South v Norwood - Saturday 7 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 7: South v Norwood - Saturday 7 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by RODH2 Mon May 02, 2016 8:38 pm

South are on a mission, they won't be complacent...... 20points.
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 7: South v Norwood - Saturday 7 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 7: South v Norwood - Saturday 7 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by blueandwhite Mon May 02, 2016 9:51 pm

Panthers by 26 points.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannyredleg Tue May 03, 2016 8:18 am

I cant believe the respect still being given to Norwood, they just dont deserve it at the moment.

Eddy will kick more than the entire Norwood side.

Hate to say it but Panthers by 60+
Mannyredleg
Mannyredleg

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue May 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Yeah I agree Manny - For a side that has won 4 of their past 15 games and appear to be getting worse by the week, there is still strangely a reasonable amount of support for them.

I think Norwood will up their intensity this week to respond to recent criticisms, but they won't have the class or system to seriously challenge a Panthers outfit who are taking all before them.

South comfortably I'd think.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Tue May 03, 2016 2:28 pm

South by eight or nine goals.
StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue May 03, 2016 8:25 pm

Mannyredleg wrote:I cant believe the respect still being given to Norwood, they just dont deserve it at the moment.

Brett Eddy
Was asked or approached to consider playing for Norwood this season ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannyredleg Tue May 03, 2016 9:05 pm

I dont think it would have mattered if we got Eddy.
Our game plan destroys forwards.
If Lewis Johnston was at just about any other club he would have kicked  2 or 3 times what he has kicked so far with us.
We produce good defenders and rucks but for some reason we just dont get the forward setup right. Its been an issue for decades and apart from the odd exceptional year has been a chronic problem for us.
Mannyredleg
Mannyredleg

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue May 03, 2016 9:41 pm

Scrappy wrote:
Mannyredleg wrote:I cant believe the respect still being given to Norwood, they just dont deserve it at the moment.

Brett Eddy
Was asked or approached  to consider playing for Norwood this season ?

Yep i think Norwood offered half the Parade for him.....however dont think he was ever serious about shifting..its a bit hard to leave when you are living with the coach..

..anyway if Norwood are thinking if they cut Eddy out of the game it will reduce South to a spluttering mess on the scoreboard.....well Im pretty sure you will be sadly mistaken.. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue May 03, 2016 11:05 pm

Mannyredleg wrote:I dont think it would have mattered if we got Eddy.
Our game plan destroys forwards.
If Lewis Johnston was at just about any other club he would have kicked  2 or 3 times what he has kicked so far with us.
We produce good defenders and rucks but for some reason we just dont get the forward setup right. Its been an issue for decades and apart from the odd exceptional year has been a chronic problem for us.

Manny has made some good observations
Norwood has made it a habit of having forward line recruits play in Premiership teams
They have not produced that many star forwards , compared to some other clubs

Forward recruits who have played in Norwood Premiership teams

1975 + 1978 John Wynne
1975 Ross Dillon
1978 Brian Adamson
1982+1984 Neville Roberts
1984 Peter Laughlin
1997 James West
2012 Luke Jericho
2012 + 2013 Ben Warren
2014 Michael Newton
2016 Lewis Johnson ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed May 04, 2016 10:10 am

Scrappy wrote:

Brett Eddy
Was asked or approached to consider playing for Norwood this season ?
From what I heard, he was offered a VERY appetising package, prior to Johnston being signed...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed May 04, 2016 10:12 am

Scrappy wrote:
Forward recruits who have played in Norwood Premiership teams

1975 + 1978 John Wynne
1975 Ross Dillon
1978 Brian Adamson
1982+1984 Neville Roberts
1984 Peter Laughlin
1997 James West
2012 Luke Jericho
2012 + 2013 Ben Warren
2014 Michael Newton
2016 Lewis Johnson ?

Brady Dawe ex Sturt
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed May 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Scrappy wrote:

Brett Eddy
From what I heard, he was offered a VERY appetising package, prior to Johnston being signed...

My understanding is that Norwood certainly went after him, not the only club, but probably lead the chase. Wouldn't blame any club for trying, he's a seriously top footballer.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed May 04, 2016 12:04 pm

Scrappy wrote:
1984 Peter Laughlin

Was a midfielder, not a genuine forward. Had plenty of talent too.

Hard to think of the last prolific homegrown forward Norwood have produced, probably Pascoe.

Anyway, getting a bit off topic .. Will be interesting to see which players return for the Legs, and which others might be missing from the weekend just gone. Not that it will matter, South are a class (or two) above this year.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed May 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Brad Crabbs' 150th game for the Panthers.
If theres one guy who deserves congrats for reaching this milestone its Crabby. What a great club man he's been; he's seen some very dark days and put up with a lot of crap (from one coach in particular) along the journey, in the end he's still there and persevered to get to 150.
Well done!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed May 04, 2016 6:59 pm

Scrunch wrote:
Scrappy wrote:
1984 Peter Laughlin

Was a midfielder, not a genuine forward. Had plenty of talent too.

Hard to think of the last prolific homegrown forward Norwood have produced, probably Pascoe.

Anyway, getting a bit off topic .. Will be interesting to see which players return for the Legs, and which others might be missing from the weekend just gone. Not that it will matter, South are a class (or two) above this year.

Was what they called a utility back in those days , ended up playing a variety of positions
I reckon he was recruited as a forward initially [just a recollection]
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed May 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Scrunch wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Scrappy wrote:

Brett Eddy

My understanding is that Norwood certainly went after him, not the only club, but probably lead the chase. Wouldn't blame any club for trying, he's a seriously top footballer.

" Norwood had a chat to me but it was not to serious, just coffee
They just wanted to know my intentions  
But , I was always going to stay at South Adelaide."

By
Brett Eddy
April 2016

Great player
Great pity he didnt come over to Norwood , he may well have lessened the average handballs Norwood has had in 2016
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed May 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Unfortunately prior to last weeks game at Hickinbotham Oval both the Panther Club canteen/barbecue and the Past players hut were broken into and quite a bit of food, drink and materials were stolen.
I would urge anyone attending the game this week to patronise these facilities and show some support if possible.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed May 04, 2016 10:32 pm

Scrunch
Dont worry about where Peter Laughlin played
Look who lined up at Centre Half Forward for Norwood in the 1984 Grand Final team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_SANFL_Grand_Final
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by William Thu May 05, 2016 10:38 am

Having been to 3 games at Noarlunga this year I have enjoyed the atmosphere created around the past players area by the people inside the area and just out the front, some very entertaining comments and creates a good vibe around the area. Also very friendly people as I find most South people to be.
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu May 05, 2016 1:17 pm

South by 33 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu May 05, 2016 1:36 pm

South to continue on their way with a comfortable win - say 23 points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Southee Thu May 05, 2016 9:44 pm

South by 3 goals.

Great to see Crabby reach 150 games.

Stuck through thick and thin when many others have bailed the ship sniffing premierships and $$$$'s.

A true club man of the highest order.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri May 06, 2016 2:02 am

waddayamean wrote:South should win and questions need now to be asked why Ben Warren was appointed. You could see them slipping when he took over and won a flag.

Don't necessrily disagree, but interested whether you said that at the time or just now?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next