+5
Southee
bayman
Flag No.10
Scrunch
Lee
9 posters

Go down

AFL TV deal - how it should affect the SANFL and Beyond Empty AFL TV deal - how it should affect the SANFL and Beyond

Post by Lee Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:27 am

$2.508 billion, or $418 million a year for 6 years.

The AFL can choose between two paths - helping footy at State, country and grassroots levels, or usng it to strengthen the AFL competition only and spar at international windmills.

Let's hope there's some co-operation and vision, so that all competitions around the country can be helped.

There's currently an AFL review into State Leagues and I fear the outcome.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

AFL TV deal - how it should affect the SANFL and Beyond Empty Re: AFL TV deal - how it should affect the SANFL and Beyond

Post by Scrunch Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:10 am

Well said
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

AFL TV deal - how it should affect the SANFL and Beyond Empty Re: AFL TV deal - how it should affect the SANFL and Beyond

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:32 pm

This is not going to be good news for state leagues. The AFL becomes awash with more money, they become more powerful and more contemptuous of lesser leagues. If they insist, as is rumoured, that the SANFL reduces its salary cap, the obscenity of this requirement in light of the wages that will be paid to AFL players will be further highlighted.

I heard someone from Foxtel today explaining how good it would be for the game, by referencing what the TV rights deal has done for the English Premier League. It would be funny if it wasn't sad.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:43 pm

It is an obscene amount of money, especially if little of it is to be used toward footy in general.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:39 pm

sadly it is a business first & foremost & doing the right thing Australia wide at all levels bar the ''pinnacle'' will be last on the agenda
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:53 pm

Maybe they (AFL(VFL)) could sink $20M into an all womens league where they could play curtain raisers to some AFL matches at the MCG

$10M shared between Vic clubs $5M to a NSW club, $4M to a Qld Club and the other $1M between all the other states combined do I see a common thread here somewhere?
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:57 pm

The AFL see the SANFL competition as a thorn in their side. (always have)

Wont be a good outcome.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:42 am

the prowler wrote:Maybe they (AFL(VFL)) could sink $20M into an all womens league where they could play curtain raisers to some AFL matches at the MCG

$10M shared between Vic clubs $5M to a NSW club, $4M to a Qld Club and the other $1M between all the other states combined do I see a common thread here somewhere?

If they don't establish that as a full proper comp next season, they're nuts.
All the commentators have marveled at what has been on display this season.
I've watched a few school girl games and other local games here and whilst the skill level varies, the passion doesn't.

Simply has to happen.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:41 am

Stupid greedy AFL.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:31 pm

Perhaps the AFL can fund their own national reserves competition after all?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:35 pm

Ben W wrote:Perhaps the AFL can fund their own national reserves competition after all?

They have always been able to, they just don't want to.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:24 pm

Yep I agree with that.
And they're half way there with the NEAFL.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down