bayman
howthewestwaswon
Scrunch
the prowler
Lee
Brucetiki
12 posters

Go down

Round 8: Norwood v Eagles - Friday 23 May @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 8: Norwood v Eagles - Friday 23 May @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 19, 2014 7:01 pm

Norwood v Eagles

Friday 23 May
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 4:55pm
League: 7:40pm

Last Week
Norwood 16.9.105 d Adelaide 11.8.74 @ Coopers Stadium
Eagles 24.19.163 d North 12.14.86 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Last Time They Met
Norwood 11.17.83 d Eagles 5.12.42 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Ladder
Eagles 2nd 6-1 55.10%
Norwood 5th 3-4 47.29%

Both sides are coming off big wins last week. Which side will have another big win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 8: Norwood v Eagles - Friday 23 May @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 8: Norwood v Eagles - Friday 23 May @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Lee Mon May 19, 2014 7:06 pm

The Eagles have been great the last two weeks, but both games were at home.

Norwood are hard to beat at their home ground.

I think this might be close, but you'd have to think the Eagles will prevail.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 8: Norwood v Eagles - Friday 23 May @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 8: Norwood v Eagles - Friday 23 May @ Coopers Stadium

Post by the prowler Mon May 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Eagles are in top form while the Legs have been up and down lately.

Norwood don't like losing at the parade. I will stick my neck out and pick Norwood to win at home in a good night game.

This game should be the match of the round.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue May 20, 2014 12:31 am

The Eagles have a very good record at the Parade under lights. The Crows were up for their recent game against Norwood so the win was better Than many realise. However, it's hard to see Newton kicking 8 again nor the Legs being able to cope with the Eagles triple towers. Eagles in a close one.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed May 21, 2014 1:43 pm

Eagles by 4-5 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed May 21, 2014 8:52 pm

i think the Eagles will win easily, very easily, by about 10 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu May 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Eagles by 5 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu May 22, 2014 6:36 pm

go eagles !!!
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu May 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Eagles by 38
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Eagles are the most in form SANFL side (not AFL) at the moment too good for norwood.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri May 23, 2014 11:48 pm

great contest, Norwood tried to keep the ball in close after the Eagles got away to an early flyer, had Norwood (in particular Newton) kicked straight when it mattered they would've won, in the frantic last 8-10 minutes the experienced players stepped up along with Mcgregor to win the match for the Eagles....................i'd be interested to know the reason the out on the full was overturned & made a boundary throw in, i can't believe the crowd convinced the field umpire to overturn it because from the grandstand it clearly came of the boot of a Norwood player & 'sailed' over the boundary line, in the end the throw in helped the Eagles
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat May 24, 2014 12:19 am

the prowler wrote:Eagles are in top form while the Legs have been up and down lately.

Norwood don't like losing at the parade. I will stick my neck out and pick Norwood to win at home in a good night game.

This game should be the match of the round.

Almost got over the line............but no cigar!
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat May 24, 2014 1:59 pm

bayman wrote:great contest, Norwood tried to keep the ball in close after the Eagles got away to an early flyer, had Norwood (in particular Newton) kicked straight when it mattered they would've won, in the frantic last 8-10 minutes the experienced players stepped up along with Mcgregor to win the match for the Eagles....................i'd be interested to know the reason the out on the full was overturned & made a boundary throw in, i can't believe the crowd convinced the field umpire to overturn it because from the grandstand it clearly came of the boot of a Norwood player & 'sailed' over the boundary line, in the end the throw in helped the Eagles
Spot on review Bayman couldn't tell the out on the full from in front of the giant screen !!
Funny game to watch Norwood dominated the game won everything except the free kicks and kicking goals !!! And they lost the game nothing unusual in a night game at the parade !
I may well be wrong but am I sensing Luke Normans influence in the coaching box . The in close shut downs the experienced Eagles players were doing were fantastic!! Do they keep stats on that ? And the young backline worked hard trying to stop the Norwood forwards from scoring !! Eagles have produced a fine product in Caleb Lloyd !!

And yes it did appear that Norwood fans were trying to influence the umps they yell "ball" for everything under the sun !

A great close win go Eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat May 24, 2014 6:56 pm

mickyj wrote:
And yes it did appear that Norwood fans were trying to influence the umps they yell "ball" for everything under the sun !

A great close win go Eagles

Ahaha, that reminds me of when I and possibly others called out deliberate when a Norwood player tapped the ball straight over the boundary.  Some Norwood fan replies "how can that be deliberate he was under pressure (which was true, but he did head direct for the line).  Learn the rules".  I'm sure that same person led the chorus for the next 'ball' cry.

Ah, footy fans, gotta love 'em Smile

Anyways, it's always a bonus to come away with the two points when you aren't the best side on the park.  I expected it to be much, much tight and in close - so it proved.  Norwood played well, and probably not surprisingly got numbers back in front of Wundke and Ainger at every opportunity.  Therefore it lead to other players to pick up the crumbs, one of those such goals was a lightning bit of play by McGregor who brought up the 5th goal of the third quarter.  Roving the pack he at full tilt, snapped a goal about 20 metres out on a 50 degree angle with the left foot in the left pocket.  Powell even got a goal, as well as the last two behinds of the match.

I notice Allan once again got the most possessions on the ground against us.  Historically that doesn't really decide the result, possibly that went down to 3.5 by Newton.  4.4 would have been enough to win.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon May 26, 2014 9:22 pm

the only down side to the night was the food, i went to the bbq & it was a big line so i thought i'd get a hot dog & chips for something different & got them from under the southern end grandstand, the chips were hot & worth eating, the hot dog wasn't hot, it wasn't even luke warm it was cold, cold as if just taken out of the fridge, i had one bite & threw it away & i presume this is what gave me a mild dose of gastro overnight, thankfully i had some Immodium which bound me up so i could get to the Richmond slaughter house on Saturday, can someone who has a contact let them know about their food from Friday if they don't know they can't rectify, as for me it'll be a long time before i buy a HOTdog again
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon May 26, 2014 10:38 pm

I've spoken and been emailed by several Norwood supporters who were scathing of the umpiring , that it cost Norwood victory

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am

No comment.  The last time I mentioned the umpires, a Norwood fan had a real crack at me for doing so. Very Happy.  Cool 
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue May 27, 2014 5:37 pm

redandblack wrote: No comment.  The last time I mentioned the umpires, a Norwood fan had a real crack at me for doing so. Very Happy.  Cool 

Yes only they can comment on umpires r&b  Razz 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Scrappy wrote:I've spoken and been emailed by several Norwood supporters who were scathing of the umpiring , that it cost Norwood victory

absolute crap, yes there were a few baffling decisions but they went against both teams, what cost Norwood victory was bad kicking at goal with Newton the main culprit
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue May 27, 2014 6:46 pm

bayman wrote:
Scrappy wrote:I've spoken and been emailed by several Norwood supporters who were scathing of the umpiring , that it cost Norwood victory

absolute crap, yes there were a few baffling decisions but they went against both teams, what cost Norwood victory was bad kicking at goal with Newton the main culprit

totally correct bayman
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down