blueandwhite
Gingernuts
UncleHuey
bayman
the prowler
Brucetiki
13 posters

Go down

Round 3: South v Glenelg - Friday 18 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 3: South v Glenelg - Friday 18 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:02 pm

South v Glenelg

Friday 18 April
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 12:25pm
League: 3:10pm

Last Week:
South 18.8.116 d North 12.10.82 @ Prospect Oval
Glenelg 5.7.37 lost to Port 29.15.187 @ Alberton Oval

Last Time They Met
South 12.7.79 d Glenelg 8.8.56 @ Hickinbotham Oval

Ladder Position
South: 2nd 2-0 64.18%
Glenelg: 10th 0-2 22.22%

South are coming off a big win over North, while Glenelg have just about hit rock bottom, completely and utterly humiliated by Port. With South make it 3 from 3, or will Glenelg perform a remarkable recovery?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3: South v Glenelg - Friday 18 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 3: South v Glenelg - Friday 18 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by the prowler Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:46 pm

South will make it 3 from 3, Glenelg will fight back and will still go down
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 3: South v Glenelg - Friday 18 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 3: South v Glenelg - Friday 18 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:25 pm

it is Easter time, so Easter 2014 we might see a resurrection 3 days early, win lose or draw i'd expect a ferocious tiger team to perform this Friday, however South have impressed me in both games so if they withstand the early tenacity etc they will probably run over the top & win by 4 or 5 goals, i'm hoping for that resurrection though
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:10 pm

South are looking sharp, the Bays are looking disjointed. The Panthers by 4 goals.

If the crowd is like last years then perhaps someone could suggest that a few more portable toilets could be ordered. There was a 10 minute queue to use them last year.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:15 pm

10 minutes !!!!, you were lucky that Scrappy wasn't in front of you
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:13 am

surely we have enough trees scattered around the oval?
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 am

Don't forget the car tyres either!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Im thinking the Panthers by plenty...but surely the Bays will react and react strongly to have their pants pulled down by Port on Sunday.
I always worry when have a televised game at home too, Im sure our W/L record would be pretty poor. As well we are playing our much despised near neighbour, and the matches against them rarely go to script. Personally Id be more comfortable if this game was at Glenelg, given our form there over the last few years.
However I believe the South side are currently playing the best footy Ive seen from them for many years. They are a vastly different side to the fumbling , indirect,second guessing side of the Fuller years, and have absorbed a new game plan from Gotchy and are performing it well. Our recruits are all solid players, particularly McLeod, Gulden and Dale who are performing well. The usual suspects in Liddle and Cross are playing well but have a lighter workload than previous years, so I feel the quality of their possessions has improved. The big improvement however has come from the likes of Crabb, Brooksby, Veide and Fields who have all gone to another level; particularly Brooksby who has dominated in the first two games.
The panthers should win and win well. Very Happy
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:08 pm

South by 3-4 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:31 pm

South by 51
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:49 pm

South by 73 points
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:13 pm

The issue is that the Bays play Panther Park better than the Panthers do or that is what it seems like in recent times anyway. irrespective of where either side are on the ladder, both teams seem to pull themselves up for these matches. I think the result will be within six points and will pick South solely on recent form.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by fatty Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:47 pm

from what i have seen, the bays couldnt beat a one legged bloke in an **** kickin contest
fatty
fatty

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Confidence is good amongst the South boys, it should be enough to get over an out of form Glenelg team, South will lead at every change and come home by 6 goals.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:03 pm

My tipping so far is crap, south to win this, which probably means glenelg will win.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:52 am

in the budget Button is named on the league list for Glenelg while Jones named only on the reserves list, i wonder whether there is going to be a change (or two) to the named team today
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Pretty impressive crowd here at Hickinbotham with the official count listed at 3,984
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:36 pm

i've seen all South & Glenelg's matches this year & after today i have no doubt we are not the worst team in the comp, todays loss was basically a lot more wasted opportunities than South had, we should have been in front at half time but wasted those opportunities & at half time we had 4 more scoring shots, yet trailed by 11 points, then after half time it was 10.11 to 6.1 & with that domination we were still a chance half way through the last quarter, not all doom & gloom in my book, i thought the coach made the mistake of not putting someone on Dale when he went loose in defence at the start of the last term, it was too late when he did.........i wonder how this game would have turned out had we won the toss & kicked with the breeze first rather than playing catch up footy for the rest of the day, i thought Alleway, Thorp, Hooper (2 great tackles as well), McGinty, Gregson & Miller were our better players for various reasons
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Agree with Bayman, whilst Glenelg lost the match, they won plenty of the play and were unlucky on several occasions. We made our mistakes yet I also distinctly got the feeling that our lads are gelling better as a side now three rounds in. Was great to see the match on C7 also!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down