Round 8: Norwood v Centrals - Friday 25 May @ Coopers Stadium

+4
Seaside1
PhilH
bayman
Scrunch
8 posters

Go down

Round 8: Norwood v Centrals - Friday 25 May @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 8: Norwood v Centrals - Friday 25 May @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Norwood v Centrals
Friday 25 May
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 4:50pm
League: 7:20pm

Norwood are coming off a big win over the Eagles while Centrals had a shocker after quarter time against Sturt. Norwood's last win against Centrals at Norwood was the last time they played under lights. Will the Norwood lights be good for Norwood, or will Centrals continue their winning streak at the ground?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 8: Norwood v Centrals - Friday 25 May @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 8: Norwood v Centrals - Friday 25 May @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Mon May 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Serious question, I thought night games between these two clubs was banned because of 3 or 4 drongos?

Good to see they’re getting another chance
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 8: Norwood v Centrals - Friday 25 May @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 8: Norwood v Centrals - Friday 25 May @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 pm

bayman wrote:Serious question, I thought night games between these two clubs was banned because of 3 or 4 drongos?

Good to see they’re getting another chance

Not banned, but Centrals request not to play night games there due to the crowd trouble caused predominantly by Norwood supporters.

Several night games between the two sides at Elizabeth since the bad days of the late 90's/00's happened without incident (likewise night matches involving Centrals at other grounds), while mother nature endured the crowd stayed home last time they played under the Coopers Stadium lights in 2014 (sub 2000 crowd with torrential rain).

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Somewhat ironic this is a Friday night match given it's 'Family Round' this week Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue May 22, 2018 12:17 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Not banned, but Centrals request not to play night games there due to the crowd trouble caused predominantly by Norwood supporters.

Bit one-eyed there I think Bruce. I've seen poor behavior from both sets of supporters over the years, but to be honest they've been few and far between and isolated incidents.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue May 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Scrunch wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:

Bit one-eyed there I think Bruce. I've seen poor behavior from both sets of supporters over the years, but to be honest they've been few and far between and isolated incidents.  

Just interesting that most reports about poor crowd behaviour at night games tend to be focused on night matches at Norwood.

But you’re right they’re few and far between, unless Kane Cornes has a deadline to meet...

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue May 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Scrunch wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:

Just interesting that most reports about poor crowd behaviour at night games tend to be focused on night matches at Norwood.

But you’re right they’re few and far between, unless Kane Cornes has a deadline to meet...

I think for a very brief period, there was some concern over a small group (identified as "skinheads", not my description) of presumably Norwood supporters who were causing issues on the Parade and surrounds after games (and not games involving Centrals as such). But they weren't known to have been causing problems at the games, and they were snuffed out pretty quickly.

I must admit, whilst there's been very few scraps on the Hill over the years, some of those Norwood v CD games last decade had electricity in the air and had most punters keeping their wits about them.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by southern bulldog Wed May 23, 2018 6:58 am

We dont have a bad record at Norwood lately but cant see us getting close this week it could get ugly
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed May 23, 2018 12:34 pm

Norwood starting to gel, but that's happened before and Centrals have come to town and "bash and crashed" that form out of them. Be interesting to see how it pans out. Would think the Dogs would take confidence from the shellacking they delivered at the Parade last season and equally would think Norwood should be motivated to atone.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Wed May 23, 2018 1:59 pm

Wont happen we are ordinary and no where near good enough.Last seasons side was far better.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed May 23, 2018 3:13 pm

southern bulldog wrote:Wont happen we are ordinary and no where near good enough.Last seasons side was far better.

Tend to agree, couldn’t shake Glenelg off when we had a few out some weeks ago, I can’t see Norwood having a let down
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Fri May 25, 2018 7:25 am

Round 8: Norwood v Centrals - Friday 25 May @ Coopers Stadium Rd_8_n11
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Fri May 25, 2018 7:50 pm

As expected it is turning into a smashing
Dont get to carried Norwood with your win
you are not beating much
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Brucetiki Fri May 25, 2018 11:08 pm

That was ugly, real ugly - and this week there was no 4 goal quarter time lead to buffer the smashing. Full credit to Norwood they played their best tonight and Centrals were no match at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sat May 26, 2018 10:08 am

Seaside 1 it makes it easier when the opposition can recruit without a salary cap limit
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat May 26, 2018 10:20 am

NW 23-11[149]
CD 7-11 [53]

Josh Glenn scored 8-0 for Norwood against his old club
Norwood won by 96 points
Take away Glenns 8-0 from Norwoods score and add it to CD score, it ends up 101 points each team !
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by erik70 Sat May 26, 2018 11:02 am

Yeah there are two teams with no salary cap Adelaide and Port and i thought Centrals got rid of Glen?And Norwood have beaten in the last three games 3 teams in the finals last year so i cant understand the comment "you are not beating much"??
erik70
erik70

Teams : NORWOOD ADELAIDE CROWS
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sat May 26, 2018 12:27 pm

2 things Glenn went to Willaston because he told us he didnt want to play SANFL anymore so we didnt get rid of him.Read what i said i was referring to the fact you were beating us we are ordinary not your other wins.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun May 27, 2018 9:40 am

At one stage in this match Alex Georgiou was standing Connor Mclean
That made it 39 on 39

Is Connor Mclean related to Chris Mclean who played some seconds football at the club ?

During the last quarter Josh Glenn was involved in a scuffle with a Centrals footballer
That Centrals player was Ryan Llewellyn
The irony of it all was Ryan was recruited from Norwood !

After that scuffle Josh Glenn had to change his jumper from 16 to 43 , and I reckon kicked 2 more goals with his new number
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum