Ben W
howthewestwaswon
bayman
BloodnTars
Admin
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Round 3: South v West.  Friday 12 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 3: South v West. Friday 12 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Admin Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:36 am

South v West

Friday 12 April
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 4:55pm
League: 7:40pm

Broadcast: 5RPH

South started off the season with a home loss to Glenelg on Good Friday, while West are coming off a big away win over the Eagles. Will West maintain their fantastic start to the season or will South open their account for season 2013?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3: South v West.  Friday 12 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 3: South v West. Friday 12 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by BloodnTars Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Don't forget trains are not running at the moment to Noarlunga, which makesit hard for those who rely on public transport to get home especially. I have checked timetables and worked out that I won't be getting back into the city tip after midnight which means then I won't be able to get a connecting bus home. Will still be going (will probably get cab home from the city) but think it is pretty poor to be programming Friday night games when transport isn't good at the moment. Maybe a 7.10 start would have been better but I guess that makes it harder for people to get there on time. I know it doesn't affect the majority of west or south supporters but just think it is pretty poor programming.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 3: South v West.  Friday 12 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 3: South v West. Friday 12 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:36 pm

logic & form suggest West will win but i wouldn't be totally shocked if South won, i would expect a response from their first match when they had very few contributors for that night against Glenelg
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Each way bet with this one. South by 3-4 goals or West by 8-9 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:06 pm

South by 64pts for mine.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:08 pm

Ben W wrote:South by 64pts for mine.

good year for you Ben W Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Bloods by 10 goals. Dont reckon Cassissi and Gray will play
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:01 pm

We will get thumped.....have a bad feeling about this one.

Sad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Catch up, Southee?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 pm

Well ......West have been a nemesis for South in recent times, winning I think 10 of the last 13 games between the two sides...or something ridiculous like that..
Its early in the season I know, but to be 0-2 after 2 games.....well it wouldnt be a great look, and its a long hard road to the meet the finals aspirations this year that many Southies have from there. If its 0-2 after this game, it will also be 0-2 at home, which will continue the clubs dearth of wins in its heartland, not a good look.
Souths injury list is growing by the week too, a few wont be back for a while yet either. West have taken all before them so far this year, and look to have a vastly game plan to the defensive strangling mindset they employed last year.

However.
I do believe South will win and win well.
After such an appalling effort against the Bays there is no way they will hit the ground with such a limp insipid mindset like that again.Uncle Ron will see to that.
The game will be won and lost in the middle of the ground and here I believe South have the midfield to get the job done. They also have a very good forward line who can finish it off given the opportunities.

South by 21-30. Shocked
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:28 pm

If Westies are switched on, they'll be hard to beat.

I think they'll be switched on and I think South are much better than they showed last game.

Should be a great, entertaining match.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Well R@B, I will be there with my spouse who as you know is a West member.

I hope we win because it will be a long walk home for her!
Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:58 pm

I might stay at Aldinga Beach Friday night, in case I have a long walk home too, B&W Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:33 pm

South can't seem to win at home, WEst are playing some very good football at the moment. Westies by 46 points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 pm

redandblack wrote:I might stay at Aldinga Beach Friday night, in case I have a long walk home too, B&W Very Happy

are you sure it's Aldinga, i thought the beach might be a bit closer towards Myponga Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 pm

redandblack wrote:I might stay at Aldinga Beach Friday night, in case I have a long walk home too, B&W Very Happy

I thought you liked to go to maslins beach R&B Razz
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:37 pm

good to see testy & i are on the same wavelength so it must be true r&b !!! Very Happy Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:48 pm

testy wrote:

you dont want to see red at maslins believe me lol!
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:30 pm

blacky wrote:
testy wrote:

you dont want to see red at maslins believe me lol!

i presume you've ''seen'' him then blacky ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:31 am

Really think South can hit back here. But cant go past the structure/belief/discpline of West. Bloods by 8.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:15 pm

No Mckernan makes it a bit harder for the Panthers
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:39 pm

brodlach wrote:No Mckernan makes it a bit harder for the Panthers

Razz Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing

on the contrary, Mckernans departure will make us a better side!

anyone who saw his insipid inept display v the Bays would agree.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:39 pm

Who would you replace him with, B&W?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:53 pm

redandblack wrote:Who would you replace him with, B&W?

Well our forward line already has 2 bigs in Michael Wundke and Brett "Max" Eddy.
Brooksby played as a ruckman along with Smac v the Bays. We have Daniel Bass probably resuming after the flu and young Crows rookie Dowdell to pick from if you want another tall. Personally I thought we were a bit top heavy v the Bays; so they may go for a small, have to wait and see I guess.

I thought McKernans performance against the Bays was the worst I have seen by an Afl listed player in the sanfl.
He clearly wasnt there for the right reasons and didnt give a s---. So he can go where he likes as far as Im concerned, as long as he goes.
At least we can we can give someone else who shows a bit of heart an opportunity.
Id be pretty sure he would have been in the twos this week anyway,.....might be the reason hes moved on..??
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:00 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
brodlach wrote:No Mckernan makes it a bit harder for the Panthers

Razz Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing

on the contrary, Mckernans departure will make us a better side!

anyone who saw his insipid inept display v the Bays would agree.

Agreed!! It was embarrassing and pathetic.......did not even want to be out there on Good Friday (i could tell that!).

Poor IMO!!! Evil or Very Mad If you dont want to be there....pi$$ off!!
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum