Round 3: South v Glenelg - Saturday 22 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

+3
Southee
Baybe
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 3: South v Glenelg - Saturday 22 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 3: South v Glenelg - Saturday 22 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 pm

South v Glenelg
Saturday 22 April
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

South just fell short against Adelaide, while Glenelg are the surprise packet of the season with a massive win over Sturt. Who will come away with the win at Hickinbotham's first match for season 2017.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3: South v Glenelg - Saturday 22 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 3: South v Glenelg - Saturday 22 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:54 pm

if Glenelg are a genuine finals' threat then they'll win comfortably, i think South aren't the same side as in recent years & with that in mind & with Glenelg seeing is believing, so i'll tip the tigers by over 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 3: South v Glenelg - Saturday 22 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 3: South v Glenelg - Saturday 22 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Baybe Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Can't see south being able to contain our forward line. Bays by 10 plus goals
Baybe
Baybe

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 pm

South with more than a few injury concerns......maybe its the Tigers turn anyway..

blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:46 pm

South to spoil the Bays party and bring them back to earth again.

South by 3 goals.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:08 pm

League
F: Barnes, Haren, Heaslip
HF: Haines, Overall, Schwarz
C: Liddle, Seccull, Hunter
HB: Fields, Cailotto, Rose
B: Rankine, Durdin, Crabb
R: Ellison, Cross, Gotch
INT: Bass, Taylor, Fairlie, McMahon, Newell

IN: Fairlie, Cross, Bass
OUT: Davis (ankle)
saintal
saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:25 pm

will Joel Cross play this week ? or will he be another late omission ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:29 pm

South don't look the same without Eddy. I think the Bays will keep the winning feeling going and come away victors by 4 goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:16 pm

A very interesting game I thought..the Bays out of the blocks quickly in the 1st Quarter and dominated posession and inside 50s but couldnt take advantage on the scoreboard, halfway through the quarter you could see the tide turning and eventually South hit the scoreboard late to go into quarter time with a couple of goals advantage. For the next 2 quarters South through Secull,Liddle and Cross and Overall up forward dominated the game and skipped away to a 40 pt lead at 3/4 time.
Glenelg came out with a far better attitude and kicked 6 unanswered goals in the last quarter, and basically ran out of time to secure a great win. Souths last quarter was limp and insipid . There was no wind to speak of. There was a pretty reasonable crowd to I thought..
The umpiring was lamentable- both ways- and the sooner they do away with the centre bounce the better- none of the umpires were competent in that skill. It was also disturbing to see one of the leagues better players being dealt with off the ball at stoppages with no free kick being paid when the perpetraitors wrestle him to the ground at almost every stoppage.It happens every week though....
For South supporters- our best is very,very good, but our worst is very ordinary indeed..at the moment we're seeing both ends of the spectrum in the same game.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:08 am

had Glenelg pinched it & we were about 10 seconds away from doing it, it would have been a travesty to South, i think Glenelg came out disrespecting South & paid the penalty, i also think Lokan was out coached by Hocking, Hocking after 1/4 time had 2 & sometimes 3 players  loose in defence & every time  the  ball went  forward  it  came back & came back with interest, with the multitude of changes & presumably an  old fashion spray at lemon time  the players rallied & had a crack, however it shouldn't ave to happen with a spray & if the way Sam Overall marked & played today happens weekly it'll be a case of Bret Who

BTW, the breeze did spring up in the last term favouring the Northern end & would have been worth 2 or possibly 3 goals
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Always enjoyable beating the Bays...

After a poor opening 15 minutes South controlled the match to 3/4 time, opening up a 40 point lead. Thought our tall defenders were very good and had the better of the aerial battles. Stopped running in the last (2 days less preparation than the Bays a factor?) and the Bays got a sniff, and had the game gone another 10-20 seconds they may have pinched it. A missed opportunity for some % for South..

Overall booted 5, including 3 in the third term and is improving each week. Beautiful kick of the footy. Usual likes of Seccull, Liddle and Cross busy in the middle, and as mentioned thought our backs were excellent for 3 terms.

Umpires far too whistle happy (61 frees in total, without a heap paid for out of bounds). Some extremely soft calls and the usual array of bewildering HTB decisions.

saintal
saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum