SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3) take the poll

4 posters

Go down

Where should weeks 1 -3 of the SANFL Finals be played

SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3)  take the poll I_vote_lcap33%SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3)  take the poll I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3)  take the poll I_vote_lcap58%SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3)  take the poll I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]
SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3)  take the poll I_vote_lcap8%SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3)  take the poll I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3)  take the poll Empty SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3) take the poll

Post by PhilH Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:37 am

I will discuss this in more depth in "Phil's Fire Up" on SANFL ONE today (from 1pm 1079 Life [url=1079life.com/listen]1079life.com/listen[/url])
but what are peoples thoughts re playing the first 3 weeks of finals at the ground of the higher ranked teamed?

Consider today - With minor premiership, top 3 and top 5 finalised what are teams playing for today, it all seems a little anti-climactic. No one's fault, we are not going to get the craziness of the 2017 final round every season.

But with a home final the reward for finishing 2nd and 4th today would be fascinating to follow.

:: South would need to beat Norwood to host North at Noarlunga in Elimination Final, otherwise it is at Prospect

:: Sturt would need to beat Glenelg to host Eagles at Unley in Qualifying Final, otherwise it is at Woodville.

These final games mean more when EVERY position in the five means something.

Personally I prefer the higher ranked team gets the reward of hosting a final.

Main reasons

- A 4-5K crowd at any suburban ground is a far better presentation of SANFL footy than a 80-90% empty Adelaide Oval.

- Every position in the five means something

- Financial reward for home team in hosting final, surely the Adelaide Oval games don't break even.

But they are my thoughts ... what are yours???? Take the poll and have a say.

PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3)  take the poll Empty Re: SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3) take the poll

Post by Brucetiki Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:35 pm

I still support all finals being played at Adelaide Oval. The players deserve the reward of playing on Adelaide Oval.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3)  take the poll Empty Re: SANFL ONE - Phil's Fire Up (Home Finals - Weeks 1-3) take the poll

Post by saintal Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:03 am

Home ground finals week 1. AO from the semis onwards.
saintal
saintal

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:53 pm

saintal wrote:Home ground finals week 1. AO from the semis onwards.

Agree. A few thousand at Adelaide Oval gives no atmosphere.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum