Southee
blueandwhite
Paul
BloodnTars
howthewestwaswon
Brucetiki
11 posters

Go down

Round 6: South v Norwood - Saturday 10 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 6: South v Norwood - Saturday 10 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 05, 2014 7:49 pm

South v Norwood

Saturday 10 May
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 4:25pm
League: 7:10pm

Last Week
South 11.9.75 lost to Eagles 13.7.85 @ Hickinbotham Oval
Norwood 10.10.70 d Glenelg 8.5.53 @ Gliderol Stadium

Last Time They Met
Norwood 17.10.112 d South 7.7.49 @ Coopers Stadium

Ladder Position
South: 3rd 4-1 57.36%
Norwood: 6th 2-3 46.68%

South are coming off their first loss of the season, while Norwood are coming off their second win of the season. Will South bounce back, or will Norwood even up their won-loss ledger?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 6: South v Norwood - Saturday 10 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 6: South v Norwood - Saturday 10 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon May 05, 2014 9:24 pm

I'll back the Panthers to win by 1-2 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 6: South v Norwood - Saturday 10 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 6: South v Norwood - Saturday 10 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by BloodnTars Mon May 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Match of the round. Souths depth will be tested but think they can bounce back and win by a couple of goals
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu May 08, 2014 4:24 pm

South by 16
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu May 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Think the weather may take a turn for the worse Im afraid.
.South with 11 players out injured.......?

South by a couple goals Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu May 08, 2014 7:52 pm

South by 4 to 5 goals.

Good to see Dale come up ok this week.

Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri May 09, 2014 12:56 pm

South by a couple of goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Norwood to beat an under manned South
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri May 09, 2014 10:32 pm

testy wrote:
Norwood to beat an under manned South

spot on, good odds imho as well
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri May 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Will go with South by 6pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat May 10, 2014 11:29 pm

SOUTH: 13.13. 91 DEFEATED
NORWOOD: 7.9. 51

BEST PLAYERS: J.Cross, X.Gotch, B.Macleod, N.Liddle, T.Fields and J.Haines.

GOALS: B.Macleod 3, B.Eddy 2, J.Haines 2, N. Murphy 1, X.Gotch 1, J.McDonald, J.Veide 1, P.Rolfe 1 and B.Crabb 1.

Great win by the boys tonight. Conditions were a little slippery but no rain during the game. Little or no breeze. South controlled the stoppages for the majority of the night and when ever Norwood looked to be fighting its way back into the game the panthers had enough composure to kick a goal to keep them at bay. Only in the 2nd half of the last quarter did South mange to break free and kick a few on the trot to run away with a 40 pt win.
Personally i thought Liddle and Mcleod were our best ,followed by Cross and Haines in his first game of the year.
Despite a litany of injuries South continue to defy its critics and continue to play a completely different style of game than us long suffering supporters have seen. the team is all on the same page, playing for each other and the coach. This hasnt been the case for quite  a while at South; this winning feeling, something new to us southies ......isnt bad is it??? Cool
A quick word on the umpiring....it was woeful, appalling and confusing for all players and spectators.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat May 10, 2014 11:42 pm

Just awesome to watch South Adelaide at the moment! - its been a while since I have watched our side play as they are now. So good to see Rolfe back in the Navy Blue and White!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 11, 2014 12:08 am

they must be the real deal now
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sun May 11, 2014 7:28 am

I think thats season over for us. At the start of the year with all the player losses I hoped we might sneak into the five but I can't see that happening now. We just lack the quality of players. It's been a great four years especially the last two, hopefully over summer we can rebuild and give Dugga a group he can work with.

If South can set themselves up in the top three it will make for a good finals series. Gotch is certainly doing everything right at the moment.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun May 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Southee wrote:South by 4 to 5 goals.

Good to see Dale come up ok this week.

I was close ! Wink

Loving this feeling ATM ... It's been along time that I have felt like this . Maybe 1991 ??

Huge challenge against the Port reserves this week !
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down