Ben W
howthewestwaswon
bayman
BloodnTars
Admin
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Round 3: South v West.  Friday 12 April @ Hickinbotham Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 3: South v West. Friday 12 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by brodlach Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Southee wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:
brodlach wrote:No Mckernan makes it a bit harder for the Panthers

Razz Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing

on the contrary, Mckernans departure will make us a better side!

anyone who saw his insipid inept display v the Bays would agree.

Agreed!! It was embarrassing and pathetic.......did not even want to be out there on Good Friday (i could tell that!).

Poor IMO!!! Evil or Very Mad If you dont want to be there....pi$$ off!!

Maybe he is religious Wink
brodlach
brodlach

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 3: South v West.  Friday 12 April @ Hickinbotham Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 3: South v West. Friday 12 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Southee Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:30 pm

brodlach wrote:
Southee wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:
brodlach wrote:No Mckernan makes it a bit harder for the Panthers

Razz Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing

on the contrary, Mckernans departure will make us a better side!

anyone who saw his insipid inept display v the Bays would agree.

Agreed!! It was embarrassing and pathetic.......did not even want to be out there on Good Friday (i could tell that!).

Poor IMO!!! Evil or Very Mad If you dont want to be there....pi$$ off!!

Maybe he is religious Wink

Well he would need to pray alot to get anywhere near a selection for the crows.....dont even think the big man would help him on current form and attitude!!! Wink
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:34 pm

If the bloods produce anything near what they did last week they should get up, not a bad record at Noarlunga.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 pm

West will be wearing their new alternate guernsey for the first time tonight.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Missing the game tonight Crying or Very sad

Hoping that our good form continues and we win by 4 goals. For South fans keep an eye out for young guns Laird, Keough and Anderson, they are going to develop into very very good players for the Bloods
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Interested to see how this one plays out. Think South have a good list but I think West now have a superior midfield to Norwood and are equal premiership favourites. West by 28 points Im thinking.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mr o Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Ithink this is going to be closer than most people think, westies by 3 goals
mr o
mr o

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:52 pm

For those interested the game is being streamed live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIAIP7kVWbI&feature=g-high-lsb

Great initiative by the SANFL

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Cheers Brucetiki
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:18 pm

i've just got home from work so sadly it is too late for me to go, will listen to the boys on the radio
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:03 pm

after Westies big win tonight (95 points up late in match) i have this to say

Westies have got something this year they haven't had in years & it has nothing to do with game plans, it is like Norwood have developed the much desired ''killer instinct''
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:12 pm

bayman wrote:after Westies big win tonight (95 points up late in match) i have this to say

Westies have got something this year they haven't had in years & it has nothing to do with game plans, it is like Norwood have developed the much desired ''killer instinct''

Think you might be onto something there Bayman. Depth if they cop some season ending injuries is the biggest question mark (same for all clubs I guess) I think. They look the goods.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:24 pm

Southee wrote:We will get thumped.....have a bad feeling about this one.

Sad

Call me Nostradamous.

What a disgrace........that is all.

Goodnight.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:42 pm

I'm still pinching myself watching this. Fast, skilful and goals, lots of them.

Unusual when you kick 22 goals and your best player is probably the full back.

Second week in a row with 11 different goalkickers.

Finally, the new away strip looked great, IMO.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:05 am

West reserves won by 10 goals
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 am

Premiers. Just wait and see.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:57 am

Don't do that to us in Rd 3 Scrunch - LOOOOONG way to go
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:23 am

Clearly better than all but 1 other club last year and this years improvements look significant. Long way to go though I know and plenty can happen. Sorry Wolves.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:44 am

We play North and Norwood in the next two games.

Really good signs, but those two games will tell us more.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:52 am

For a West point of view, here's blackandred's report from the bloodntars forum:

Westies dominated the contest against South tonight at Noarlunga running out winners 22.12 to 5.8. In the first 3 games of this season Westies have kicked 16, 18 and 22 goals.

Travis Tuck played in the 2s and Gray and Cassisi again in red and black in the seniors.

On a still and warm Autumn night the game was all over at Q time with Westies kicking 7.3 to 1.2 with our last 5 goals coming in time on! Nelson had goalled from the point post early, followed by Keogh with a running banana kick from the pocket. Westies then exploded booting 5 late majors, Gray got 2, Keogh another, Webb roved the pack and Slattery got a long one home from deep in the pocket. All the rebound was coming from the backline though with Cassisi, Bricknell and Caire dominating while not forgetting Fergy, Tippett and the quietly effective Mangan. South had the better of the ruck with 22 HOs to our 6 but Nelson had 10 touches to be the leading possession getter in the first Q.

The 2nd Q was more of the same despite South putting in a more determined effort. Westies were faster, stronger and more skilful – this needs to be said again – Westies were faster, stronger and more skilful. At the long break Keough and Gray had 3 goals apiece and we were 12.6 to SA 2.2.

South came out running in the 3rd and played on all the time with their skipper Thewlis leading from the front. They outscored us in this term and we fell down on the FF line when we did manage to pass centre. South had 90% of the footy but we outplayed them across the full back line with regular clearances from the square and kept them to only 3 goals. It must be said that 21yo Tom Keogh is developing nicely across half forward. He can take a grab and can kick goals, a useful combination when playing forward. South played in front and at the end of this Q they had 19 frees to our 16 although we were still 9 goals up thanks to Slattery slotting one on the siren. WA 14.8, SA 5.6.

In the last we added 8 goals and kept the hapless Panthers to 2 pts. Beech booted 3 this Q. One brilliant effort involved Birss rebounding from half back and delivering a beautiful 50m pass which ended with a Ben Macreadie mark at CHF. Everyone stopped,Macreadie played on, walked casually around and threaded a left foot gem through the middle. It was one of those nights. We finished off the game in full attacking mode which will please the coach. Final score WA 22.12, SA 5.8.

Chris Schmidt was our top possession winner with 30 followed closely by Laird and Macreadie with 27 apiece, then Birss, Bricknell and Cassisi with 21. Beech took 14 marks and Keogh 8. South won the hit outs 58 to 18, we made 49 tackles to their 35 and we went inside 50 57 times. Beech kicked 4 and Keogh, Slattery, Webb and Gray 3 apiece. The game was a great team effort with the defenders setting up the forwards with precision delivery inspired by the wonderful skills of Dom Cassisi and Ryan Ferguson. We run in packs and move the ball quickly. Our second and third efforts are terrific. We have made giant strides since 2012. Special mention to Joel Tippett who kept the Ken Farmer medallist goalless. Wundke didn't take a mark all night.

The 2s won 19.9 to 10.2. They have a useful forward set up with Still and Middleton. Travis Tuck got plenty of the footy.

The crowd was 2062 and this probably included the police and firemen who had to attend a blown fuse in one of the light towers which exploded at half time.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:01 pm

I haven't seen West play as yet, but clearly from reports they are playing a much more attacking game. If this is true, they'll be a real handful for anyone wanting to compete for the 2013 flag.

Tongue in cheek: It's interesting to see people excited by the new style when last season they howled down anyone who dared suggest West were too defensive Wink

As a Norwood supporter, I'll be very interested to see West and North to assess our chances for the flag this year.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:58 pm

It's funny I don't think they have changed that much in their style of play, perhaps just implementing their instructions better
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Oracle Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Agree with brodlach. The skills are much better this year. Players hit a target all the time, fewer turnovers and (thankfully) not so many kicks out on the full.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:33 pm

I have really enjoyed our second and third efforts
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Much more legs speed this year
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next