UncleHuey
Thiele
Flag No.10
RODH2
Brucetiki
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 3: South v West - Sunday 10 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 3: South v West - Sunday 10 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:38 pm

South (2nd 2-0 58.39%) v West (10th 0-2 30.34%)
Sunday 10 April
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

South were impressive in their win over the Eagles last week, while West's premiership defence went from bad to worse against Glenelg.  Will South make it 3 from 3 at home, or will West find a way to win?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3: South v West - Sunday 10 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 3: South v West - Sunday 10 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:02 pm

interesting programming with South having 3 home games at the start of the year, i've seen both teams in the last two weeks & i think South will just get over the top & win by 7 points, there is no doubt we'll see a response from West this week
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 3: South v West - Sunday 10 April @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 3: South v West - Sunday 10 April @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by blueandwhite Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:18 pm

Personally...last Sunday v the eagles was the most complete performance Ive seen from a South Adelaide side for many years and many other southies Ive spoken to agree.
This week against West, if you look at the form we should romp it in, however i wonder how long it is until the berocca kicks in and cures the Hangover..- hopefully not this week!!
Im tipping the Yeeoh's by 32 pts. Smile
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:31 pm

I think Westies may have been the last team to have been beaten at Noarlunga, (since its inception)......but I'm not looking forward to the weekend... South by 24pts.
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Going to be a tough challenge for Westies. The injury toll just keeps adding up. O'Brien/Tuck/Hartlett/Haysman/Porps all to undergo tests. Helbig out for for at least three. Klemke gone for at least four weeks so they lose a tall down back. Homburg I heard did his knee in the ressies and is out until rd 10 so another depth midfielder gone.

They were smashed by Glenelg last week, albeit who have recruited well off-season and improved massively. Confidence shot. South on fire. It's the type of game we lose. Strangely I'm less confident this week than last!
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:54 pm

scott wrote:Going to be a tough challenge for Westies. The injury toll just keeps adding up. O'Brien/Tuck/Hartlett/Haysman/Porps all to undergo tests. Helbig out for for at least three. Klemke gone for at least four weeks so they lose a tall down back. Homburg I heard did his knee in the ressies and is out until rd 10 so another depth midfielder gone.

They were smashed by Glenelg last week, albeit who have recruited well off-season and improved massively. Confidence shot. South on fire. It's the type of game we lose. Strangely I'm less confident this week than last!

Hartlett isn't a new injury, it's a test to see if he will return from injury.
And I don't think Homburg has played a game yet so if he did a knee it must have been while watching the Ressies.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Homburg is an ankle and as F10 said he hasn't played.

Haysman played last week and is fine.

Klemke isn't a 4 week injury.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:38 pm

scott wrote:Strangely I'm less confident this week than last!

I have similar thoughts, I think West will be stung into action this week and it will be a close match. South by 8pts for mine.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:49 am

These are usually the games we drop and if we go in the game thinking it will be a walk in the park ... We are gone !!!

South by 11 points.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:28 am

Flag No.10 wrote:
scott wrote:Going to be a tough challenge for Westies. The injury toll just keeps adding up. O'Brien/Tuck/Hartlett/Haysman/Porps all to undergo tests. Helbig out for for at least three. Klemke gone for at least four weeks so they lose a tall down back. Homburg I heard did his knee in the ressies and is out until rd 10 so another depth midfielder gone.

Hartlett isn't a new injury, it's a test to see if he will return from injury.
And I don't think Homburg has played a game yet so if he did a knee it must have been while watching the Ressies.
My apologies I only heard second hand info and you know how far that gets ya!
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:21 am

Heard those five Westies blokes are fit to go this week.

(2nd hand info again!)
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:29 pm

South by 49pts
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:19 pm

West Adelaide coach Mark Mickan has resisted the temptation to thrust key defender Adam Hartlett into his side to face South at Hickinbotham Oval on Sunday.
Despite staring down the barrel at an 0-3 start to the season, Mickan has named Hartlett in the Reserves as he prepares to play his first game of the season.
The premiership backman has been restricted by a knee injury which ruled him out of all trial games, ensuring he will need to build match fitness.
Instead, Mickan has called upon Chris Burgess and Jack Agostino, who have been added to the 23-man squad which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.
Defender Justin Hardy will play his 100th SANFL IGA League match while Josh Schiller and Tyson Slattery will front for their 50th appearance.

