Big Phil
Lee
Thiele
firstblood
PhilH
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SANFL Fans Media Poll - vote for talkingfootysa.com - Page 2 Empty Re: SANFL Fans Media Poll - vote for talkingfootysa.com

Post by Big Phil Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:What does it say about the SANFL website that it's not amongst the 5 nominees?

From the article, on the SANFL site...

SANFL's article wrote:As co-ordinators of the survey, Zac Milbank (SANFL), Phil Herden (FOOT-e TIMES) & the SANFL web site were not listed as nominees.

Thanks for the explanation BP. Must say though I don't think anyone would have objected if people were allowed to vote for the SANFL site. I doubt there would be accusations of manipulating the figures.
Agreed, Flaggy...

Same for someone like PhilH, who does so much great work in the media. I understand his reasoning, though...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

SANFL Fans Media Poll - vote for talkingfootysa.com - Page 2 Empty Re: SANFL Fans Media Poll - vote for talkingfootysa.com

Post by Admin Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:57 am

The Awards were last night, but there's nothing on the SANFL website and we haven't been advised of the winners.

Our congratulations to all those who won an award.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:32 pm

Having had a few too many beverages last night, my memory isn't the greatest today, but here are the winners, I can remember:

BEST COMMUNITY PHOTOGRAPHY -  Emma Pedlar (ABC West Coast)

BEST PHOTOGRAPHIC COVERAGE  -  Deb Curtis (SANFL / Football Budget)

BEST PRINT NEWS STORY  -  Michaelangelo Rucci (The Advertiser)

BEST PRINT FEATURE STORY  -  Peter Cornwall (Adelaide FC website article)

BEST RADIO INTERVIEW  -  ABC Radio interview with Barrie Robran

BEST TV NEWS COVERAGE  -  Channel 7

BEST TV / RADIO COMMENTARY  -  Channel 7

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL MEDIA PERSONALITY  -  Phil Aspinall  (RPH / FOOTe TIMES SA)

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL WRITER  -  Chris Kendall (SANFL / SportsBeat)

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL COMMENTATOR  -  Mark Soderstrom (Channel 7)

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL MEDIA OUTLET  -  RPH Adelaide

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL NEWS WEB SITE  -  www.safooty.net

Last edited by Big Phil on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks Phil.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Good to see you and Chris Kendall in the list.

Before North supporters have a shot at you, it's BARRIE, mate  Wink
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Big Phil wrote:Having had a few too many beverages last night, my memory isn't the greatest today, but here are the winners, I can remember:

[

interesting choice. john casey?
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:36 am

The Hatchet wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Having had a few too many beverages last night, my memory isn't the greatest today, but here are the winners, I can remember:

Obviously the fans prefer Soders. Perhaps it was more to do with Casey only being in his first year of covering the SANFL while Soders has runs on the board...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Was it not only retirement that took the shackles and the inhibitions off a very prominent administrator who very much enjoyed being at the microphone at the Media Awards event. Smile
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Big Phil wrote:
The Hatchet wrote:

Obviously the fans prefer Soders. Perhaps it was more to do with Casey only being in his first year of covering the SANFL while Soders has runs on the board...

Shocked

as a commentator?

casey just a newcomer to commentary in that case?
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:44 pm

All the results were from a "fans media poll"

testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:48 pm

eartotheground wrote:Was it not only retirement that took the shackles and the inhibitions off a very prominent administrator who very much enjoyed being at the microphone at the Media Awards event. Smile
Lee Whicker was hilarious, wasn't he, eartotheground? !!!!
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:08 pm

testy wrote:All the results were from a "fans media poll"

Not quite. The SANFL official Media Awards were adjudicated on by independent judges...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:09 pm

The Hatchet wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
The Hatchet wrote:

Shocked

as a commentator?

casey just a newcomer to commentary in that case?

To SANFL Commentary, yes, he is. Perhaps there was an element of unknown from the fans...

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:53 pm

Did Casey do any commentating when he was involved in sport coverage here back in the late 1980's?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Scrunch wrote:Did Casey do any commentating when he was involved in sport coverage here back in the late 1980's?
Basketball and some AFL games, I think?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Scrunch wrote:Did Casey do any commentating when he was involved in sport coverage here back in the late 1980's?
Basketball and some AFL games, I think?

most definitely has commentated on Basketball, not so sure about AFL games as i can't remember him calling them but that doesn't mean he hasn't, i dare say he's probably done Olympic &/or Commonwealth games over the years
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2