League
F: Green, Webb, Fielke
HF: Stubbs, Middleton, Tuck
C: Haysman, Schmidt, Silverlock
HB: Turner, Slattery, Wasley-Black
B: Caire, Hardy, Hill
R: Willits, Stevens, Schiller

INT: O’Brien, Porplyzia, Agostino, Burgess, Klemke
IN: Burgess, Agostino

Reserves
Hartlett, Pillion, Cua, McPherson, L. Ryan, Vick, Schott, Favretto, Inglis, Majok, Holliday, Johnson, Scott, J. Evans, Waite, Stidiford, Fitzpatrick, Cameron, J. Ryan, Noonan, G. Hampton, Karpany, J. Noble.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Congratulations to Hardy on his 100 games.

South are doing everything right at the moment while Westies looked ordinary against the Bays. Although the Bloods should put up a better fight I think the Panthers will open up the season at 3-0.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by William Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:10 am

South have started the season well, I would expect them to beat West by about 5 goals.
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:22 am

Broadcast on the SANFL App or through the SANFL website at www.sanfl.com.au.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:41 am

South probably should win given Wests early season health and fitness issues, but there's still plenty of quality for the Bloods. I'll go for them in an upset by 8 points
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:41 pm

South played some good footy, ran well and their skills were generally good.

West were terrible again today. Undersized through injury, underdone and our skill level was worse than terrible.

A must win at home against Sturt next week.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:51 pm

RIP The bloods for season 2016. Sad Sad
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:19 pm

South not only "played some good footy"..but absolutely smashed the reigning Premiers from the first bounce. Relentless pressure saw the Bloods cough up possession time and again, and springboard South into attack. Up forward South had 3 talls at the top of their game - Eddy 8 Overall 3 and Haren 3 dominating with some excellent delivery.Bass was dominant in the ruck and gave South midfielders good service.
Personally I believe we played better last week against the Eagles after giving them a 4 goal head start, something I know the playing group were conscious of going into this game.

Injuries and departures and defections to the afl are the lot of sanfl clubs these days. South lost 3 key players to the AFL last year and had 6-7 key players injured in the last 6 weeks of the minor round last year and still managed to almost see finals action.
Really enjoying the way we are going about it atm, and having most of the playing group fit and firing is a bonus ...but who knows whats around the corner..?
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:25 pm

nice to meet fb & catch up with Thiele today, bad luck to you guys but South way too good, yes West may have players out, players underdone & obviously players drafted from last year, this obviously takes its toll but the one thing that i think West are doing at the moment & can be rectified is that imho they are playing ''bruise free, friendly footy'' rather that getting their (collectively) hands dirty...........South on the other hand did as they pleased & looked good in doing so, today was the first time i saw a certain South player handball (went to Hitchcock who goaled) rather than have the shot himself Razz
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:31 pm

bayman wrote:nice to meet fb & catch up with Thiele today, bad luck to you guys but South way too good, yes West may have players out, players underdone & obviously players drafted from last year, this obviously takes its toll but the one thing that i think West are doing at the moment & can be rectified is that imho they are playing ''bruise free, friendly footy''  rather that getting their (collectively)  hands dirty...........South on the other hand did as they pleased & looked good in doing so, today was the first time i saw a  certain South player handball (went to Hitchcock who goaled) rather than have the shot himself Razz

..that handball didnt go unnoticed by most panther fans....!!!! but I think the player in question was alreddy doing well on the scoreboard. Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:36 pm

blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:nice to meet fb & catch up with Thiele today, bad luck to you guys but South way too good, yes West may have players out, players underdone & obviously players drafted from last year, this obviously takes its toll but the one thing that i think West are doing at the moment & can be rectified is that imho they are playing ''bruise free, friendly footy''  rather that getting their (collectively)  hands dirty...........South on the other hand did as they pleased & looked good in doing so, today was the first time i saw a  certain South player handball (went to Hitchcock who goaled) rather than have the shot himself Razz

..that handball didnt go unnoticed by most panther fans....!!!! but I think the player in question was alreddy doing well on the scoreboard. Rolling Eyes

he definitely was & did do very well Very Happy all jokes a side, he is a very good player
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Lee wrote:South played some good footy, ran well and their skills were generally good.

West were terrible again today. Undersized through injury, underdone and our skill level was worse than terrible.

A must win at home against Sturt next week.

Certainly no disrespect to South intended, B & W, they were very impressive & smashed us.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Yep, nice to meet you too Bayman and Scrappy as well. Very Happy
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next